• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Priebus has been fired as WH Chief of Staff, replaced by General John F Kelly

Linkura

In May 1973, as the Watergate scandal deepened, Richard Nixon took the unusual step of making a general his new White House Chief of Staff.

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/891048154560385025

If Trump follows the Watergate script any more precisely, the Nixon library will be able to sue him for plagiarism.

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/864599245550108672

Obligatory:

C_eFj31VoAABeJ-.jpg

kmax

Seems like Priebus doesn't even want to be there.

Not for the inteview. Not in the white house.

No wonder why Trump fired his ass. He's probably one of the leakers.

KoopaTheCasual

Trump wanted Priebus gone because he was the supposed leaker. None of this "firing back" nonsense.
I don't think people in this thread believe the "firing back" gossip is the catalyst. We're just remarking at how childish and Classic Donald it is.

It's straight up "look at this bitch eating crackers like she owns the place," level of looking for a reason to dislike someone more.

ICO_SotC

If he directly went to Hannity and praised Trump, it would look like a "hostage reading prepared remarks" situation. Doing the CNN interview first takes the edge off.

DeviantBoi

Who's considered the party man in the Trump inner circle?

I always thought that Reince was there to keep Trump in check for the Republican party.

With him gone, he's basically shut out the RNC.

Probably circling the wagons to try and fight the eventual impeachment.

AYF 001

If he directly went to Hannity and praised Trump, it would look like a "hostage reading prepared remarks" situation. Doing the CNN interview first takes the edge off.
But going on CNN means he's fake news, and that the opposite is true! Let's just hope the slow-motion train crash has a few more cars that have yet to enter the frame.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

I always thought that Reince was there to keep Trump in check for the Republican party.

I feel the same way. He's insulated himself as if he expects to go to war.

Mahonay

Banned

Yuuup.

carlsojo

One thing I can say about Priebus is that the guy was pretty fucking good at his job. Unbelievable that they forced him out.

Well Trump is incredibly loyal to his people, so that obviously inspires loyalty in return.

At this point I just wanna watching Reince die a little bit inside each time they ask for his opinion about Trump's new war on the GOP.

By the way has Trump even put out one of his "he was a great guy" tweets yet? I feel like only Flynn got one of those, don't remember if Spicer got one. Wait, Jesus was the Spicer thing this week? I'm also losing track of time.

Raven117

Serious question : even if Trump makes it to the next elections, how big is the chance that the GOP is so fed up with him that there will be a legitimate other republican candidate and there will actually be primaries again?

Man, in my younger days I would have taken a stronger stance on this. Now, with the laws of political gravity no longer applying, I have no freakin clue.

Boke1879

Reince would never publicly shit on Trump or the goings on in the WH.

But make no mistake. I'm sure he's glad he's out of that.

pulsemyne

He really is trying to speedrun impeachment isn't he? If he breaks from the republican party then they will fuck him harder than Ron Jeremy and with less warmth.

chekhonte

That's great. The carnival of incompetence may be damaging to the country, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

Also, shouldn't it be "3 Chiefs of Staff" rather than 3 Chief of Staffs?

Yep, it should like attorneys general.

also my favorite onion headline is "Attorneys General order 3 Whoppers Jr."

Trump going to war with the GOP only means he's going to get forced out a lot faster when the shit really hits the fan re: Russia.

Guy is really good at shooting himself in the foot.

jelly

Trump going to war with the GOP only means he's going to get forced out a lot faster when the shit really hits the fan re: Russia.

Guy is really good at shooting himself in the foot.

Maybe he is hoping to get impeached for anything but Russia and hopeful the Mueller investigation disappears or looses it's teeth. A long shot but I could see them brushing the shame under the carpet instead of airing their dirty laundry, Trump gets away with his shady business and life intact, US politics nothing to see here move along, land of the free and democracy.

Top Bottom