• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE 2 expansion ‘Rise of the Ghosts’ announced

Mista

Banned

Publisher Bethesda Softworks and developers Avalanche Studios and id Software announced Rage 2 expansion “Rise of the Ghosts” at the Bethesda Softworks E3 2019 press conference. It will launch later in 2019.

Rage 2 is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Mista

Banned
Rage-2_2019_06-09-19_001.jpg

Rage-2_2019_06-09-19_002.jpg

Rage-2_2019_06-09-19_003.jpg

Rage-2_2019_06-09-19_004.jpg

Shifty

The sitcom parody bit was hilarious, but boy what a mishmash of other things this game's aesthetic has going on.

I doubt I'll go back to it in the near future, but might check this out on a replay at some point. Best shootbanging since 2016.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Picked this up for $40 and really enjoying it. Havent completed it yet, but I am working on 100% this bad boy.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I love Rage 2, but holy fuck does the game get dark some times. The game badly needs an adjustment for brightness. Far too often I simply can't see anything in dark areas.
Add in an in game flash light also.

It's just a mind-boggling oversight.

Shifty

I love Rage 2, but holy fuck does the game get dark some times. The game badly needs an adjustment for brightness. Far too often I simply can't see anything in dark areas.
Add in an in game flash light also.

It's just a mind-boggling oversight.
If you're on PC, you can turn off SSAO to fix that. Makes everything look kinda flat and you can't sub in your own with ReShade on account of the renderer being Vulkan-only, but it's something.

Seems like they fucked up the implementation to the point where it's used as a stand-in for proper shadow mapping in a lot of areas.

Top Bottom