• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS1 style horror game Christmas Massacre is only coming to PlayStation because according to the dev, both Xbox and Nintendo won't allow it

Anyone shitting on puppet combo games don’t know what they’re talking about. They’re one of the few devs that totally get VHS 80s horror and PS1 survival horror aesthetics. The soundtracks alone make the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

This is not your enemy, GAF.

They made one of my favourite games of the last years:

This. Puppet Combo is great. Them and Chillas Art are my go to indie horrors.

nial

Gold Member
Yeah they even allowed Postal Redux on Switch, Xbox blocked it.

I always wonder why these fake "we care about censorship" websites like Niche Gamer exist when they never bring this up with Xbox. And I'm sure they won't mention this game and investigate the policies of why some violent games won't come to certain systems. Unless it's Sony, of course.
Or Nintendo of Japan literally self-censoring its games under the ""suggestions"" of people from Nintendo of America.

Deerock71

Could is different to being the whole point. That'd also arguably be playing GTA (or Hitman) "wrong" as it provides no benefit to the player, only negatives with the higher attention, inability to progress, etc., either way, it's a whole different argument because you don't want to admit being wrong.
It's getting more free publicity by us talking about it on GAF than it will ever get by Steam reviews. I believe this is pablum, and you're being played like a fiddle. Like it's been said, Postal is sitting on the eShop right now.

[X] Doubt

BootsLoader

Banned
It also helps keep censors at bay. Something tells me if this looked modern then there would be mass hysteria and boycotts from the authoritarians .
Of course, this looks scary and fun at the same time. It has some charm. If it had modern graphics, it would be a different story.

MrA

Banned
one of the trailer sections has the player massacring a school, I'm going to wager that was the breaking point for MS and Nintendo as they've allowed Puppet Combo's other games.
tasteless but they're not forcing anyone to buy it
for quality reasons, ha not a chance.

Alebrije

Must recognice the game is creepy, the PS1 style adds inmmersion..remember playing horror games on PS1 an those lifeless poligonal faces of NPCs gave a extrange sense of horror.

The rest is a cheap game that uses the bad Santa /Christmast theme to make you a serial murder....not my taste.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I feel like people ripping on this haven’t played any Puppet Combo games. They’re usually pretty fun.

Last edited:

Skifi28

I mean Stellar Blade has both so…
Sure, covered with clothes. Otherwise:

in6vUEe.png

Must...protect....from partial nudity

• Love
Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom