• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games for December 2021 Confirmed

No, I'm comparing features that Microsoft provides and features Sony provides. Deflect what I'm saying all ypu want but the comparison is still applicable. They provide nothing of equivalent value or quality to what Microsoft provides on a monthly basis and everytime ps+ games are announced it drives that point home more and more. Psnow is a joke, after that they have what...ps+? When they keep providing half assed games like this, or maybe we will get some $10.99 indie game day one, it's very hard to not compare the service offerings from both companies.

Haha, says who? Stifling discussion seems like the trait of another website that people prattle on and on about here doesn't it? So here's the thread, what's the purpose of it then? Only discussion about how rad it is that Sony is handing out Godfall is allowed?
Dude come on...
You know it's not a comparison because it can't be. It would make way more sense to compare playstation now (if anything) to gamepass.
If you like gamepass so much, you know what... buy it. And you don't need an xbox, it's on pc too.

tmlDan

What is Godfall's Challenger Edition? PlayStation's blog seems to describe it as a kind of trial version featuring three endgame modes - Lightbringer, Dreamstones, and the Ascended Tower of Trials - for which you'll be "immediately equipped with a spread of deadly weapons and skill points, letting you team up with up to two other players in co-op". You'll play with a mix of people who have this Challenger Edition as well as the full game. You can also choose to upgrade to the full game if you really like what you see.

From Eurogamer.
that's really upsetting...ill give it a try anyway

Topher

Gold Member
What is Godfall's Challenger Edition? PlayStation's blog seems to describe it as a kind of trial version featuring three endgame modes - Lightbringer, Dreamstones, and the Ascended Tower of Trials - for which you'll be "immediately equipped with a spread of deadly weapons and skill points, letting you team up with up to two other players in co-op". You'll play with a mix of people who have this Challenger Edition as well as the full game. You can also choose to upgrade to the full game if you really like what you see.

From Eurogamer.

Confirmed.

"Following the acclaimed Fire & Darkness expansion and free Lightbringer update in August, we’re happy to announce Godfall: Challenger Edition, which allows new players to experience the game’s trio of endgame modes, minus the story content of the base game and Fire & Darkness expansions, and grants existing players new exciting features and rewards to enjoy.. As you already may have heard , Godfall: Challenger Edition will be available on PlayStation Plus from December 7 through January 3.*"

Oh......Sony

Frustrated Skip Bayless GIF

Last edited:

N30RYU

From Eurogamer.
Lame

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Confirmed.

"Following the acclaimed Fire & Darkness expansion and free Lightbringer update in August, we’re happy to announce Godfall: Challenger Edition, which allows new players to experience the game’s trio of endgame modes, minus the story content of the base game and Fire & Darkness expansions, and grants existing players new exciting features and rewards to enjoy.. As you already may have heard , Godfall: Challenger Edition will be available on PlayStation Plus from December 7 through January 3.*"

Oh......Sony

fetchimage

truth411

Still trying to figure out what's the difference between God Fall challenge edition and the standard game?

Edit: Nevermind.

Last edited:

truth411

It's completely objective that this is a good month, the thought that this is a good month is a joke to me but if this is ok with you then have at it.

I'm comparing it to gamepass because this is the best Sony does, and gamepass is the best Microsoft does. And Microsoft is killing it. You could play semantics all day but when it comes to offering "free" games on a monthly basis Xbox is where it's at. How much longer can Sony sit on their ass while Microsoft continuously trots out awesome features like gamepass, backwards compatibility updates, cross play with pc/cloud etc. It's been a slow burn but they're a force now with these features they've spent years cultivating and Sony has some serious catching up to do.

Disclaimer - I don't own an xbox
Joke Post?
PS Plus is equivalent to Xbox Games with Gold. (Which is virtually dead now)

PS Now is effectively equivalent to Xbox Gamepass.
Though Sony don't need to put there games day and date. A. They make more AAA games on a consistent basis than Microsoft and B. their AAA games actually sale really good. After they made their money then they will put it on PS Now.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Confirmed.

Oh......Sony

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

If there's any game that didn't need some new edition to try and get money out of you it's Godfall.

