• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predictions of the future that are real.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Inventions that we previously did not imagine were real or that were very far from being so, are already part of everyday life in these times.

Science fiction has always opened the doors to exploring what lies beyond. Artificial intelligences, androids, holograms... Many of the things we enjoy today were already imagined.

and we get

TV

Minority report

Real robots

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Holograms

Commercials

Laser gun

Mobile

Finally

Any other predictions from fiction to reality?

Also with the rise of A.I. technology. Like GPTCHAT

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme finding a Kat waifu gf

ETf9S2EXkAEAzoc

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It's funny to me that video calls were a mainstay of science fiction, then as soon as they became practical we were collectively like 'meh it's OK I guess' and proceeded to not even talk on the phone if we could help it.

mitch1971

It's always puzzled me how early films that have a future setting - flying cars, robots - never look at tv/monitors with the same future design. Did no one ever put 2 and 2 together and think surely the future of monitors is widescreen; you know, like the cameras we are using to film them?

Trunx81

Funny also how media is affecting the real world.
Star Trek had a massive influence on many scientists. They got the idea of beaming from there, or the clamshell cellphones (Motorola StarTek being the first).

The movie 2001 predicted iPads.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom