• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predict what your top 5 games of 2024 will be and we'll see how accurately it turned out a year from now

Hudo

Personal top 5? Hmm...

(In no order):
Homeworld 3
Metaphor: ReFantazio
Dragon's Dogma II
Age of Mythology: Retold
Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Extreme hopium: Command & Conquer Remastered Collection Vol. 2

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Looking like a dreadful year

Hellblade 2
Warhammer space marine 2
First berserker kayzen

That’s it

Pretty shit

Nothing from Sony either

Gideon

Black myth wukong (my most anticipated game)
Avowed
rise of the ronin
dragon dogma
Light no fire (?)
Homeworld 3

Last edited:

tommib

Pretty sure Thrasher is going to be my game of 2024. I’m a Thumper devotee:

image07.gif
image08.gif

xrnzaaas

Hellblade 2 is my most anticipated 2024 game, but it's close between this and Stalker. I realize I may be in the minority here because many some people hated the gameplay in the first game and even with the promised improvements I don't expect it to change drastically. For me the atmosphere of the first game is what counted the most
Stalker 2
Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth
Songs of Conquest (full release, I don't play early access games)
Broken Roads

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Damn I almost forgot about Hellblade 2 having a release window lol

I'll probably like it, I liked the first game a lot.

edit. OH YEA! That fucking Star Wars game! lol

day 1.

Too bad Hellblade 2 will be exclusive.

It might be an option to ask my son to sub to GP for a month so I can play the game on his PC, but I'll most likely just skip it.

Fbh

In no particular order:
Dragon's Dogma 2
FFVII Rebirth
Hollow Knight Silksong (it's totally coming out next year.....right?)
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Unicorn Overlord

Honorable mention:
Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree: Technically not a new game but I wouldn't be surprised if it has a full game worth of content.

Laieon

Persona 3 Reload
Metaphor: ReFantazio
World of Warcraft: The War Within
Age of Mythology: Retold

Honorable Mention:
Wind Waker HD on Switch (A boy can dream...)

Last edited:
The problem with this is I won't play of these until years later, so it's hard to evaluate. But as to my guesses:

Hollow Knight Silksong
FFVII Rebirth
Persona 3 Reload
Metroid Prime 4
Whatever Mario 3D game launches with the Switch 2

Expansions, remasters, and honorable mentions:

Shadow of the Erdtree
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Hades 2

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
When you have AAA development gaming won’t lack new experiences, hopefully we can get a shooter on PlayStation

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
1. Flight Sim 2024
2. Stalker 2
3. Gran Turismo 7 (maybe this will be the year of the port)
I'm kinda struggling past that as I don't know what is releasing especially VR wise. Hellblade 2 will be up there if it has VR else I'm not that interested and will just give it a quick whirl just to admire the graphics. Last of Us 2 might release but I kinda petered out on the first so probably a pass.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Man, 2024 is looking lacking compared to 2023--but then again, what year wouldn't?

-Alone in the Dark (please, God, let it have learned from the recent run of stellar third-person action-horror games like RE4 Remake, Dead Space Remake, and Alan Wake 2)

-Avowed

-Frostpunk 2

-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

-The Wolf Among Us 2

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Bro, if they could remake RE1 in the 2-4 remake style, and exercise restraint to where every single indiviual zombie encounter is meaningful, that would be a dream.

RE4 Remake is probably my favorite game of 2023, but by the end, you're taking on waves of 20 enemies, and that wouldn't work for RE1.

Yerd

Dragons Dogma 2 is the only game I know about, really.

It's going to be my top, good or not. I was happy enough just hearing it being announced.

Dragon's Dogma 2
Metaphor reFantazio
P3 reloaded
Paper Mario TTYD
Stellar Blade (???)

What I will realistically play next year

Dragon's Dogma 2
Dragon's Dogma 2
Dragon's Dogma 2
Dragon's Dogma 2
Dragon's Dogma 2

Last edited:

Codes 208

-ER: Shadow the the erdtree
-dragon ball sparking zero
-???
-???
-???

Unless they announce a bloodborne remake, the next pokemon legends or a zelda game for the switch 2 then next year is pretty barren so far for me

S0ULZB0URNE

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree.
Next-Gen Nintendo device 3D Mario.
Rise Of The Ronin.
Star Wars Outlaws.
Metroid Prime 4.

Aenima

- Dragon Dogma 2
- LaD Infinite Wealth
- FF7 Rebirth
- Black Myth Wukong
- Stellar Blade / Death Stranding 2 (2024?)

I just start replaying DD: Dark Arisen, that i didnt played since the PS3 version, and this game as old as it is still puts majority of new open world RPGs to shame.

Last edited:
(In no particular order)

1.) FFVII Rebirth
2.) (whatever is Nintendo’s launch title for Switch 2)
3.) Hellblade 2
4.) something Sega…lingering Sega energy from the game awards!
5.) do to Capcom’s recent success, i am going to say Dragon Dogma 2

FeralEcho

It's a lock for these 3 for me....anything else is just icing on the cake

Dragon's Dogma 2
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Stellar Blade

I also believe Wukong will turn out really great so there's that as well.