The full game isn't anywhere good enough to try and entice people to buy with a taste.

Do better Sony.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
A somewhat decent month becomes a shitty one with the revelation that Godfall is just an endgame demo. Oof

Mortal Shell isn't even the Enhanced PS5 edition.

What a shit show

Merry Christmas

Last edited:

From Eurogamer.
Fuck me thats being tight fisted. I was slowly coming around to the idea of playing Godfall, but a lousy demo isn't even worth me firing up the PS5.

I have no back log and the only two games this side of Christmas that interested me are, a bug ridden broken mess (GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition and BF2042).

So I was hoping for something good this month from Playstation Plus Monthly games.

beifr1J.gif

09UatON.gif

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
mfw Amazon Prime has a better lineup of free games this month than PlayStation

Dumb And Dumber Lol GIF

This has to be the worst thing they've done under the PS plus program. Not talking about the PS4 games. But your key game being a game that doesn't even actually include the "base game" is so insulting. I'd rather have gotten the upgraded version of Mortal Shell as the PS5 game than this BS.

Yamisan

Note that Godfall with PS Plus doesn't include the campaign. You start at max level and have access to three end-game modes and that's it. Campaign requires paying for an upgrade.

A.Romero

Having a demo as part of the Plus line up is a new low. Fuck that.

Even considering that GP is much more expensive (about 4x in my particular case) the value is much much higher. That's leaving prime and free EGS games.

Hugely disappointing.

Superwave

Banned
Kind of mind boggling Sony would push this as the december update (thoroughly average games and a glorified demo) for all the new PS5 and even PS4 owners christimas brings. Hardly an incentive to subscribe. Hardly a reward for loyal patrons either.

jshackles

Kind of mind boggling Sony would push this as the december update (thoroughly average games and a glorified demo) for all the new PS5 and even PS4 owners christimas brings. Hardly an incentive to subscribe. Hardly a reward for loyal patrons either.
I guess they figure that the PS+ collection for PS5 owners (I think that's still a thing, right?) will keep them busy for so long they won't care about the monthly games.

xrnzaaas

I don't know how it's in other countries, but here in Europe there were big PS+ discounts in the days leading to Black Friday. So in a way they can now show the middle finger to all those who started or extended their subs.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
OK month. I was hoping sony would give something like demon souls for PS5. It was a launch game and its been over a year so it's a good time. Sony are so boring with ps plus now compared to how they were when they launched it on PS3.

It think it will be at least 2yrs from release any sony AAA comes to PS+.

but I hope to be proven wrong.

PS+ is still required for online play correct? Thats the real reason PS+ exists correct?
I however only have a Playstation for the single player first party games.
I don't know why I sub to PS+. FOMO from the included games I guess.
I have a giant list of games I will lose but I think I'm pulling the plug this July 2022 when my sub is up.
FOMO can FO.

Mortal Shell? I just played some of that on Gamepass. I have no idea if it was a Series X version or not. If it was then were not missing anything special.
I expect it to be a free game on Epic Game Store soon.
Mortal shell gameplay Doge, Stab, Harden in various orders. Just like with PS+ Doge a game this month, take a Stab at one next month, Harden your resolve to cancel PS+ another month. Ends up on Epic game store anyway.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Sony didn't publish Godfall, Gearbox did.

We have no idea how these deals come about; maybe Sony wasn't willing to pay what GB wanted for Godfall to be on PS+ so GB offered up this edition. Maye GB already had this edition planned and just offered it up to Sony for cheap.

The optics are bad but this isn't Sony's game.

PS plus allows me to play online games, at a hefty price. I dont care for the majority of free games, I find it obnoxious, wish i could just pay for online at a cheaper price, I did take advantage of the black friday deal tho...

Can't wait for next month when they release Anthem: Challenge Edition day one on PS plus so we all get to experience an end game demo of another failed "games as a service" game as part of PS plus.

MaKTaiL

Godfall not being the full version is pretty disappointing. Hopefully we will be able to glitch and grab the PS5 version of Mortal Shell for free like we could with The Persistence game.

Top Bottom