• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prediction Thread: Will Starfield Have A Apology Tweet Within 1 Week Of Release?

Will Starfield Have A Apology Tweet Within 1 Week Of Release?

• Yes

Votes: 48 15.6%
  • Yes, It has already been written.

Votes: 155 50.3%
  • No

Votes: 105 34.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brigandier

that's why the game got delayed for a year. /facepalm

Facepalm all you want but this is Bethesda, A 9 month delay because the game wasn't ready doesn't mean it'll release how a game should.

Going off their track record they could delay the game for 2 years and people would still be apprehensive.

Except for all of them
nana changing GIF

Saber

Gold Member
Their games have a history of launching with bugs.
But 'broken'? As in, completely unable to play through the game?

Skyrim PS3.
Hope you enjoy bugfest games. But at least they are not broken, like Redfall right? Lmao

But seriously though, one year or 2 for them could mean nothing. I hope all the best for this game but you guys really should demand more from them.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Facepalm all you want but this is Bethesda, A 9 month delay because the game wasn't ready doesn't mean it'll release how a game should.

Also doesn't mean it'll release broken.
There's a showcase in two weeks where we can judge the current state of the game.

Skyrim PS3.
Hope you enjoy bugfest games. But at least they are not broken, like Redfall right? Lmao

But seriously though, one year or 2 for them could mean nothing. I hope all the best for this game but you guys really should demand more from them.

A bug in the PS3 SKU that was fixed by Bethesda. So much for ‘the community fixes their broken games’.

There’s no common sense in comparing Starfield to Redfall. That’s just trolling, really.

I’ll demand more when I know there’s a problem in a product I’ve paid for. Am I supposed to heckle them on social media for problems that may or may not exist?

Saber

Gold Member
A bug in the PS3 SKU that was fixed by Bethesda. So much for ‘the community fixes their broken games’.

There’s no common sense in comparing Starfield to Redfall. That’s just trolling, really.

Whatever makes you sleep better. Keep circunventing them releasing games in bad shapes only to "fix" later. Launching that way doesn't make them less wrong, no matter what you say. In the meantime, keep the hopium.

Back to the thread, I do wonder what excuse they gonna use if the game end up in bad shape. Maybe they gonna really use an AI(like the AI generated planets I think).

Last edited:
Look up "Unofficial Skyrim Spcial Edition Patch"
And then look up the Unofficial patches of every major Bethesda game before that one.

Being ignorant of history doesn't mean you get to ignore it.

Again, what? Did you and the other dude read my post? Go back to it, and read it twice before actually replying my guy. I clearly stated, Bethesda never made a bug-free game.

Last edited:

Katajx

Gold Member
100% yes. Bethesda has never made a game that did not rely on mods or the community to get fixed. Why would that change now?
You know I read this a lot, and I have played all of them on PC and console since Morrowind.

What do you mean rely on? I didn’t rely on anything, but the shipped versions. Almost every “mod” I’ve used is some cheap substitute that doesn’t compare to official support…barring Creation Club. Those weren’t all absolute ass.

You know I read this a lot, and I have played all of them on PC and console since Morrowind.

What do you mean rely on? I didn’t rely on anything, but the shipped versions. Almost every “mod” I’ve used is some cheap substitute that doesn’t compare to official support…barring Creation Club. Those weren’t all absolute ass.

Congratulations, you played broken/buggy games. Glad you enjoyed it, that doesnt mean they were released in an ok state. Stop defending corporations my guy, they wont succk your dick but judging by your avatar, I'm prolly talking to a wall.

EDMIX

Still a day 1 for me, but Bethesda fans know what they getting into lol

They are for sure having some apology over glitches and bugs and shit lol I think many of us put up with it cause the core, promised concept isn't really something Bethesda lies about or doesn't do, so I'm pretty fucking sure I'll be in a space ship going from planet to planet doing quest and what they say it will be, it will be. So having a few bugs isn't really an issue if its conceptually exactly what they are promising. They are a solid team and can deliver this concept 100%, even if it has a bit of jank lol I'm down.