Honorable mentions as best dlc of the year:

Elden Ring and Lies of P expansions

Last edited:

acidagfc

Path of Exile 2 (even if only a beta)
Elden Ring DLC
Dragon's Dogma 2
Hades 2 (even in early access)

ShadowNate

Alone in the Dark

That's about the only game I'm looking forward even remotely for the new year, so I'm gonna go with that one. In hopes that this will actually make it good. Please be good.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Good thread.

For sure I’m eager for and certain of:

Yakuza Infinite Wealth
FF7 Rebirth
Hades 2
Shadow of Erdtree
Persona 3 Remake

These are not likely to disappoint. I can easily see better games hit to knock Hades 2 and P3 remake off that list but I’m not sure what they may be. Something like death stranding 2 could knock p3 off that list for me.

KiteGr

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Dragon's Dogma 2
Hollow Knight: Silksong

I'm sceptical about everything else...
Even GTA6.

StereoVsn

Top 5 is hard as the year is loaded. That said, here is my guess in no particular order.

• Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader. (Technically it just came out this year, but that’s late enough I am pushing it to next 😁).
  • Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth - Looks like they improved in the first game so should be pretty great.
  • Metaphor: Refantazio - Persona Fantasy Edition 😉. Honestly not sure on this one but have high hopes.
  • Homeworld 3 - Finally!
  • Finally Fantasy VIIR 2 - Can’t wait. I know some folks don’t like the first game but I loved it.

Too many honorable mentions to count but some of them: Unicorn Overlord, Ronin, AC: Red, Suikoden 1/2 Remaster/Remake, DQ3 Remake (fingers crossed), DD2, P3 Remake, Eiyuden Chronicles, Wukong, and many more. It’s going to be a crazy, crazy year for video games after a very good 2023.

Hell, I haven’t even played much of second Star Wars Jedi game while waiting for technical improvements.

tmlDan

For me:

Dragon's Dogma 2
Metaphor: Refentazio
Rise of the Ronin

Its looking grim for Western games for me tbh, hopefully we get announcements

POKEYCLYDE

Oooh, okay. Hmm..

1. Decapolice.
2. The Plucky Squire.
3.Eiyuden Chronicles Hundred Heroes.
4. Avowed.
5. Dragonball Sparking Zero (Sand Land if DragonBall is 2025)

StereoVsn

Hellblade 2 is my most anticipated 2024 game, but it's close between this and Stalker. I realize I may be in the minority here because many some people hated the gameplay in the first game and even with the promised improvements I don't expect it to change drastically. For me the atmosphere of the first game is what counted the most
Stalker 2
Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth
Songs of Conquest (full release, I don't play early access games)
Broken Roads
Oh damn, completely forgot about Stalker, what a year.

Been eying Songs of Conquest as well and will probably get it at some point.

For Stalker though I am thinking will wait a bit post release and also see the mod situations. Mods were very good for first Trilogy.

StereoVsn

For me:

Dragon's Dogma 2
Metaphor: Refentazio
Rise of the Ronin

Its looking grim for Western games for me tbh, hopefully we get announcements
Stalker, Space Marine 2, Homeworld 3 all should be good. Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader just released and it’s very good.

There are also bunch of strategy games releasing next year.

Avowed is also next year, but as my kids say that looks Sus.

tmlDan

Stalker, Space Marine 2, Homeworld 3 all should be good. Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader just released and it’s very good.

There are also bunch of strategy games releasing next year.

Avowed is also next year, but as my kids say that looks Sus.
Stalker 2 also saw a huge downgrade so im not confident given their struggles (im not blaming them they have gone through a ton). Avowed also looked bad.

There's always a chance they show more and im wrong, but currently not confident

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Stalker 2 also saw a huge downgrade so im not confident given their struggles (im not blaming them they have gone through a ton). Avowed also looked bad.

There's always a chance they show more and im wrong, but currently not confident
Avowed plain looks bad. Not sure what happened there but hopefully I am wrong.

Stalker team just went through so much with the war, death of some of their dev team members and so on that I am keeping my fingers crossed it’s good.

It’s Day 1 GamePass so I will fire it up and if good will get it on Steam after a few patches.

Edit: Don’t even have GamePass anymore so it will be GamePass “seller” game for me (for a month or a trial period at least).

Last edited:

tmlDan

Avowed plain looks bad. Not sure what happened there but hopefully I am wrong.

Stalker team just went through so much with the war, death of some of their dev team members and so on that I am keeping my fingers crossed it’s good.

It’s Day 1 GamePass so I will fire it up and if good will get it on Steam after a few patches.

Edit: Don’t even have GamePass anymore so it will be GamePass “seller” game for me (for a month or a trial period at least).
im 100% gonna try them on GP, no question. I want to support the Stalker team regardless.

DeepSpace5D

My guess for my personal top 5 of 2024:

1. Death Stranding 2
2. Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree
3. Destiny 2: The Final Shape
4. Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
5. Helldivers II

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I can’t even think of five games coming out in 2024 that I’m excited for. 2023 was so freaking stacked, that I still have more than five games I haven’t even started yet. Part of me wishes the gaming industry would just take a break for a year to let me catch up on my ever-growing backlog 😂

Top Bottom