• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Problems with PS5 Slim fans 72 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
No noises from my fat bitch. I also never had the issue with my PS4 Pro either. I rarely have problems with hardware.

demigod

He tested it outside of the shelving as well.

he said if he placed it in the open he will have the issue...........................

Bullshit, if he did why couldn’t he make a video of it but instead made a 2nd video IN THE SAME SHITTY SPOT? There is no airflow in the back, heat gets transferred back to the console. Real genius there.

His wording is strange there and all he has to do is not worry about keyboard warriors and just let it get air then record a video showing if its loud

If this machine was loud like this we would have TONS of videos like this by now

Yup, this is FUD.

Mithos

Yeah, I just noticed where he positioned it and was about to post the same, nobody can do this by accident without realizing exactly how to solve it.

If you put your hand around the back of the ps5, you can tell where the heat comes out, and hes got the ps5 pushed all the way into the back corner of his enclosed cabinet. If he moved it so it's mostly on the right and pulled it all the way forward to the very edge of the shelf, it likely wouldn't have this issue, even though that cabinet is still far too small for it.

8iQMczV.png
So you cant place the PS5 Slim vertically because that side where you drew a rectangle would have a stand attached to it....
The side with your rectangle could be all the wall into the wall without issues.

Kupfer

His shelf is completley enclosed at the back and there is nowhere near enough airflow.

FHKIn5K.png

Yeah, I just noticed where he positioned it and was about to post the same, nobody can do this by accident without realizing exactly how to solve it.

If you put your hand around the back of the ps5, you can tell where the heat comes out, and hes got the ps5 pushed all the way into the back corner of his enclosed cabinet. If he moved it so it's mostly on the right and pulled it all the way forward to the very edge of the shelf, it likely wouldn't have this issue, even though that cabinet is still far too small for it.

8iQMczV.png

B- b- but that would mean he's lying to us that he tried outside the cabinet with the same loud results?
How rude ...

Last edited:

StueyDuck

So hardware always has a percentage defect rate, manufacturers always account for this.

Shipping can cause damages

Maybe the shop he bought from has a whole batch of faulty or damaged ps5 slims.

Also being some guy with a youtube video instead of just talking to support or trying to get a refund there is a strong chance this is fake or self sabotage to get attention, does everyone remember the "smoking series X"

King Dazzar

If he wanted to come across as more genuine. Then he should place it on an open aired space on top of his cabinet and then video it, instead of only saying he tried that and it was the same. Both my PS5 OG and XSX kick out a huge amount of heat. Which proves how superb the cooling solutions are. But they need vented space at the back to ensure that they never suck back in any of the expelled hot air. But lets face it, I'm stating the pretty bloody obvious here.

I still think its weird that the top is gloss and the bottom matt. Not sure why anyone would swap out their healthy OG for a slim tbh.

Last edited:

The Stig

If he wanted to come across as more genuine. Then he should place it on an open aired space on top of his cabinet and then video it, instead of only saying he tried that and it was the same. Both my PS5 OG and XSX kick out a huge amount of heat. Which proves how superb the cooling solutions are. But they need vented space at the back to ensure that they never suck back in any of the expelled hot air. But lets face it, I'm stating the pretty bloody obvious here.

I still think its weird that the top is gloss and the bottom matt. Not sure why anyone would swap out their healthy OG for a slim tbh.
its true the space needs an open back. this was especially true in the 360/PS3 days. They would turn the compartment into an oven

everyone always complaining about noisy consoles and Ive never had one.

i must be lucky
I think i can play this game even better: Never had a single console breaking on me, not even a single controller.

My PS1, PS2 and PS3 controllers still work.

Last edited:

Neilg

So you cant place the PS5 Slim vertically because that side where you drew a rectangle would have a stand attached to it....
The side with your rectangle could be all the wall into the wall without issues.
Do you have a ps5? the heat doesn't come out of the underside - it comes out of the back, next to the underside. I said this in the post.

he's still blocking it by wedging it into the back corner like that, you need a lot of open space around the bottom of it if you have it horizontal. You absolutely cannot push the side of the ps5 where I drew the rectangle into the wall within an enclosed cabinet like that with no issues.
That's the worst position you could have it in a cabinet like that. by pushing it into the corner, you force the hot air to pass over the top of the console, towards the upper area to escape the cabinet - which means its path is over the intake vents, so the ps5 is now sucking in hot air to cool itself. leave it like that for a while and the fan speed has to massively increase to compensate, turning it into a jet engine.

Last edited:
everyone always complaining about noisy consoles and Ive never had one.

i must be lucky
My launch PS4 became so loud by the 3rd year I had it that had to get rid of it. It legit sounded like a hair dryer. I took it apart, put new paste on it and cleaned it all out and it was ok.. 2 days later, it was back to pre cleaning sound levels.
The slim has held up much better, and I still have it hooked up in my bedroom.
That was the only issue I ever had. My launch PS5 has been great.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

I had to put my launch PS5 in a very similarly enclosed space and no matter what game I play, even for hours, it doesn't make the slightest sound.

Fredrik

No noises from my fat bitch. I also never had the issue with my PS4 Pro either. I rarely have problems with hardware.
Vacuum cleaner loud launch 360. 3 bad fan 360s and RROD. Launch phat PS3 wasn’t screwed together, warranty stickers were there but no screws. Launch PS4 was a jet engine, eventually started crashing frequently. Wii had GPU pixel fault. 2 pair of drifting Switch controllers. Switch console had a screaming fan eventually. Coil whine PS5. Coil whine 3070Ti. Earthing buzz noise on PC. Oh and a PS1 that could only read discs when placed up side down.

That’s me. 😕

I literally avoided PS4 Pro only because there was said to be a fan lottery issue. No point for me to expect a functional one then.

It’s a wonder my 4090 hasn’t burned up. I bet it’ll do it tonight because I said that.

Oh I lost 30 years of photos too on a NAS that died. Still think I have some photos on ORB discs but can an ORB drive work in 2023?

Anyhow. Hardware constantly fail on me. Except my old trust Commodore computers, they still work 40 years later. 🏆

Beechos

I knew it was a good idea to keep my og ps5 with the big giant heatsink with the liquid metal. This is probably isolated though. Plenty review units and people have em with no complaints.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

No one that reviewed it mentioned this. But a single person had this on 3 units.

Sure

Reminded me of the guy here who had 6 I think different PS5s from different places and they all had coil whine.

Yea he's trolling. The spiderman action figure hanging on the wall was a nice touch.

Or he's really unlucky.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Vacuum cleaner loud launch 360. 3 bad fan 360s and RROD. Launch phat PS3 wasn’t screwed together, warranty stickers were there but no screws. Launch PS4 was a jet engine, eventually started crashing frequently. Wii had GPU pixel fault. 2 pair of drifting Switch controllers. Switch console had a screaming fan eventually. Coil whine PS5. Coil whine 3070Ti. Earthing buzz noise on PC. Oh and a PS1 that could only read discs when placed up side down.

That’s me. 😕

I literally avoided PS4 Pro only because there was said to be a fan lottery issue. No point for me to expect a functional one then.

It’s a wonder my 4090 hasn’t burned up. I bet it’ll do it tonight because I said that.

Oh I lost 30 years of photos too on a NAS that died. Still think I have some photos on ORB discs but can an ORB drive work in 2023?

Anyhow. Hardware constantly fail on me. Except my old trust Commodore computers, they still work 40 years later. 🏆
I’m sorry to hear that brother.

Thinking back, I did have to flip my launch PlayStation 1 upside down in order for the disc to spin. This happened later in its life.

MarkMe2525

Like others have mentioned, I would expect to hear about the fan noise from multiple sources if it was indeed a console issue.

Neff

My brand new PS4 ROARED, fresh out of the box, because I did exactly what this guy did- I put it in a media unit alcove with no airflow at the sides or back. I then gave it room to breathe and it became instantly quiet. And PS5 generates more heat than the PS4 does so housing it like this is a really bad idea.

Don't box your PlayStations in, they don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom