• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Loona

Can't wait for this to get here - I'm going to buy a 3DS when it does, and when I'm done with this game, there'll still be Smash to wait for. Truly the crossover handheld, something worthy of joy and celebration.

BTW, Reiji and Xiaomu aren't an item in the dating sense, based on the translated NxC cutscene videos I saw - she basically helped raise him, especially after his father's death, but nowadays the roles are pretty much reversed, and Xiaomu has no maturity, just age.
O thik in this game there are mentions of her playing .hack's The World MMO, which is how I think that game's cast gets introduced.

And technically X was in the crossover before, SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters Clash - not a lot of character interaction, but there's some nice numbers and special skills to compare character abilities with.

Videoneon

Excuse me, but is the foul creature on the far right supposed to me MY Chris Redfield?

pxz1.jpg

anime Chris Redfield looks lulz here. Is this the first time Chris Redfield has been rendered anime-ish in any game?

Question: Why is Sonic not in this? If he used his moveset from Sonic Battle, he'd fit in perfectly.

Sadly, the answer is: because reasons. Ostensibly it might be because of a "no-animals policy" (bogus nonetheless) but this has never been implicitly or explicitly addressed by the people working on the game.

I'm so mixed on whether I want this or not. One one hand, it has Frank West. On the other hand, I don't know anything else about the game.
Downloading the demo now, though. Are the cutscenes voice acted?

I don't recall hearing about any cutscenes, but if there are I figure there are very few. Quite a lot of the dialogue is voice acted.

cj_iwakura

Can't wait for this to get here - I'm going to buy a 3DS when it does, and when I'm done with this game, there'll still be Smash to wait for. Truly the crossover handheld, something worthy of joy and celebration.

BTW, Reiji and Xiaomu aren't an item in the dating sense, based on the translated NxC cutscene videos I saw - she basically helped raise him, especially after his father's death, but nowadays the roles are pretty much reversed, and Xiaomu has no maturity, just age.

Believe me, if you play Endless Frontier, you'll see they're an item now.

sdc11366.jpg

(From the end of NxC.)

Wave 1!

c0BXqn0.jpg
kXeb3K8.jpg
ihNoUWT.jpg

u59t5tt.jpg
uJfMB3K.jpg
ReSbfte.jpg

TEJtHL1.jpg
kWdonCq.jpg
3GyGeWF.jpg

eGKszbb.jpg
lvpmOil.png
kaguya.png

xiaomu.png
haken.png

Young Magus

Nice work on the OT cj.

I'm on the fence regarding this game, the demo was fun/interesting but the criticized late-game makes me hesitant. I've still might get this day 1 for the characters in it (gotta hand it to them for the cast, vesperia represent!! wooo!).

BTW EShop or digital? I've been on a role with digital lately, is the OST and artbook included decent?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Fantastic OT, love the character intros since I don't know most of them.

Already got my copy preordered.

Loona

Believe me, if you play Endless Frontier, you'll see they're an item now.

sdc11366.jpg

(From the end of NxC.)

That what I get for relying on those videos - so far nobody completed a playthrough on Youtube, but game is just that huge and packed with dialogue (and I guess some endgame fatigue must have set in).
Still, the whole thing is either oddly written or the awkwardness of it must permeate the Endless Frontier games (when all the boob focus in those doesn't steal the show).
And puts an odd light on that attack of Xiaomu's where she keeps changing outfits and ends up in a wedding dress...

Let's see how this turns out, and how the new originals fare - they invariably dominate the plot, so I hope they at least make it interesting.

I preordered this bad boy earlier in the month. Still got to put in some more Amazon credit before it is paid in full. I had fun with the demo so hopefully I don't get too sick of the retail game despite the warnings I read on this forum.

cj_iwakura

That what I get for relying on those videos - so far nobody completed a playthrough on Youtube, but game is just that huge and packed with dialogue (and I guess some endgame fatigue must have set in).
Still, the whole thing is either oddly written or the awkwardness of it must permeate the Endless Frontier games (when all the boob focus in those doesn't steal the show).
And puts an odd light on that attack of Xiaomu's where she keeps changing outfits and ends up in a wedding dress...

Reiji teases her a lot in Endless Frontier,
like threatening to spank her later. Yeah.

FYC

Banned
WOW I literally just found out this is being localized. I'm so happy.

I don't even have a 3DS and I'm buying this. Maybe I'll borrow my brothers or something, I don't know. Looks amazing, I love crossovers / fanservice and most importantly DANTEEEEEE!!!

