• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I can't focus.
1gjF5uS.gif

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I feel like online shopping has become too much of a gamble these days. Wife ordered a desk, received a chair, and Wayfair sees no issue with this and will offer a slight refund of the initial purchase price. I've been having bad experiences on Amazon as well.

Haven't had any issues with smaller online retailers so maybe the lesson is just to avoid the big players.

Nydius

It's my birthday today and literally no one remembered. Not family, not friends, not colleagues former or current. No one.

I'm a grown-ass man three years shy of being on this Earth for half a century so I don't need presents or parties but is having my existence acknowledged too much to ask for?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It's my birthday today and literally no one remembered. Not family, not friends, not colleagues former or current. No one.

I'm a grown-ass man three years shy of being on this Earth for half a century so I don't need presents or parties but is having my existence acknowledged too much to ask for?
Happy belated birthday man. Hope today is better for you.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I think a former friend is fucking with me for laughs with his other friends.

Definitely puts a dent in a man's trust.

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin

Be your own best friend and treat yourself, fuck 'em 😁

Think of what you are grateful for and the positives in your life.

I know it's not much but at least you got us in here.

HAPPAY belated BIRTHDAY! 🥳🎁🎂

Happy 🎂day!
Buy yourself a present, if nobody else does.

CGNoire

everything there that sounds like a synth is made out of just chopped and cut amen breaks. including the funky bass at 0:18 that sounds like it was sampled, and the bass at 0:48. It's all Amen Breaks, no other samples, synths or effects besides pitch and volume shifting some notes. A flex in DAW form.

other videos with the same breakcore gimmick don't do it as well and aren't as impressive in their sound design imho.
Whats an Amen break?
A way to circumvent a lack of a proper synth by those who only have access to a sampler?

Those synths didnt sound too hot?
What am I missing here?

Celcius

°Temp. member
They say bottled water has microplastics and they also say tap water has them too. Where are you supposed to get water these days?

edit: as soon as I type this I see there's a thread on this

Last edited:

badblue

Second Random though:

Equalizer 3 is like watching a reverse slasher. The van scene feels like something I've seen done before in a Friday the 13th.

Conversely, the hottest Thai women have penises. or so I'm told.

I had a few coworkers on various jobs over the years that lived 6-8 months a year in Thailand. They told stories.

Weirdly, the Thailand government systematically discriminates against them hardcore. It's such a contradictory place. Everything is illegal, but everyone messes with it anyway, and everyone has respect for the king/government that makes it illegal, which they don't adhere to. I still don't get it.

I'd say that 1/20 ladyboys are drop-dead gorgeous. But you gotta figure that plastic surgery is huge there, and it is way cheaper than I thought it would be. I went to a cabaret show (like a drag and ladyboi musical thing, wasn't my cup of tea but whatever i'm on vacation), and some of them were 11s, and had plastic surgery to the moon and back. Usually you can find a way to tell, but with a few I absolutely could not tell. I would have taken photos with some of them but I didn't wanna pay 50 baht even though they deserved it.

Last edited:

badblue

Weirdly, the Thailand government systematically discriminates against them hardcore. It's such a contradictory place. Everything is illegal, but everyone messes with it anyway, and everyone has respect for the king/government that makes it illegal, which they don't adhere to. I still don't get it.

Hypocrisy in Politics is like Bacon and Eggs or Milk in Coffee.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I feel like online shopping has become too much of a gamble these days. Wife ordered a desk, received a chair, and Wayfair sees no issue with this and will offer a slight refund of the initial purchase price. I've been having bad experiences on Amazon as well.

Haven't had any issues with smaller online retailers so maybe the lesson is just to avoid the big players.
Or use PayPal. I've never had a problem getting a refund with PayPal.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I feel like my life would be better if I could get a girlfriend.

Same here.
It's more the fact that Peter Hitchens says addiction is a choice or can be stopped at any time which annoys me. Give him a six week course of OxyContin and then just stop his dosage! I'd be interested in his change of heart regarding addiction.

Well.

If the core from which the need to flee/soften ie escape from isn't dealt with; whichever coping mechanism that'll help with dealing with said escapism will continue to be used. Seems logical imo

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Same here.

Well.

If the core from which the need to flee/soften ie escape from isn't dealt with; whichever coping mechanism that'll help with dealing with said escapism will continue to be used. Seems logical imo
Sorry I didn't understand a word of that. Are you saying you agree with Peter Hitchens opinion on addiction being a choice and that you can easily stop at anytime? Well starting it is obviously a choice, but to say you can easily just stop is incredibly ignorant.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
People get addicted for multiple reasons. I'm just saying that's very likely there's an underlying issue that causes addiction. And sorry, i was talking from within the context of trauma/physical pain. Not partying.

Shouldn't have quoted you to avoid confusion, my apologies

Last edited:
Top Bottom