• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prediction Thread: Will Starfield Have A Apology Tweet Within 1 Week Of Release?

Will Starfield Have A Apology Tweet Within 1 Week Of Release?

• Yes

Votes: 48 15.6%
  • Yes, It has already been written.

Votes: 155 50.3%
  • No

Votes: 105 34.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chukhopops

Low hanging fruit clout chasing to boost reaction score.
And you know there will be fake concern whenever a plate wobbles on a table during release week.
Yeah modders can inprove the game on PC...but on the XboxseriesX ore on the XboxseriesS on the other hand....they have to wait on Bethesda to fix the game...maybee😉
There are mods on the console version…

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Not a hope. While there will be the Bethesda bugs, it won't be in any way to serious damage the game. I expect the game to be reviewed well in mid to high 80s

Aenima

All they gonna say is:

- Is not a bug, its a feauture.
- You see that bug over there in the distance? Thers a mod for it.

Outside of the usual Bugthesda bugs, hopefully the game release in a decent state enough to not require an apology. I think 2023 already got too many of those.

Lol no, not really. I mean, they may say something. But it be like. Do t worry we be dropping patch’s thru the year. You knew what u was getting. I know what I’m getting. It’s day one. Todd Howard hadn’t fell me yet. I can always just get lost in his games. Yet it fun doing so and never get boring.

Drizzlehell

Banned
No, but not because the game will be well polished but because Todd Howard doesn't give a fuck. He will give you a buggy mess, make you pay for it, and then to seal the deal he will steal beer from your fridge, slap your wife's ass, put his aviators back on, and piss on your boots on his way out the door.

KillaJamm

I predict a lot of 9 and 10's across the board, in line with previous ES and mainline Fallout releases. Yeah it will be buggy but it's a Bethesda RPG, in other news water is wet.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
7nc7g5.jpg

StueyDuck

I don't think the game is gonna release in a bad state where an apology is needed. Just usual Bethesda jank.

I do however think people have way to high expectations for the game to be amazing. I imagine it's gonna be good to great and people are going to lose their temper and bowels because it's not getting 10s across the board

Last edited:

Stuart360

Nope, not unless the game has numerous literal game breaking bugs. They know eveyone expects the game to be filled with smaller bugs, like all their past games at launch (and pretty much any game these days lol).

simpatico

The apology is going to have insane scope and sense of scale. Overloaded with wonderment and gaming magic. Many will take time away from exploring the barren rocky wastelands of Starfield to go back and reread it.

Cyberpunkd

100% yes. Bethesda has never made a game that did not rely on mods or the community to get fixed. Why would that change now?
No, because Bethesda doesn’t give a fuck if it’s broken or not, you are still going to buy it and outlets will give it 95 MC after bitching about bugs.
Tom doesn’t give a fuck.

coffinbirth

It's not exactly a big secret that Bethesda have thrown the world at this game. Their biggest team ever, poaching key id and Arkane talent for support, like seven years dev time...and they publicly said the game was in the polish stage in January of 2022. Rumor has it hundreds of additional people have been brought in during the last year for additional QA and bug squashing.

IF those things are true, we have two things on our hands here...either an unusually rock solid Bethesda game, or the buggiest shitfest Bethesda game ever. If we don't see another delay, I'm going with the former.

Ozriel

M$FT
Looking forward to playing it day one while many bitterly share YouTube compilations of Starfield bugs.

“Bethesda games launch buggy and it takes the community to fix it to a playable state”

And yet reviewers that gave Skyrim a 90+ MC consensus score and numerous GOTY nominations managed to beat it successfully. Not to mention strong post launch sales from Word of mouth.

Calverz

I am of the opinion that these letters of apologies are written before the game is released. It’s like the “get out of jail free” card to essentially release a beta or unfinished product.

But luckily the gaming community is catching on so they will need to come up with some other method to appease people.

Banned
And yet reviewers that gave Skyrim a 90+ MC consensus score and numerous GOTY nominations managed to beat it successfully. Not to mention strong post launch sales from Word of mouth.

and that's why I completely ignore game reviews :)

no, bethesda will not. instead, they'll have a 5-minute long, over-produced apology video, running at an inconsistent framerate...

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I can see that some here are rooting for the game to be a broken mess. What a sad life it must be.

Lfmao, you talk as if this is on people.
My dude, thats Bethesda game for you. Its almost aways broken, regardless of you liking it or not. No amount of "rooting" gonna change that.

But back to reality, a sad life is people not demanding them to polish their games. They should learn with Nintendo.

Last edited:

Brigandier

Almost a guarantee at this rate the industry is an absolute fucking state, It's all about shipping a product ASAP not when it's ready.

This industry needs a regulating body more than ever and publishers need fining and being held responsible for releasing broken messes.

It seems the Japanese Devs are surpassing Western Devs for shipping games that work as intended at least on consoles.

Until someone or something steps in it'll just continue, The customer needs more protection from these greedy fuck sticks.

Back on topic... I have zero faith that Bethesda will release a game that's not a janky bug ridden melt your PC/Xbox mess.

Ozriel

M$FT
Lfmao, you talk as if this is on people.
My dude, thats Bethesda game for you. Its almost aways broken, regardless of you liking it or not. No amount of "rooting" gonna change that.

Their games have a history of launching with bugs.
But 'broken'? As in, completely unable to play through the game?

AFAIK, they didn't release a fervent apology for Skyrim at launch, so i'm not sure why this thread exists.

But back to reality, a sad life is people not demanding them to polish their games. They should learn with Nintendo.

Back to reality, their games are so massive and so open ended that it's extremely difficult to test every combination of actions players can take.
People want them to release their games with as much polish as possible. They seem to be on the right track - they've significantly overhauled their engine and delayed the game for a year to add further polish.

Almost a guarantee at this rate the industry is an absolute fucking state, It's all about shipping a product ASAP not when it's ready.

Yes, that's why the game got delayed for a year. /facepalm

Top Bottom