• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia 3 boxart?

Solid

Could this be the final? From Amazon.co.uk.

B0009RWI4A.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B0009RWI3Q.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
you gotta be fucking kidding me :lol :lol

ubi: what should we put on the pop3 box cover?
box art guy: i know, lets take this cover, but put him ON FIRE

B0002CHJ3W.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B0009RWI4A.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

BTMash

Putting all angst, rage, and fire aside, anyone else find the placement of the ubisoft logo a little disturbing? Is that why the game is rated 16+?

StRaNgE

Banned
Obvious you guys did not complete the second one. lol

he's not on fire he's turning into the sands and blowing away. just as he did in the second one after putting on the mask.

i actually just finished playing the second one and although it did not make me want to pick it up and play through it twice it was not half bad.

i do have to admit that fool can climb like a mofo.
:lol :lol :lol

StRaNgE said:
Obvious you guys did not complete the second one. lol

he's not on fire he's turning into the sands and blowing away. just as he did in the second one after putting on the mask.

i actually just finished playing the second one and although it did not make me want to pick it up and play through it twice it was not half bad.

i do have to admit that fool can climb like a mofo.
No, he's burning with rage.

And I'm burning with rage that Ubi killed the one franchise of theirs I enjoyed.

evilromero said:

And I'm burning with rage that Ubi killed the one franchise of theirs I enjoyed.

Agreed. I didn't even go near their booth at E3 this year. I didn't want to accidentially flip out and kill everybody associated with Prince of Persia.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'm still really bitter about what they did to WW. Fuck, SoT was already bastardization enough. But at least that was fun and charming.

StRaNgE

Banned
evilromero said:

naw he was a happy little prince at the end of WW. so it's all about the sand blowing away. :lol :D :lol

Trojan X

Banned
sly said:
OMG teh RAGE!!!! :lol :lol :lol

Didn't buy Warrior Within, definitely not buying this one.

Well, from what I saw at E3 this one looks like its gonna kick some serious ass. So I don't know about you but I'm going to buy it.

As for the cover-box... Well... I'll wait for I'm not taking that boxart likely.

Amir0x

Banned
I don't care much about the boxart, because Warrior Within was still a solid game with solid gameplay (although the focus was off, and obviously the atmosphere was... disappointing), but this IS taking "burning with generic rage" to an all too literal level.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yea the angst and shitty rock music were stupid in WW, but guess what it still plays just like PoP:SOT only with better level design and a combat system that doesn't want to make you pound you groin with a stone. Its still an awesome game, its amazing how much shit it gets here.

Mejilan

No, the combat system was just as horrendous, just not as overused. Not enough of a difference. Also, the backtracking was VERY poorly handled, imho. Overall, the level design was better, but the entire game was tired, by that point.

This coming from one who played through SoT twice.

StRaNgE

Banned
Rhindle said:
StRaNgE is on the right track in his interpretation, but not exactly correct. :)

Still a lousy boxart though.

Thanx,

and yeah those who see it as just fire really need to replay or play for the 1st time WW.

once that mask goes on and your almost out of health you start to fizzle away and the sand coming off ya looks almost just like that.

as well as some of the creatures you battle they become like that as well.

Amir0x

Banned
Mejilan said:
No, the combat system was just as horrendous, just not as overused. Not enough of a difference. Also, the backtracking was VERY poorly handled, imho. Overall, the level design was better, but the entire game was tired, by that point.

This coming from one who played through SoT twice.

Was it the most horrendous combat system EVER in a third person game?
Was it the most poorly handled backtracking EVER in a third person game?

Inquiring minds need to know ;)

Drakken

So insanely-not-right-are-you-serious? funny...

...if it's really the final boxart, as opposed to just some artwork made into boxart by Amazon.

Mejilan

Amir0x said:
Was it the most horrendous combat system EVER in a third person game?
Was it the most poorly handled backtracking EVER in a third person game?

Inquiring minds need to know ;)

Hmmm. Trying to think of some 3rd person games that I've played that had worse combat. ICO makes a valiant effort at topping that list... The Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver games that I've played so far are certainly dry and dismal, combat-wise... Those aren't terrible, per-se, just really boring and simple (I suppose they may have expanded nicely eventually, but they didn't keep my interest long enough.) Kingdom Hearts was pretty lame. Enter the Matrix was f-cking atrocious, what with enemy bullets clipping through walls to hit you and shit. That's obviously getting into shooter territory, though. Perhaps I should stick to 3rd person melee-type action games. Starfox Adventures DEFINITELY had horrible combat. Almost as bad as ICO, imho, and definitely worse than these new PoP games. The Hobbit's was simple and lame. I know there were some 3rd person Might & Magic spinoffs that were nastay... That enough? That's a list of 3rd person action games, that I've played, that have what I'd consider varying degrees of shitty combat. The PoP games hover around the middle of that list, WW admittedly higher because it relied less on "mass combat" sequences. Still, I have to knock it a few points since Ubi failed to improve the substance of the combat dramatically, and hyped it to hell as a good and fun combat system. Fools.

Not many 3rd person games, that I can recall, really are brave enough to attempt solid backtracking. The Metroid Primes obviously do, to great success, imho. WW? Yawn. Nope.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
KyotoMecca said:
I am pretty sure PoP3 is still going to have a subtitle... So therefore it couldn't be final boxart.

the subtitle is "Kindred Blades", as SKOPE pointed out

but IIRC, the first version of the PoP2 box art said "Prince of Persia 2" with the same artwork seen in this thread

Wario64 said:
the subtitle is "Kindred Blades", as SKOPE pointed out

but IIRC, the first version of the PoP2 box art said "Prince of Persia 2" with the same artwork seen in this thread

Kindered Blades, says who? The only site I have seen call it that to date is... Kikizo ;-)
Seriously
And we only started calling it that because Gamespress did, and even though nobody else seems to be doing so, GP's source has to be 100% official.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example

Holy crap. I swear that just before I entered this thread I thought to myself "watch the Prince's eyes be on fire or something"... then when I saw the box and realized that his entire body was on fire I literally almost fell out of my chair from laughter. This is almost too funny for words.

El_Victor

JC10001 said:

Holy crap. I swear that just before I entered this thread I thought to myself "watch the Prince's eyes be on fire or something"... then when I saw the box and realized that his entire body was on fire I literally almost fell out of my chair from laughter. This is almost too funny for words.
Well, actually it's sand.. generic sand.

Solid

hehe damn the gaf hate against the prince is awesome! haha i wish some developer from ubisoft would come here to chat about pop3 :D

Top Bottom