• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is game sharing a thing on ps5 too?

jorgejjvr

My brother is about to buy a ps5 and i want to confirm. On ps4 i made his the primary console with my account, and hence he could play my games on his ps4 and his account, while I also had access to them on my ps4

Is this still possible on ps5? Will he have access to my digital ps5 games with the same method? How about psn extra?

Thanks!

Last edited:

NickFire

Regular ps+ allows sharing like games. Cant speak for extra. You can also share his games if he sets your console as his primary. You also can still share the ps4 games.

All of this is why I only buy discs when need to use store gift cards now. Sharing with kids helps keep costs down on new games.

Lokaum D+

Regular ps+ allows sharing like games. Cant speak for extra. You can also share his games if he sets your console as his primary. You also can still share the ps4 games.

All of this is why I only buy discs when need to use store gift cards now. Sharing with kids helps keep costs down on new games.
it works too

XXL

Yes. I have multiple PS5s through out my house.

In your case, your brothers console needs to be your primary account, but he plays on his account.

Any other PS5 (your house for example) you can log in (not being the primary) and access your content.

Hope that helps.

Kdad

Yes. I have multiple PS5s through out my house.

In your case, your brothers console needs to be your primary account, but he plays on his account.

Any other PS5 (your house for example) you can log in (not being the primary) and access your content.

Hope that helps.
But no one else can access the games under thier account on the OPs PS5 right?

XXL

But no one else can access the games under thier account on the OPs PS5 right?
Correct. The primary account PS5 profiles all access the content. But the secondary PS5 (OPs PS5) can access the content he has purchased/downloaded.

Kdad

Correct. The primary account PS5 profiles all access the content. But the secondary PS5 (OPs PS5) can access the content he has purchased/downloaded.

My son had a PS4, he lives with his partner. I had access to all his content on my PS4. All 3 of us can play.
Now
My son has a PS4, he lives with his partner. If he shares his PS5 account with me on my PS5, his partner looses access.

This is what is happening for us...am I doing it wrong or did it infact change from PS4 to PS5?

Top Bottom