• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question for a MOD.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cute little counter as my title. Two things......

1) Would the same thing be done to someone who complained about Conservatives? If not, then this site is biased and hypocritical. If yes, then you're apparently not doing your job, because many posters are getting away with GA murder.

I'm just honestly curious to see what type of site this is, and to know the level of integrity that the mods have.

2) Would the mod who put the counter there, please announce yourself.

Thank you.

For what? Curiousity? :rolleyes: Geez.

Before my first post here, I happened to mention in another forum that I got in, and litteraly everyone said it was a waste of time for various reasons. So far, most of those reasons have been true. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what makes this place tick.

Fifty

A picture of himself? What's that about? I think you should post your picture if you go about demanding theirs.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Promised One said:

Before my first post here, I happened to mention in another forum that I got in, and litteraly everyone said it was a waste of time for various reasons. So far, most of those reasons have been true. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what makes this place tick.

What place was it? :)

AntoneM

the problem with your argument is this is a private forum and so it can be censored in any way the owners want.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Asking for a picture of the mod who did it is a downright ZANY request.

Wellington said:
What place was it? :)

Two places actually. TXB forums, and PA. As to my account names over there, that will remain secret.

And sorry, I don't have any pics of myself that I could put up, at least not till I get a new scanner (mines broke).

max_cool said:
the problem with your argument is this is a private forum and so it can be censored in any way the owners want.

I'm not debating that. If I was, please point out where. Privately owned or not, bias is bias. I just wanna know what type of place this is, and if all the bad things I've heard about it are true.

AntoneM

oh, in that case, yes. all the bad things you've heard are true. it's well known that heresay is more reliable than approaching something new with an open mind and comming to you own conclusions. this entails listening and considering other peoples opinions

The Promised One said:
Cute little counter as my title. Two things......

1) Would the same thing be done to someone who complained about Conservatives? If not, then this site is biased and hypocritical. If yes, then you're apparently not doing your job, because many posters are getting away with GA murder.

I'm just honestly curious to see what type of site this is, and to know the level of integrity that the mods have.

2) Would the mod who put the counter there, please announce yourself.

Thank you.
1) Maybe, probably. How exactly are we not doing our job if you yourself admit that it would be perfectly acceptable if the owners of this privately owned/run forum leaned one way or another politically?

Here's a protip if you are new here. Don't ask for things like the integrity of the mods, and asking mods to step up to something as trivial as giving you a tag.

The Promised One said:

So far most of these reasons as to why this place is a waste of time are true? Then leave. Or get banned. Or stop bitching. If you don't like the way things are run here, then you don't have to post, especially considering your own admittance that you find this place a waste of time.

The Promised One said:
I'm not debating that. If I was, please point out where. Privately owned or not, bias is bias. I just wanna know what type of place this is, and if all the bad things I've heard about it are true.
Yes, all the bad things you've heard are true. Now that this has been confirmed, you don't have to mention them ever again, as we're not going to change for you. I'm glad this could be resolved in a concise manner.

If you truly wanted to know if rumors regarding this forum were true, all you'd have to do is read and post here and figure it out for yourself. If you're getting derogatory tags from the admins, then you get one big fat guess as to how much your presence is appreciated here.

And for the record, I didn't give you your tag, and I'm not American, and thus are not interested in your politics past the Daily Show. You can ask more forum related questions in this thread if you'd like, but I'll simply tell you right now that, at the rate you're going, you're not going to need to know anything about this forum for much longer.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The Promised One: Here's the pattern I see:

1. TPO posts stupid article/picture
2. Most people on forum don't like it.
3. TPO calls everyone liberals for not liking it.

I agree that it needs to stop, and if you're going to complain about bias, I suggest you shut the fuck up. As long as you aren't labeling everyone else, displaying an exceptional unwillingness to actually discuss matters, or being an outright asshole, you're not likely going to run into problems with GA mods. Unfortunatley, people who find an occasional interest in fascism have a serious problem with this... but there HAVE been those on the other side as well who haven't been able to behave themselves, and they are among the few people I've actually banned.

HalfPastNoon: Please stop looking for excuses to bring out 6 year old photos of people. ;)

xsarien

daedsiluap
I'm not a mod, but I'd say the issue isn't with your politics per se, but how you express them. Your "complaints" are empty, vapid, sometimes pure ad hominem rants that contribute nothing, and inflame. Perhaps, if you'd like to have a serious discussion, you should stop linking to such "sources" as Dave Kopel and Chris Hitchens.

Besides, we have Ripclawe for that.

xsarien said:
Perhaps, if you'd like to have a serious discussion, you stop linking to such "sources" as Dave Kopel and Chris Hitchens.

I'll stop linking to sites that lean in one direction, when everyone else does as well.

And thanks Mike, your response is pretty much what I expected.

Just about everything has been answered, thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom