• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Problems with PS5 Slim fans 72 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

“So you thought the era of the jet engine fans was over?”
Go Away Power GIF

Midn1ght

He got 3 different SLIM and had the same issue every time?

Shannyn Sossamon Cringe GIF

So it's just noisy?
Yeah, seems to be working fine but the fans are really loud, reminds me of the PS4 Pro.

it is loud but how many games has he tested it with?
also that shelf is way too small
I mean, it's Fortnite, shouldn't be that loud.
Space is fine and he tested it outside of the shelve didn't he?
What are you suppose to do with these things, store them in your fridge?

Anyway, maybe the guy was just extremely unlucky.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
He tested it outside of the shelving as well.
he said if he placed it in the open he will have the issue...........................
His wording is strange there and all he has to do is not worry about keyboard warriors and just let it get air then record a video showing if its loud

If this machine was loud like this we would have TONS of videos like this by now

DaGwaphics

Seems like it is quite a bit louder even here, but the tone isn't that bad pitch wise. It wouldn't surprise me if the guy in the OP doesn't have the back of the shelf vented.

Last edited:
The value of my quiet launch PS5 just increased!

I've always traded in my large fat consoles for the new smaller models. Will need to keep my eyes on this issue, as I love the quietness of my FAT.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

While i think the Slim is ugly and a mistake, I think this guy is just trying to grab attention.

none of his videos showed the PS5 noisy while its outside this TV table. for all we know he could have a small hair dryer or small vacuum cleaner that is under the PS5 and made it sound like its coming from the PS5.

if a PS5 this loud, you would have heard it in reports and everything. the fan is barely smaller than the original PS5 and even the housing is barely any smaller than the PS5 fat. just uglier.

acm2000

come on people, that shelf is more than big enough to have airflow for a console.

guy is either real unlucky or trolling

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I returned my regular one for a slim (so got spider man 2 and cod for free). Haven’t had a day off to play around with it yet and only did A few strikes in destiny but haven’t noticed anything. I’ll get back to spider man on my day off give it a go.

simpatico

Geez everyone knows that any piece of hifi gear must be kept on a podium next to an open window with at least 3 cubic meters of open space around it. Rookie mistake. I've got a rather large stereo set up and a few consoles, so I had to find a house with a 50x75 living room. Super doable though.

Ansphn

He has a white noise maker right behind the PS5 Slim. This guy is full of shit. Why would it run that loud when youre not playing anything at all? Even the PS4 jet engine didnt run that loud at all times.

Last edited:

Neilg

He is doing it on purpose for views
Yeah, I just noticed where he positioned it and was about to post the same, nobody can do this by accident without realizing exactly how to solve it.

If you put your hand around the back of the ps5, you can tell where the heat comes out, and hes got the ps5 pushed all the way into the back corner of his enclosed cabinet. If he moved it so it's mostly on the right and pulled it all the way forward to the very edge of the shelf, it likely wouldn't have this issue, even though that cabinet is still far too small for it.

8iQMczV.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom