• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radeon RX 7900 GRE announced. 260W TDP. 5120 Cores. 16 GB VRAM. Starting at $649.

hinch7

Should be $100 less at $550, going from that performance. The thing can barely beat the 4070 in raster and consumes ~100W more power.

Another embarrasing release from AMD. At least we can expect price drops some months..

Last edited:

SantaC

Spyxos

Gold Member
This whole gen sucks. Maybe Intel will come up with something good. Otherwise, I don't see any improvement.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Nope. 4090 is awesome. Sucks to you maybe because the price. which I would agree. but in terms of Technology? this card is a beast. been enjoying it and no regrets.
At this price, this card doesn't even exist for me. It is over 2k here.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

At this price, this card doesn't even exist for me. It is over 2k here.
I can understand if you are new to PC. but usually, its just the first time that is hard to swallow. Because usually what high end gamers do ( if money is an issue ), is to sell the GPU couple of months before the new announcement of the card. this way they recoup lots of money back.

This is what I did with my 3090 and 2080ti before it. if a card is 1500$ coming in Sept, I sell my card in July for 1200$ or so ( which is what I did with my 3090. in fact, my 3090 selling price was 500$ Canadian shy from a 4090 FE price. Had to wait 3 months but, I have my PS5 and old GPU I keep as a spare for simple gaming ( got a cheap 3060 for 250$ CAD when people were scared selling their mining stuff

Spyxos

Gold Member
I can understand if you are new to PC. but usually, its just the first time that is hard to swallow. Because usually what high end gamers do ( if money is an issue ), is to sell the GPU couple of months before the new announcement of the card. this way they recoup lots of money back.

This is what I did with my 3090 and 2080ti before it. if a card is 1500$ coming in Sept, I sell my card in July for 1200$ or so ( which is what I did with my 3090. in fact, my 3090 selling price was 500$ Canadian shy from a 4090 FE price. Had to wait 3 months but, I have my PS5 and old GPU I keep as a spare for simple gaming ( got a cheap 3060 for 250$ CAD when people were scared selling their mining stuff
I've been playing on the Pc for a while now. I've never spent more than 400-500 there, and will not do so in the future.

PaintTinJr

I wonder how these cards measure up in blender - once AMD's Pro Radeon Render addon is installed - and if the pricing is largely because of that market segment getting superior value - assuming the advertised fastest RT claim is actually true with the Radeon Pro render in offline rendering, rather than games.

I recently tried that config with an RDNA2 integrated graphics on a laptop with particle fur rendering and was surprised by how the Pro Render improved rendering results, and times when switching back to Cycles or the LucCore renderer addon, which then had access to a different HW accelerated list of enumerated devices. So maybe it added access to features like the rapid pack maths available.in the RDNA to the renderers and made it easier to exploit the benefits of the async compute..

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I miss when AMD was competitive with pricing. Now they're mostly just as terrible as Nvidia. :/
They're worse value imo, if you're factoring in RT and AI performance and features like DLSS.

Like for crypto mining maybe AMD is a better deal, but if the goal is to make your games look as nice as possible and run and smooth as possible, nVidia has more bang for the buck no contest.

Top Bottom