Hold me GAF. It's too beautiful. The sprites are gorgeous. The music is awesome. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH FIRST DAY ONE GAME IN FOREVER

Good OT

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

I don't even have a 3DS and I'm buying this. Maybe I'll borrow my brothers or something, I don't know. Looks amazing, I love crossovers / fanservice and most importantly DANTEEEEEE!!!

Hold me GAF. It's too beautiful. The sprites are gorgeous. The music is awesome. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH FIRST DAY ONE GAME IN FOREVER

Good OT

Buy a 3DS asap. A must own for any gamer.

BlackJace

Haven't played the demo but I preordered this anyway. Hope it doesn't suck.

I have to be honest, this is a type of game that one should know what they are getting into beforehand. It's the prime example of a "love it or hate it" thing.
Thats why there's so many polarizing opinions on this board and across the internet about the game.

There's really no middleman. I encourage you to check out the demo first.

Bladenic

Already pre-ordered. The fact that they're giving you ridiculous amounts of stuff for just buying the game is awesome.

Those avatars are cool, I call Yuri when/if he gets made :p. Yuri/Estelle and Chris/Jill are the characters I most look forward to using, but everyone looks badass. I loved the Sakura Wars characters in the demo.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Pretty excited for this.

I have a fun fact for one that you're missing. Haken Browning is voiced by Link =P

Teknoman

So ready for this game, and so glad something like this is hitting North America. Kinda sucks since i'm still in the middle of the last two 3DS RPGs...and SMT IV is on the way. Sure I could just wait and play them, but all 4 have fun battle systems and interesting worlds (EO4,FE:A, SMTIV, and PXZ).

Danj

Here were some import impressions; too lazy to find the non-mobile link.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=46732501

I might pick it up again just to support the localization but I don't really want to play through it a second time.

Well shit, that sounds a bit disappointing. Still not going to cancel though.

EDIT: Also I played the demo and had fun with that, and I hear this game is much less of a slog than NxC was - I never finished that just because of the sheer amount of time it ended up taking to clear a map.

I don't think Namco Bandai's bothered to make any sort of proper announcement, but all Euro/Aus copies of the game come with a bonus poster folded up in the game case~

7RTPbKa.jpg

Teknoman

Isnt this going to be a limited release? I dont think its like Ninokuni where you could wait for a price drop. Then again, i'm not really sure.

Isnt this going to be a limited release? I dont think its like Ninokuni where you could wait for a price drop. Then again, i'm not really sure.
The Japan version bombed , you can get the limited edition for really cheap if I am not wrong.

I do not like srpg with little emphasis on the s part, still will like to play the game for the cross over.

still hoping that it will sell well so that more games can be localized, but there is no way i am buying this game without some discounts lol.

Seik

Banned
I'm on the pre-order hype train now! :D

32OZHEY.png

CJ, you have any Zero PxZ avatar under your sleeve? I'd take one!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Unless I'm remembering wrong, weren't you the one who has never played a SF, Tekken, Tales... pretty much every series that sees an appearance in this game?
Ahaha~
Yes, that is me.

I have the four Devil May Cry games sitting right next to me, but I can't, just can't...

I was interested in this long before the localization was announced and quite enjoyed the demo. Preordered and can't wait to get my copy in my hands.

Spierek

I kinda liked the demo, and the game is relatively cheap too. With only 22 GBP on Amazon UK, I might even buy it when it gets released.

I don't think Namco Bandai's bothered to make any sort of proper announcement, but all Euro/Aus copies of the game come with a bonus poster folded up in the game case~

7RTPbKa.jpg

That looks sweet.

cluderi

Woot!

My order should be shipping soon, ordered the game before the special edition stuff got announced and I got upgraded. Another great 3DS game to try to play.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I kinda feel bad for everyone that never played VC3. It's soooooooo gooood :x

At least there's a translation patch coming.

Danj

7RTPbKa.jpg

I can see the PEGI and German ratings logo on there, so I'll believe that this is legit, but I'm just curious what your source is on that info if Namco Bandai haven't announced it?

Bladenic

I will get it when it get cheaper.

I am sure it will get cheaper very soon.

Idk, I doubt this will be the same case as the Japanese version. I could see it being rare before I see it dropping in price.

Either way I'm still buying day 1. Here's hoping I don't end up regretting it, but I played the demo tons of times.

Good OT

His musics, his and Demitri combos looks really exciting.

Top Bottom