• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rallisport Championship 2 Season 2 Thread! AGAIN! sign up friends!

Top 8 guys from season 1 that are also in season 2:

1. Kindbudmaster - Avg. Score: 32 pts
2. Hgplayer1 - Avg. Score: 30 pts
3. Op1vy - Avg. Score: 29 pts
4. Bebpo - Avg. Score: 28 pts
5. DopeyFish - Avg. Score: 27.25
6. Gunstar - Avg. Score: 24.8
7. Gonzo24 - Avg. Score: 23.4
8. JediMike - Avg. Score: 21.6

-----------

so, those are the captiains fellas. i dont know how you guys want to do this. randomize the players on your team, "Draft" players, or what. so just let me know. im going to make the competition in a matter of minutes so post some good tracks or else im going to hop on RSC2 and see what tracks are pretty good and just pick those. at least post what KIND of races you like (rally, crossover, ice, etc)

oh and i have to be a team "captain", but infact i wont be the captain. it's just because when i create the tourney it automatically designates me. so, when i end up on whatever team i end up on, i'll just transfer the "team leader" status (which you can do) to whoever the true captain is.

Bog

Junior Ace
Didn't Op1vy miss like 2 or 3 races? Methinks average pts isn't the way to do this.

yes he did. avg pts is the right way just because what if op1vy DOES race all of season 2? what if he ends up on kindbudmasters team? thats most likely 63 pts right there.

i'm going to extend the time between rounds, so he should be able to get the times in. he said he's good to go for season 2, and some stuff came up in season 1. i'm sure if we had a 4 or 5 day limit he could have posted some times. he'll show up this season, trust me

what kind of cars should we be using for Rally Cross? I've tested some out, and the "highest quality" car it lets you use (for XBL records anyways) is a Rally 2 car. it seems kind of slow to me though on my test runs.... is rally 2 the way to go for Rally Cross tracks?

shpankey

not an idiot
FMT, out of curiousity, what was my average? I can't find the times on the XSN page, it just keeps showing me a page that shows the winning team.

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what kind of cars should we be using for Rally Cross? I've tested some out, and the "highest quality" car it lets you use (for XBL records anyways) is a Rally 2 car. it seems kind of slow to me though on my test runs.... is rally 2 the way to go for Rally Cross tracks?

If you're in doubt, check the leaderboard for a rallycross track. See which cars the best players are using.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I dig pretty much any of the tracks as long they aren't really long--actually, length and/or laps tend to irk me in general w/ these tourneys.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Ice Racing as well.

As far as where to place me, I don't give a rats ass whose team I'm on. I will say that I will make a better effort to put in good times. The only 2 tracks I actually had a real chance to practice (Copper Hill and Viper) I pulled decent enough times, so hopefully I can remain constant for every round this time.

ok guys, here is what i have. if a lot of people want changes, i'll change it. i wont activate the tourney for another hour or so, so there is still time. here is the tourney info as it stands now:

------------------------------

Start Date: 6/17/04
Duration: 5 days between rounds
Rounds: 5
Collision: Ghost

Track 1: Hill Climb
Car Class: Hill Climb 2
Laps: 1
Track: Mesa Roja Ridge

Track 2: Rally
Car Class: Group B2
Laps: 1
Track: SS5 - Macke's

Track 3: Cross Over
Car Class: Rally 2
Laps: 2
Track: Coline

Track 4: Ice Racing
Car Class: Ice Racing 2
Laps: 2
Track: Pines

Track 5: Rally Cross
Car Class: Rally Cross 2
Laps: 3
Track: Twisted

hgplayer1

shpankey said:
FMT, out of curiousity, what was my average? I can't find the times on the XSN page, it just keeps showing me a page that shows the winning team.

when you get to the page that shows you the winning team there should be a View Standings link that will let you view all the standings and stats.

has anyone thought about the fact that there are Team Leaderboards on XSN and that if we make completely new teams for season 2 the stats wont affect the current ratings of the teams we just used in season 1?

FYI Dirt Devils is ranked 5th out of 28 teams on XSN. the top team has 7 seasons won out of 8.

hgplayer1

Fifty said:
If there were more than a measly 28 teams, maybe it would matter :p

well I think its still early on in RSC2s life and people are still gettin used to XSN. maybe it will get more competitive on the team leaderboards in the near future.

attention team leaders:

i've sent an invite to the 8 team leaders. now how do you guys want to do this? free lance team joining? draft? by the numbers? i would say matchup 1 with 32 etc, but not everyone in this season played in season 1. so, lets get some ideas going cause we have 8 days to fill the tourney.

Pachinko

My idea for how to make up the teams-

take the top 8 players as team captains. The players ranked 9-16th from season one then get partnered as follows-

1-16 48
2-15 48
3-14 48
4-13 48
5-12 47
6-11 47
7-10 47
8-9 47

Now through the amazing power of math we do some adding. Pretend if you will that the top ranked player and those below him earn points in the same way you would for racing a round in the tournament. The 3rd number would be the total score for the first 2 teamates combined.

Now it gets a bit tricky, you do the same pairing with the lower 16 racers, careful to add them in such a way that you have the same thing as the top 16 players going on.

17-32 16
18-31 16
19-30 16
20-29 16
21-28 15
22-27 15
23-26 15
24-25 15

Now you'll notice that there are 2 teirs in both the upper and lower teams. What we do now is add the upper tear with 48 points to the lower tear with 15 points and the upper tear with 47 points to the lower tier with 16 points. In the end you have teams that all equal 63 points

I don't know any other way to do it . This method makes sence and theoretically should work ... Now the trouble is as far as I can tell you have to manually figure out your personal score and ranking by looking at every single standing.... and then figure out what to do the coulple people that are tied up.... If some has a list of the the over all standing based on every gamer rather then team you should be able to figure this out no problem.

1-16 48
2-15 48
3-14 48
4-13 48
5-12 47
6-11 47
7-10 47
8-9 47

17-32 16
18-31 16
19-30 16
20-29 16
21-28 15
22-27 15
23-26 15
24-25 15
-----------

so, by this method, here are the rankings:

01. Kindbudmaster
02. hgplayer1
03. op1vy
04. bebpo
05. dopeyfish
06. gunstar77
07. gonzo24
08. jedimike
09. dmczaf
10. mrbob
11. frenchmovietheme
12. caninusrule
13. blast tyrant
14. shinobi
15. wellie (ck)
16. ijoel
17. mightyhedgehog
18. speed razor
19. shadyrequium
20. sefskillz
21. fennecfox
22. che guarvara
23. otakugamer
24. drjealousy
25. bog
26. scribb1er
27. massappeal
28. neo007cypher
29. fowler007
-----------

we still need 3 more people, but you can see what your team would be now: here are the teams (by numbers, im too lazy to type out full names again, you'll get an idea of what your team would look like in this method):

Team 1: #'s 1, 16, 24, 25
Team 2: #'s 2, 15, 23, 26
Team 3: #'s 3, 14, 22, 27
Team 4: #'s 4, 13, 21, 28
Team 5: #'s 5, 12, 20, 29
Team 6: #'s 6, 11, 19, 30
Team 7: #'s 7, 10, 18, 31
Team 8: #'s 8, 9, 17, 32

so what do you guys think? is everyone down for this method?

woops, sorry i was going back and forth between the list and a couple drafts... everyone is moving down from a certain slot fellas hold on...

*fixed, no one moved down, i accidentally had shinobi on there twice

Pachinko

You confused my idea slightly.
Revised team numbers.

Team 1: #'s 1, 16, 24, 25
Team 2: #'s 2, 15, 23, 26
Team 3: #'s 3, 14, 22, 27
Team 5: #'s 5, 12, 20, 29
Team 6: #'s 6, 11, 19, 30
Team 7: #'s 7, 10, 18, 31
Team 8: #'s 8, 9, 17, 32

That is how I wanted it. If you total how many points each team would get if these numbers = your respective round ranking you should get 63 points for each team.

The way you had it confused you'd have 4 teams with 64 points and 4 teams with 62 points.

I put way too much thought into this.

Bebpo

Banned
Are the tracks permanent at this point?

Would've preferred a hillclimb in Canada since we did USA last season and Ice Racing is kinda >_< IMO but not sure what everyone else thinks about ice.

Also is there no way to change the start date? 6/17 is a whole week away and with 5 day rounds that sets the season ending back 32 days from now :( If possible it'd be cool if we could start the season like tomorrow since we now have 5 days to post the first time.

i wish it were possible to start tomorrow, and if we have 32 people signed in tomorrow i can activate the tourney at any time. unfortunantely, the odds of all 32 players signing in by tomorrow is very unlikely.

p.s. also, the tracks and so on are all set in stone. sorry :(

Bebpo

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i wish it were possible to start tomorrow, and if we have 32 people signed in tomorrow i can activate the tourney at any time. unfortunantely, the odds of all 32 players signing in by tomorrow is very unlikely.

p.s. also, the tracks and so on are all set in stone. sorry :(

Ok, well then lets list the official teams here, then you send out the invites, and then we all sign up tomorrow or saturday and start the tourney sunday or monday at the latest. I don't see why anyone wouldn't have 5 mins to sign up sometime over the weekend.

