• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Event Set to Take Place Soon According to Tom Henderson and AccountNGT

ManaByte

Gold Member
With the rumors that PSVR2 is already in production, it would make sense that they show it, some games, and announce a release date sooner rather than later. It doesn't matter when they release it, as far as sales. They will sell every unit they can make.

One would think the last State of Play would've been a lesson in not overhyping one's self for these things.

ParaSeoul

JsS6k_90_400x400.jpg

yurinka

Guys, I have secret insider info for you: Sony will continue making State of Plays, and Nintendo will continue making Nintendo Directs and Nintendo Indie Worlds.

And guess what: Nintendo is working on Mario, Pokemon and Mario Kart!

PSVR2 releasing at the same time as GT7 which will include VR mode
Yes, it's something I guessed: the whole GT7 being PSVR2 compatible, same visuals as in the tv an being a PSVR2 launch game. But I think GT7 will release before PSVR2 because GT7 releases March 7th and PSVR2 according to that analyst would be shipped this Spring.

I highly doubt that they would give PSVR2 a launch marketing campaign shorter than 2 months. They still have to announce the release date, price, show the headset, the launch games etc. So I don't see it for March, or even for Spring.

Time to announce some new games.

Horizon and GT7 will be released in february/march.
It isn't time to announce some new games: it's time to remind and showcase the big games that are coming the next couple of months or so: Elder Ring, Horizon, Sifu, Stray or GT7...

Once they have them properly marketed and released, it would be time to show the PSVR2 headset, price, release date and some gameplay of that Horizon VR game and maybe a couple of VR compatible games more.

I think this should be their main focus, but I think they always will have some small announced as secondary stuff. I think they should save the big announcements for E3 or a slow period of releases to keep the hype alive.

Last edited:

Markio128

I’d expect one in the first couple of weeks of Feb. Sony have a lot to talk about this year, but I get the feeling that PSVR2 will get its own SOP and that the upcoming SOP will be to hype up HFW and/or GT7.

Kokoloko85

Pretty much, since the release is coming closer and they will want to show some extended new gameplay. I can't think of anything else if it is just a State of Play.

Its coming out next month. Im pretty sure we’ve had 1-2 gameplay shows already. You‘re probably right though
Give us something new

Nautilus

Banned
Eh, couldnt care less if it turns out to be a Sony Direct.

These directs have been so dissapointing. They are either straight up bad, or just completely forgetable. If it indeed turns up to be a Sony Direct, Ill just watch the trailers I want later.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Its coming out next month. Im pretty sure we’ve had 1-2 gameplay shows already. You‘re probably right though
Give us something new
Sure but the game is so big that you can easily show of a bit more footage. I don't think we have a Deathloop situiation here. Overall i wouldn't expect the unexpected in terms of announcements.

Last edited:

Elios83

This is going to be a huge year for them and it makes sense to have a early-year event even if it's just to promote all the games coming out in spring plus a few surprises (the Chrono Cross announcement that should have been made in December?).
With that being said this is just a rumor from sources who could be totally wrong so hopefully people won't assume that a February even is confirmed like the supposed July event last year :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

It doesn’t feel like another Horizon state of play is necessary, especially with all the coverage lately on Game Informer.

Unless they have something exciting to reveal right before launch, such as flying mounts after all or something along those lines.

SilentUser

Another day, another Sony event rumour. We got this type of rumours all the time, it is very tiring. Though Tom is a reliable source, right?

Would love to see a big blowout of PSVR2, but a State of Play in february would probably be focused on HFW and GT7, so not excited at all.

Mr Moose

This doesnt sound like he heard a rumor but more him speculating.
How can this even considered a rumor? It looks like it's just him speculating based on the past.
It's really no different what any of us do here on Gaf.

I swear, the standards for what constitutes a legitimate rumor need to be raised drastically.
The current rumor is that the next Sony event looks like it could be in February based on this month's media events and past PlayStation dates.

Last edited:

Concern

Henderson should stick to Battlefield rumors and who tf is the new "insider"?

A Feb event has been rumored for months now anyway, so not like they're giving new info.

Top Bottom