• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question about FHUTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Yes I know what it means. And yes, I have engaged in this practice(with women only...so don't go there) and find pleasurable depending on the girl.

But where did this trend of using using the initials FHUTA originate from? It seems to be the "in" thing to suggest these days and I'm all for it, but I'm just curious as how it got started. Did some famous forum icon start saying it and then it spread like wildfire or something?

Matlock

Banned
One day, I randomly posted "fuck her up the ass" as a reply to the torrent to the metric fuckload of "girl problems" threads...

Then, I kept on saying it. People :lol'd. IRC dudes loved it. eXxy told me to stop using it, which I did.

...and it kept going...until...

Darkshire coined "FHUTA." He just made up the acronym, and it kinda fit. More people started using it.

Another milestone in FHUTA history was made during a Kohan game with voicechat. I said "FHUTA" as "foo-tah," and Hitokage debated the better pronounciation was "fa-hu-tah."

fhuta.jpg

weird, didn't know that Cthulhu-style pronunciation debates were raging.

in my mind it was also "foo-tah" but i think i'm switching.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
isamu said:
And yes, I have engaged in this practice(with women only...so don't go there) and find pleasurable depending on the girl.
We all know this was the main reason you made this thread. You couldn't care less about the rest.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Dan said:
We all know this was the main reason you made this thread. You couldn't care less about the rest.

Not true Dan. Not true at all.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Matlock first said it in my "I think my girlfriend stole my car" thread, I believe.

Fusebox

Banned
'FHUTA' is a pathetic expression of false machismo, I pity anybody who uses it because it indicates they have zero prospects of ever getting a top flight missus.

FHUTA is retarded, and since all the fat cat admins (minus me, I'm the freakin Eric Brockovich of censoring this stupid word) won't get off their fat cat asses, I'm just going to start banning people who use the following;

FHUTA
IAWTP
IBTN

Since that's what I've indirectly been instructed to do! So as of now, FHUTA is

dead

Atrex

I applaud men such as yourself that jump to such generalizations with such solid logic as you have here. Ohh man your machismo must be off the charts i bet the misses are all over you ;)

Desperado

Mike Works said:
FHUTA is retarded, and since all the fat cat admins (minus me, I'm the freakin Eric Brockovich of censoring this stupid word) won't get off their fat cat asses, I'm just going to start banning people who use the following;

FHUTA
IAWTP
IBTN

Since that's what I've indirectly been instructed to do! So as of now, FHUTA is

dead

=( i don't think I can remember this..

border

fart said:
if you leave your parents' basement more often acronyms might bother you less. it's worth a try.
Wouldn't it be the opposite? The more time you spend on the internet, the more hokey internet shorthand starts to seem natural....

andthebeatgoeson

border said:
Wouldn't it be the opposite? The more time you spend on the internet, the more hokey internet shorthand starts to seem natural....

But, the question needs to be asked: Is it really that bad? I don't think so.

Fusebox

Banned
What isnt that bad? For a bunch of men to be running around yelling "FHUTA" at every opportunity in this day and age?

Remind me never to hang out with any of you guys.

border

Yeah, once I got out of my parents' basement, yelping "Fuck her up the ass" every time someone mentions a female seems like very natural and well-adjusted behavior. It happens constantly in real life, and it gets funnier every single time! =P

I don't find the phrase vulgar to the point of being offended, but I think it's just a shitty, tired joke that needs to be put to bed. You don't see people still saying "All Your Base" or posting Nicole Bass pictures....

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
border said:
Yeah, once I got out of my parents' basement, yelping "Fuck her up the ass" every time someone mentions a female seems like very natural and well-adjusted behavior. It happens constantly in real life, and it gets funnier every single time! =P

I don't find the phrase vulgar to the point of being offended, but I think it's just a shitty, tired joke that needs to be put to bed. You don't see people still saying "All Your Base" or posting Nicole Bass pictures....

I swear to christ, if one person posts a Nicole Bass picture because of you, I'm going to hunt you down. I'll kill your kids, your wives, your parents, and your parents' friends. I'll burn down the house you grew up in and the store you work in, kill the people that owe you money.

border said:
SNAKES ON A PLANE

lol!!!!

Matlock said:
Another milestone in FHUTA history was made during a Kohan game with voicechat. I said "FHUTA" as "foo-tah," and Hitokage debated the better pronounciation was "fa-hu-tah."
I'm all about the "foo-tah". It's like a cousin of FUBAR.

Fusebox said:
What isnt that bad? For a bunch of men to be running around yelling "FHUTA" at every opportunity in this day and age?
I've only used the acronym like once... but yes, I don't see what's so wrong--in any day and age--with a bunch of men sharing a communal joke on an Internet message board.

border said:
As with species, when a phrase truly becomes old hat natural selection will weed it out.

Could everybody please get laid? Please? Your acronyms are causing the mods to wave the banstick way too much, and it bothers me. I'm a married man, I don't want to fuck any hoochies, I'm of legal age - can I PLEASE speak my mind without fear of getting banned? Please?

Mike Works said:
Posting Nicole Bass pictures because a bannable offense. That's what stopped them.

That was deep, Mike. You're truly a scholar among men *

*okay, I make spelling errors all the time, but I had to drink a 24-pack and smoke 2 ounces of bud before I figured this out - and I'm still not sure I did figure it out :/

Saint Cornelius said:
That was deep, Mike. You're truly a scholar among men *

*okay, I make spelling errors all the time, but I had to drink a 24-pack and smoke 2 ounces of bud before I figured this out - and I'm still not sure I did figure it out :/
You had to get high before you could figure out I typed because instead of became?

fart

Savant
border said:
i was aiming more at how inconsequential it is that someone wants to use a stupid catchphrase acronym on a video gaming messageboard. live and let live anyone? i really don't see how it's harming anyone but the basement dwelling haters.

i mean seriously, mike is the king of stupid photoshop "jokes" and holier than though attempts at scatological humor, but he can't stand one stupid catchphrase? try waking up before noon dude. maybe you won't be as cranky.

now, i can see how F*UTA is kind of a big deal since it's short for something obscene (as well as stupid), but people are always going to be agreeing with each other. policing their different verbal forms of agreement is about as futile as opa mail ordering a taiwanese bride.

fart said:
i was aiming more at how inconsequential it is that someone wants to use a stupid catchphrase acronym on a video gaming messageboard. live and let live anyone? i really don't see how it's harming anyone but the basement dwelling haters.

i mean seriously, mike is the king of stupid photoshop "jokes" and holier than though attempts at scatological humor, but he can't stand one stupid catchphrase? try waking up before noon dude. maybe you won't be as cranky.

now, i can see how F*UTA is kind of a big deal since it's short for something obscene (as well as stupid), but people are always going to be agreeing with each other. policing their different verbal forms of agreement is about as futile as opa mail ordering a taiwanese bride.
I find it alarmingly inconsequential that someone wants to debate a stupid censorship issue on a video gaming messageboard.

Also, one stupid catchphrase? I listed 3, and there's at least one other that I know I'm forgetting. Catch phrases are usually initially funny, but they get old, fast. It has nothing to do with the obscene nature, obviously. You may shrug off this implementation as lame because it's for a "videogame message board" on the "internet", but you could apply that general mentality to anything anyone does on here. Edit a picture of goatse out of a thread? What's that guy's problem, this is just a message board, not the real world. Ban someone for being racist? Jeez, it's the internet, what's his problem.

This board's pretty fucking awesome, and one of the lesser reasons it is so is because of the small yet tight moderation. You can talk about fingering women, joke about a man chopping off a wife's head with a chainsaw, make pictures of rebels in Iraq throwing pokeballs at tanks, shit like that. You can't post scans of magazines, use racially derogative terms (unless you're bishop, CK, or Shinobi), flood the forum, or post incredibly overused pictures or, as of tonight, acronyms.

The inital FHUTA thread was entertaining, but it's gotten to the point where people will just post FHUTA in any question related thread, it serves no purpose whatsoever.

But if you don't like it, you can feel free to start up your own EZBoard forum complete with a FHUTA subsection riddled with imbedded wav's of Who Let the Dogs Out.

Matlock said:
One day, I randomly posted "fuck her up the ass" as a reply to the torrent to the metric fuckload of "girl problems" threads...

Then, I kept on saying it. People :lol'd. IRC dudes loved it. eXxy told me to stop using it, which I did.

...and it kept going...until...

Darkshire coined "FHUTA." He just made up the acronym, and it kinda fit. More people started using it.

fhuta.jpg

siren.gif
NERD ALERT PT. II
siren.gif

Burger

Mike Works said:
But if you don't like it, you can feel free to start up your own EZBoard forum complete with a FHUTA subsection riddled with imbedded wav's of Who Let the Dogs Out.

lol

THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME

So far two people have been banned in this thread alone, yet neither of them were banned for posting THE FORBIDDEN WORDS.

I like to think I've made a difference here today.

isamu

Well, for what it's worth, I apologize for ruining whatever party you guys were enjoying before this new rule. I could care less either way, as I have never used any of those acronyms in posts before. I was just curious why so many were using it and what the attraction to it was. But I agree, overuse of any phrase gets pretty redundant after a while. *shrug*

Socreges

Banned
Well, what about spin-offs, such as:

IAWTC

I Agree With This Conjecture

or

IBTRF

I Believe These Recent Findings

and of course

FHUTGM

Fuck Her Up The Gluteus Maximus

DJ_Tet

Banned
HalfPastNoon

banned

hahah what a fucking tool!

at least you had the patience to wait till he got out of the hospital...

wait...why will he be reinstated in one day? think about this... he's a fucking idiot...

isamu said:
Well, for what it's worth, I apologize for ruining whatever party you guys were enjoying before this new rule. I could care less either way, as I have never used any of those acronyms in posts before. I was just curious why so many were using it and what the attraction to it was. But I agree, overuse of any phrase gets pretty redundant after a while. *shrug*
This isn't your fault. This has been in (a slowwwww) discussion for a few weeks now.

Socreges said:
Well, what about spin-offs, such as:

IAWTC

I Agree With This Conjecture

or

IBTRF

I Believe These Recent Findings

and of course

FHUTGM

Fuck Her Up The Gluteus Maximus
What about your shut your yap!

Gattsu25

Banned
It's nice to give us rules and guidelines to follow, but to ban people for rules that only a handful even know about seems a bit silly. The need to re-assure yourself of you power (adding new ban criteria that half the board might never see) and seemingly random bannings (multiple posts that are worse go untouched) shows immaturity, if you ask me.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I find it alarmingly inconsequential that someone wants to debate a stupid censorship issue on a video gaming messageboard.

Well, since it's stupid:

Disregard Mike's decree. While I do find FHUTA and IAWTP and such annoying at times, realistically enforcing abbreviations that are so ubiquitous isn't realistic, and putting up forum-wide announcements for extended periods of time to raise awareness levels simply isn't worth it for something this trivial.

Took a few minutes of time to dissolve 90% of the unnecessary "Official" markers in thread titles, but that's something that is immediately visible (also so when edited out), and an issue where the thread starter will frequently check the progress of his own creation. Editing out all posts that contain "IAWTP," for example, would be very time consuming (if any of us besides Mike even decided to enforce it), censoring them through software would be medieval (since the censorship list is currently empty, for good reason -- the forum's bound by what's generally considered "common sense"), and banning anyone that uses it would reduce the population considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom