• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Digital Edition could be equipped with 2TB SSD on board, according to a well known retailer

Consumer

99% of my games are digital, but why would I want less features? if it's merely cheaper, it really only helps gamers in 3rd world countries...

I'd maybe bite if PS Store games were 20% cheaper across the board or something, but i somehow doubt that'll happen

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I wish they did do a larger version...

Side note, have they made any recommendations for external drives for PS4 games to be installed on? I'm think about grabbing one to get ready.

I assume the external ports should massively lower load times still right?

Rayderism

For a thousand bucks, it needs to support ALL Playstation consoles (physically and digitally) to be worth that much.

For a thousand bucks, it needs to support ALL Playstation consoles (physically and digitally) to be worth that much.
The price is a placeholder. Everything PS5 related was up for 1000€. Headsets, gamepads etc.

This only means that Otto.de is creating the pages for the console and peripherals.

Cato

Banned
Makes sense.
They create a diskless system by dropping the optical disk, in order to reduce the cost, to make it as cheap as possible.
Then they decide to put an expensive 2TB SSD in it.
Makes sense /s

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Fake speculation most likely.

As others have stated why wouldn't the physical version also not be 2tb then? Physical games still need to be installed.

Gamerguy84

I hope its the normal drive. I want to deal with the solution myself, to keep initial cost down.

For a while thar size will be OK for me. Then I will probably add an external drive and swap games.

When the internal drives drop in price I will add one, and than add games to that.

Also I have a 400Mbps line so downloading anything is fast enough. Having the 1TB (725) drive is not a problem at all. I hope its what we get.

Sony

Nintendo
I love that the price is something that makes the posters here believe it's not true. If anything, the price is too low for 2TB.

Kagey K

Banned
I love how threads like this come to be.

Like let’s for a second use some common sense.

Stop rushing to be the first one to post the thread and stop and think about it for a second.

Id like to assume most of us here are smarter than this.

Top Bottom