• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown has gone gold

Skyfox

Dunno. Gonna need a hands on first. Ubisoft should put out a demo.

It's not like they're sitting on a wealth of trust right now.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I'd be more interested if I was on console. Not a big fan of Ubisoft's launcher existing.

But for those that are, I hope it's good fun.

Kadve

Sorry but i have to disagree Ubisoft. This is NOT what the franchise needed. This feels on par with Assassins Creed chronicles at best and will most likely sale accordingly.

And the really sad part is that Ubisoft will most likely just look at the sales and conclude; "Oh guess none wanted Prince Of Persia after all"....

Little Mac

Looks great from what I’ve seen. Have this preordered on Amazon and I never preorder shit. I figure since the demo is out on the 11th, I’ll have time to cancel the order if it feels mediocre or janky.

mcjmetroid

I'm not sure how people can think it looks like shit. I think it has massive potential. I will bet my avatar it will at least end in the 80s in Metacritic from what I'm seeing.

I do however think it will sell like shit though.

I can always go for another Metroidvania, but I’ll probably wait on a sale. Will also want to see if the Switch version is 60fps so I can decide if I want that or the Xbox version.

I'd say it deserves a chance. But I'm pretty sure this is the death of the PoP-franchise
The last game was 14 years ago. Its been dead for a while. Ubisoft is giving people a chance to revive it though with this and the remake. I fully expect consumers to blow it again.

I believe this game is going to do surprisingly well. In the chance that the media got to play it everyone seemed to love it.

Pump those breaks bro. It's Ubisoft.
I bought Robocop before any reviews or user impressions and I'm doing the same here. Seems obvious just from the available footage it has more complex combat and platforming than any Metroidvania I've seen since Dread. Wouldnt really be that surprising. Its practically one of the only 2D platformers from a major publisher besides Nintendo in years.

This looks really good -- I'm in day one, always down to support major 2D Metroidvanias, and Prince of Persia has been dormant far too long.

I can always go for another Metroidvania, but I’ll probably wait on a sale. Will also want to see if the Switch version is 60fps so I can decide if I want that or the Xbox version.

There's already been hands on with the Switch version, Nintendo Life posted direct footage and it looks smooth AF.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I bought Robocop before any reviews or user impressions and I'm doing the same here. Seems obvious just from the available footage it has more complex combat and platforming than any Metroidvania I've seen since Dread. Wouldnt really be that surprising. Its practically one of the only 2D platformers from a major publisher besides Nintendo in years.

Im just not seeing it at all, especially for $50

Looks exactly like the type of Metroid clone I get hard for for the first hour then come down and realize Id be much better off playing Super Metroid or Symphony for 800th time

manzo

An Ubisoft game gone gold means that it barely passed the console makers’ certification.

Add an year and/or wait for the 5th patch for an enjoyable Ubisoft game.

This looks really good -- I'm in day one, always down to support major 2D Metroidvanias, and Prince of Persia has been dormant far too long.

There's already been hands on with the Switch version, Nintendo Life posted direct footage and it looks smooth AF.

Yeah, this particular preview made me pay more attention to this release.

It's also the Rayman studio (Ubi Montpellier) working on it so people should stop being so skeptical about it.

It will def be a good if not great platformer/metroidvania and perfect for the Switch OLED at that silky smooth 60 fps.

Last edited:
Yeah, this particular preview made me pay more attention to this release.

It's also the Rayman studio (Ubi Montpellier) working on it so people should stop being so skeptical about it.

It will def be a good if not great platformer/metroidvania and perfect for the Switch OLED at that silky smooth 60 fps.
And that video doesnt even show the time manipulation stuff. Time rewind platforming and combat dodges. Looks sick as hell to me.

Astray

Sorry but i have to disagree Ubisoft. This is NOT what the franchise needed. This feels on par with Assassins Creed chronicles at best and will most likely sale accordingly.

And the really sad part is that Ubisoft will most likely just look at the sales and conclude; "Oh guess none wanted Prince Of Persia after all"....
It's also clearly made for a vastly lesser budget than a typical AAA.

I'm actually buying this day 1, looks like a really good game.

It's also clearly made for a vastly lesser budget than a typical AAA.

I'm actually buying this day 1, looks like a really good game.

Yeah - the fact that this exists and they cancelled and rebooted the Sands of Time remake with a proven developer before that outsourced trainwreck released shows that they obviously care about this franchise having a successful re-launch.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looks interesting, but not a day 1 kind of interesting. Will check it out at a later time.

Astray

Yeah - the fact that this exists and they cancelled and rebooted the Sands of Time remake with a proven developer before that outsourced trainwreck released shows that they obviously care about this franchise having a successful re-launch.
Proven developer lmfao. It was Ubisoft India, and the project was going like shit.

Also the project got restarted not cancelled.

Proven developer lmfao. It was Ubisoft India, and the project was going like shit.

Also the project got restarted not cancelled.

Thats what I meant though - the India version was the “outsourced trainwreck” and they’ve rebooted it under Ubisoft Montreal, a proven developer, instead of just cutting their losses and shipping out trash. Shows someone high up cares about the franchise.

Astray

Thats what I meant though - the India version was the “outsourced trainwreck” and they’ve rebooted it under Ubisoft Montreal, a proven developer, instead of just cutting their losses and shipping out trash. Shows someone high up cares about the franchise.
It wasn't outsourced because they own that studio.

This is being made by an actually good stufio that made classics for the company and fans.

Top Bottom