Dthomp

I don't know what to expect from Bethesda anymore, I haven't enjoyed their stuff in a long time and recent releases from them just seem worse with each new one to me. Maybe this changes it?

Last edited:

Katajx

Gold Member
Congratulations, you played broken/buggy games. Glad you enjoyed it, that doesnt mean they were released in an ok state. Stop defending corporations my guy, they wont succk your dick but judging by your avatar, I'm prolly talking to a wall.
Defending them isn’t my intention, because I don’t give a shit about that. I honestly don’t understand that point of view and I have read it for years. You weren’t the only one to mention it, but I thought I would have it a go and ask.

Also, avatar bets are all fun and games. You win some, and you lose some.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Hodd Toward is God.

Praise be to Hodd. His game will be flawless and shit on kiddy Zelda. The only tears will be from the Nintendolets eyes as GOTY goes to Hodds vision.

The apology letter is only available if you pre-order.

StarField Ultimate Edition.
You get the steel case, the figurine, full in-game map (along with a compass) and right there at the bottom of the pile, the apology letter wrapped in a velvet envelope.

Its written in the stars.

Last edited:

Brigandier

Also doesn't mean it'll release broken.
There's a showcase in two weeks where we can judge the current state of the game.

No it might not release broken but I think it will and no matter how much you don't agree you won't change my mind, I'll see it when I believe it, I've been burned a lot by Bethesda over the past 20 years to have faith in these guys.

Let's judge the game when it comes out not in a few weeks when they show heavily edited and scripted footage, Any game can look good in a demo specifically made for press lol

Riky

$MSFT
Unlike Redfall Xbox said they had their technology team in with Starfield early, so I think technically it will be sound, when you have a massive open world RPG then there is always something that can cause a bug but that's the nature of making huge non linear games.
The only apology will be Starfield making the rest of the years releases irrelevant.

cireza

Making an open-world is more complicated than chaining closed areas one after another, with cutscenes in between.

You constantly have to come back and check the impacts of your changes to the entirety of your game, while in a linear action game once an area is complete, you can basically forget about it (and simply fine tune the presentation later). You don't have consistencies issues that slowly but surely drive you crazy.

Expecting zero bug is unrealistic.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
We at Bethesda® are proud of our released titles, and with last weeks launch of Starfield™ we have entered a new era.

This is why it saddens us to see that there are still some users who are encountering game breaking bugs. Over the next few weeks we will be releasing patches to combat these issues. We apologize for these issues and will work hard to remedy them as quick as possible.

We have always had the utmost respect for our fans, and we shall be open and communicative about our roadmap to increase stability across the entire game. We know that you have waited a long time to discover the infinite possibilities in Starfield™, and we will do everything in our power to make sure you will be able to as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

yurinka

Looking at releases like Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online or Redfall yes.

And I think they already have a damage control plan, being that message only a part of it. The other parts of the plan would be some Phil Spencer interview, the release of CG teasers of games to be released in 2030-2035 and the announcement of them trying to acquire Take 2 and/or EA.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I replayed fallout 4 like 6 months ago, the definitive edition, and it still had the same exact bug that i had at launch when you talk with one of the characters inside the church a couple of hours inside the game.

So yeah, i expect greatness from starfield.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I think the better the game is, the more we as players are willing to excuse the bugs to some extent. It’s unlikely Bethesda will release a super polished open world, I just hope the game itself is amazing.

Chukhopops

Addendum: Always get it a year later after sufficient patches, DLCs and mods come out. 😉
More like one week for individual mods and fixes and five months for something like UFO4P if Fallout 4 is any indication…

Individual fixes, as well as stuff like Reshade or ENBoost were added literally in the first week after launch. You can still see the time they were posted on Nexus.

How is this discussion constructive. It reaks of wishing the worst on others.

I guess we better get used to it. Any bug found will be magnified. Anything below 9 out of 10 will be considered a failure.

Top Bottom