• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predict Ratchet & Clank's Metacritic score.

Ratchet's Metacritic score will be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Ratchet review embargo ends at 10 AM EST tomorrow. Place your predictions now.

Poll will close by 9:30 AM tomorrow. Lets have some fun with it. If you are off by 10 points, you have to wear an avatar featuring Abby for the rest of the day.

Here are some choices.

0532338981bf5637aa1a80c200c306c77274d6ca.jpg
flat,128x128,075,t-pad,128x128,f8f8f8.jpg
flat,128x128,075,t-pad,128x128,f8f8f8.jpg

elliot5

I'm guessing like an 82. Praising the graphics, presentation, and next gen features, while criticizing the length, gameplay familiarity and writing. Basically, a R&C game. Mostly getting 3.5 or 4 stars and high 70s-low 80s, with the typical 9+ ratings bumping that average up

Entroyp

I think this one lands around 85. This is a Sony exclusive so the quality will be there of course.

DeepSpace5D

The average will land somewhere in the high eighties. Sticking with my original guess at 88.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I dont see how it realistically should be less than a 90-95, but since some dumb reviewers will label it a "kiddy" or "platformer" game and barely play it, probably 10 less for no good reason.
nah mario is super kiddie and odyssey has an average of 98. critics love that shit. I personally didnt get it but reviewers dont dismiss platformers for being kiddie.

All insomniac has to do is innovate and aim high. they are the ones who treat this franchise as expendable. it can be so much more if they treat it like nintendo does.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

91, i was thinking something in the 80's but idk its like those launch titles for console the exclusive ones like demon's souls and breath of the wild. Those titles tend to score a bit higher to make more console sales. Its not a launch title but it was marketed strongly to sell the next gen console experience for PS5. I predict high score.

Last edited:

lachesis

I voted for 85-89, because I've haven't really seen other than "Mario" getting real critical acclaim these days when it comes to mascot platforming/adventuring type of games.
Even though I love Mario - I do think people give a bit more forgiving eye to the good old plumber compared to other mascots.

Even Astrobot, which everyone seems to love - is at 83 by critics, and 9.3 by users.

Looks amazing and fun though - so if they pull off I think it would be in high 80s. Critics tend to give out more adult themed stuff more points anyhow.

Spidey Fan

Banned
80-85 in my opinion.

Game has all the eyes on it now. If it performs lower, people will riot. I doubt game journalist will give it lower than 85. Last time some one who did that for cyberpunk, got crucified by the cyber fans.

Graphic wise 10/10. Story wise 7-8/10. Gameplay wise 7-8/10. As much impressive as the portal jump, too much, will make the game meh. They have to have balance for it. I know insomniac does great job at doing their jobs, but after cdpr, i dont trust any company completely. everyone has their missteps.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
nah mario is super kiddie and odyssey has an average of 98. critics love that shit. I personally didnt get it but reviewers dont dismiss platformers for being kiddie.

All insomniac has to do is innovate and aim high. they are the ones who treat this franchise as expandable. it can be so much more if they treat it like nintendo does.

Mario gets some sort of special pass......ratchet does not........

84-87 is my guess, probably around 85. I think they'll be docking points if the game's length is too short. Also I'm kind of worried that it will feel shallow, but I really hope I'm wrong on all accounts 🙂

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Voted 85-89. Think it will settle at 87 once all the 100+ reviews come in.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
87 feels good. The games are generally well received, and it looks like it's going to be really good.

Last edited:
85-89, settling around 86 or 87. Great scores but not long or ambitious enough to break through that level

getting a 90 is hard these days, and plus Jeff Grubb will give it a 6/10

Last edited:

All insomniac has to do is innovate and aim high. they are the ones who treat this franchise as expendable. it can be so much more if they treat it like nintendo does.

nintendo hasn’t treated Mario highly in ages…odyssey was a disaster

Fredrik

No Abby avatar here so no voting, hoping for the best though, it’s the second game I could buy a PS5 to play if they let me.

killatopak

Ratchet 2016 got an 85 for simply being a remake and it did not feature all of the first games worlds.

I figure this would do 89.

THEAP99

Banned
I will wear an Abby avatar voluntarily.. but yeah I am expecting an 89 once the dust has settled. Early impressions have said it's probably gonna be in the 90+ range.

Last edited:

slade

80-84 unless they've got some hidden awesome gameplay that we haven't seen yet. I'll be happy if it's the same length as the early PS3 titles.

Top Bottom