Bebpo

Banned
ok, made my team. Going by Pachinko's post it should be:

Bebpo/Blast Tyrant/fennecfox/neo007cypher

So I'm sending out invites to you all now.

edit: neo007cypher, it says I can't send an invite to you because you haven't registered at XSN yet. Tell me when you're registered and I'll re-send the invite.

im with you bebpo, it shouldn't take more than a minute to sign in. but, like i said there is the reality of the situation is not everyone is going to sign up in a day or two. but we'll see how fast everyone gets signed in. here are the official teams, your captain will have to send you the password if he created the team as a private team. team captains, if you want to just post the password for your team here that's fine... if anyone signs up on a team that they are supposed to (by accident or otherwise) i can always boot them off said team and they can resign in:

Team 1:
01. Kindbudmaster
16. ijoel
24. drjealousy
25. bog

Team 2:
02. hgplayer1
15. wellie (ck)
23. otakugamer
26. scribb1er

Team 3:
03. op1vy
14. shinobi
22. che guarvara
27. massappeal

Team 4:
04. bebpo
13. blast tyrant
21. fennecfox
28. neo007cypher

Team 5:
05. dopeyfish
12. caninusrule
20. sefskillz
29. fowler007

Team 6:
06. gunstar77
11. frenchmovietheme
19. shadyrequium

Team 7:
07. gonzo24
10. mrbob
18. speed razor

Team 8:
08. jedimike
09. dmczaf
17. mightyhedgehog

------------

gunstar and shady, the password for quadforce is 1689307

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Ok, I sent out invites to ijoel, drjealousy and bog. Welcome to Dirt Devils gentlemen. When the season gets closer to starting we'll get together as a team and help each other out with the first round track.

Bog

Junior Ace
OK, all signed in. Being able to race with your team is going to help a TON this Season.

hgplayer1

damn it kinda sucks that Im a team leader. I might never decide on a name for the team! any suggestions would be appreciated but Im signing up at the moment and will probably have the team made in the next half hour.

*Edit* nevermind I named the team Lug Nuts and invites have been sent. :)

*Edit II* sending out friend invites to team mates.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
ok, created team Elegant Wild and sent out invites to teammates :)

Fifty and shinobi, i think i got your gamertags correct, as they werent in the listings for racers... pm me if you somehow didnt get your invite.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Signed up.

Pachinko, for the love of God please try a bit harder this season than last season. You were last or close to it in almost every race. :/

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I think I missed two rounds, I should have had a better score ;)

IM GONNA MISS YOU CK ;_;

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
I've been checking out all the tracks tonight and I like them. Good picks FMT, a good mix of technical and speed tracks. Btw, the top time for the 1st round track will fall easily to someone here, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if we held the top 3 spots for this track after we finish the round.:)

i tested a shitload of tracks kind. probably spent about 45 mins to an hour just racing little segments of each track to see which would be best for the competition. some of the tracks are not offered online though, i wonder why...

jedimike

Tried to send invites to my team, but I can't remember your gamertags...

dmczaf
mightyhedgehog
and yet to be named player

please post your gamertags.

Pachinko

I put some effort into that last race atleast. I didn't have the patience to race 40+ times through the same 4 minute track to improve either.

Neverthe less, I'll try to aim for whatever time is needed to be atleast in the top 10. I mean, if I pulled off a decent time on that one track I can do it again right ? :p

Anyway, I'm checking XSN now and signing up.

Bebpo

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
dont forget, we still need 3 more people! so if any of you GAF members want in on this, there is still time!

If for some reason we can't fill those last 3 spots, I'd suggest on only counting the top3 scores for each team and dropping the lowest score.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Crap, I didn't realize there were pre-assigned teams--I signed w/ Bebpo's squad cuz they had the most slots open.

FMT, just boot me and resend the invite and I'll join your squad--though I gotta tell ya, as an ESPN Football head, the thought of being affiliated w/ anything Madden terrifies me! :)

I gotta do some actual work here at the job, so I'll check in again this afternoon. Thx!

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
FMT, I'm cutting out from work early, so I'll get online from home this evening and check for the new invite then (I see you've already removed me from Bepbo's squad). Thx.

--bob/Shadyrequiem

Top Bottom