• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP SRPGASM: Generation of Chaos coming stateside

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Normally, I'm not an RPG fan, except when it comes to SRPG's and when they're playable on a handheld. Sorry if old, but this just showed up in my inbox:

GENERATION OF CHAOS Announced for the PSP(TM)
NIS America Unveils its first Strategy Role-Playing Game for the Popular Handheld
Entertainment System

Anaheim, Calif. (June 08, 2005) - Strategy role playing game publisher NIS America
Inc. announced today its plans to release Generation of Chaos for the PSP(TM)
portable entertainment system. Generation of Chaos is scheduled to ship in North
America in spring 2006.

Generation of Chaos, developed by Idea Factory, is one of the more popular RPG
series in Japan, and the 2006 release for the PSP(TM) marks the first time the
series has appeared in North America. Featuring all the essentials that made its
predecessor one of the most addictive strategy RPG titles for the PlayStation®2
computer entertainment system, GOC jumps onto the PSP(TM) with evolutionary game
play.

About Generation of Chaos
Battles for world domination have been dragging on for generations. Now Allen of
Zodia rises to end all wars and bring peace to the world. After the opening story,
the player uses the strategy mode to build and strengthen the kingdom. In the
beginning, the kingdom is small and weak. However, as you progress through the
game, the player can conquer neighboring kingdoms and stretch its ruling powers
throughout the land of Duke.

Unlike other RPGs for the PSP(TM), Generation of Chaos features massive,
sixty-character battles as well as sneaky espionage tactics.

Other features include:
-Massive 30 vs. 30 real time army battles.
-Customizable troops and commanders.
-Freedom to fight with or against neighboring kingdoms.
-Your decisions during the game will change the outcome of the war.

About Idea Factory
Based in Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan, Idea Factory is a multimedia/game software
developer and publisher. Since the launch of its very first PlaySation® title in
1996, Idea Factory has been developing revolutionary Strategy RPGs like the
Generation of Chaos series and Spectral Souls series. Both series are highly
praised in Japan for its unique and engaging play style. Today Idea Factory
continues to offer entertainment that crosses both nations and generations.

About NIS America, Inc.
NIS America, Inc. (NIS America) subsidiary of Nippon Ichi Software, Inc. of Japan
(Nippon Ichi Software), established its North American operations on December 24,
2003. Based in Anaheim, California, NIS America, Inc. is a game software publisher
that localizes, markets, and publishes Nippon Ichi Software titles among others.
Some of NIS' most popular titles include LaPucelle: Tactics, Disgaea: Hour of
Darkness, and Phantom Brave for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.

Nippon Ichi Software was founded in 1994 in Gifu, Japan, as an entertainment
software company. Since then Nippon Ichi Software has grown into an international
company focused on creating innovative video game products.

goc10lk.jpg

goc28yo.jpg

goc32zt.jpg

Pellham

Banned
Well it's more of a C quality game than anything else. It's not like there are any AAA quality SRPGs coming out on the system. I'll probably get it when I get a PSP.

MrDaravon

Isn't Generation of Chaos one of those series/games where everyone bitches about how it never comes out in English, but everyone who's actually played the game says it's not that great and/or it sucks ass?

GDGF

Soothsayer
In an effort to bring some balance to this thread, I'll lie to you all and say that I can't wait until this hits stateside!

SailorDaravon said:
Isn't Generation of Chaos one of those series/games where everyone bitches about how it never comes out in English, but everyone who's actually played the game says it's not that great and/or it sucks ass?
No, GoC has pretty much zero English-speaking fanbase and zero anticipation for a US release. Add to that the fact that it probably does really suck, and well... bomb bomb

Geek said:
Beggars can't be choosers, people. You'll get average SRPG's and like it.

:(

[troll] BUY A DS! ONE HANDHELD FUTURE [/troll]

But more seriously, I'd love to see a good turn based strat RPG on PSP. Having the big screen and large storage would be nice in several respects for a title of this type. Guess I'll have to keep playing DS/GBA games while we wait for the genre to actually get covered. My PSP needs a good, long game to keep it humming and I haven't found a good one like this yet.

jiggle

Christberg said:
[troll] BUY A DS! ONE HANDHELD FUTURE [/troll]

But more seriously, I'd love to see a good turn based strat RPG on PSP.

soon
ss.jpg

whether that'll be good or not remains to be seen.

Andy787

Banned
Wait, I've seen screens of this before, and I thought it looked absolutely fantastic (these ones don't, though.)

So it's actually not good, then? :( Has it been released in Japan, or is it a port of a console game or something? How do you guys know it is bad?

EGM92

Amir0x said:
Wow, some of the 2D pvp art is really stellar.

My interest just skyrocketed by a billion. Any chance of localization?

I also hope so, looks HOT :D I need my RPG/SRPG fix on my PSP.

jiggle said:
soon
ss.jpg

whether that'll be good or not remains to be seen.

Artwork looks pretty generic, but depending on how much effort Konami puts into it, it could be very good. Konami has had a pretty good run lately with some of their newer franchises so maybe I'll give it a shot. Is this officially announced for US release? Not interested in importing something like a strat RPG at all.

duckroll

Seriously they can take Generation of Chaos and pretty much flush it down the toilet. No one needs that pile of crap on the PSP. The PSP has other strategy games even this early in its lifetime:

- Metal Gear Ac!d
- Mobile Suit Gundam Gihren's Ambition: Bloodline of Zeon
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms 5
- Twelve: Sengoku Fuushinden

Soon to come:

- Metal Gear Ac!d 2

It's like like there aren't any options, why choose to play SHIT? :D

Top Bottom