• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i just "saw" a pigeon getting run over. when i left my house earlier and pulled out the drive in my car there were a bunch of them sitting on the road but as i approached they flew away except one scraggly little one. i assumed it must have a broken wing and made sure i gave it enough space so i didn't run it over. i came back home about 40 minutes later and it was still chilling there. it was right in the middle of the road this time so i made sure to position the car so the pigeon dude went between the wheels. when i got out the car i saw another car approaching....

it didn't move and i saw the wheel about to hit it so i turned away. i heard this surprisingly loud crack. that must've been it's little bones getting cracked and/or its guts getting splattered open. i looked back at it and the poor thing was flattened against the road.

i am terrified of birds but i would never like to see any animal harmed. i know people will laugh at me but it's upset me :( i knew if it had a broken wing then it was only going to be a matter of time before it got ran over or something killed it but man that crack is stuck in my head :( a pigeon flew into my car as i was driving one time and i will never forget the noise it made. i couldn't stop thinking about it.

RIP pigeon dude :messenger_anguished:

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Pigeon Attacking GIF

GymWolf

Shit i have 2 small kittens roaming free in my neighbour, today they were extremely close to my balcony and they were crying for attention, i gave them some water but i don't know where the fuck the momma cat is and i can't give them food or they are gonna follow me just to finish right into my dog mouth...

Even a dog dude like me is not indifferent to super cute small kittens...

I think that...I've been unaffected by many things others have gone through for a long time. As a result I've lived such a carefree life even with my stressors around to bog things down. Maybe one day I'll wake up from this dream world and face the realities that I didn't need to face yet

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Time to slay this one in one go

low-fodmap-stracciatella-ijs-6.jpg
that took me far too long to realise what that was lol.

i have some ice cream in my freezer but i'm not really an ice cream person. i bought it because i was sick but i couldn't eat it as it burned my throat lol. no joke. i had a super sore throat and the coldness was too much that it made my throat sting.

while i'm not an ice cream person if i do eat it then it's definitely ice cream with chocolate in it. the more i'm thinking about ice cream the more i want it now. i might see if my gf is hiding any chocolate and sprinkle some of that in the ice cream.

edit: i'm doubting myself now. i hope that really is ice cream :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm down to just Apple TV+, and Disney/Hulu/ESPN for streaming services.

Cancelled in the past month or two:

HBO Max - I got tired of how many of the talky shows I watched kept going on weeks-long to even months-long hiatuses. The new leadership from Discovery also seems hell bent on transforming the service into more reality TV garbage hell

Netflix - got tired of being excited for shows based on properties I enjoy, only to have them come out horribly miscast and just plain stupid frankly (some had a decent first season, like The Witcher, but proceeded to fall apart after)

Paramount+ - this service was OK for three or four shows and an occasional good movie, but to get all of the good stuff it's simply too expensive, and even then, not exactly the kind of movies and shows that light the world on fire

PBS Passport - I suppose this may be a lasting issue related to the pandemic, but the rate at which they released new episodes of their best shows and docuseries basically slowed to a near standstill. I can't justify paying even a dime for a service that releases, say, six-or-so episodes of Frontline in a year when they used to release well over a dozen at times

I am thinking Amazon may be next, as I don't even order much online from them any longer, and their original shows are so hit or miss.

OK that was a long random thought, but I'm thinking out loud to myself here as I decide if I want to trim down even more. For example - could I live with Hulu w/ ads? Afterall, watching stuff on Tubi doesn't bother me.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Youtube said that Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness would be 4K if I rented it. Well I rented it and the max resolution I could select on my Windows PC was 480p. I tried different browsers and same result. I decided just to try my iPhone and at least there I watched it in 1080p. Surely that must be false advertising.

GeekyDad

...I am thinking Amazon may be next, as I don't even order much online from them any longer, and their original shows are so hit or miss.

:D The only reason why we have Prime is because we order enough throughout the year (especially on holidays and birthdays) that it's cheaper with free shipping just to keep the membership. I didn't discover the movies and shows until like two or three years ago. Yeah, it is a bit hit or miss with the original shows, but I probably spend more of my viewing time going back to older movies I've enjoyed or haven't yet seen. It's the most worthwhile, though, simply because it plays into their shopping. If they ever disconnect the two, it's adios.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
:D The only reason why we have Prime is because we order enough throughout the year (especially on holidays and birthdays) that it's cheaper with free shipping just to keep the membership. I didn't discover the movies and shows until like two or three years ago. Yeah, it is a bit hit or miss with the original shows, but I probably spend more of my viewing time going back to older movies I've enjoyed or haven't yet seen. It's the most worthwhile, though, simply because it plays into their shopping. If they ever disconnect the two, it's adios.

I'll probably keep Prime just because of the overall package. These days the free stuff on Kindle (books and magazines) and occasionally massive discounts on new books, and to a much lesser extent Comixology, interest me more than their movies and shows. Then there's all of the free games and game add-ons with Prime Gaming.

The streaming stuff and free shipping are starting to feel like the icing on the cake to me, and not the major attractions.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I have to survive the next two weeks until payday on nothing but four slices of bread, a tin of custard, and some frozen veg. The UK government really don't consider how tough the cost of living for the average Joe actually is.
you got paypal? i'll be happy to give you something. not much but it'll let you go to the shops and get some more food or pay your electricity or whatever.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Are food pantries not a thing in the UK?
we have food banks

edit: i am fortunate enough to never used one so can't pretend i know exactly how they work. it seems you need to be referred and your income/benefits are looked at. it might be possible that people who are out working/not on benefits aren't eligible to go to a food bank even though they can't afford much food. it's definitely worth looking into if you're struggling.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm seriously thinking about quitting the internet. i've been using it for ~26 years and i'm really starting to feel like fuck this shit. i ditched social media mostly years ago because it was fucking with my head. i mean, i had a fb/twitter/ig/tiktok/reddit but deleted the fb/ig/tiktok. for about 5 months this year i managed to ditch twitter/reddit too. i'm already feeling like i need a break from it again and this time i'm thinking maybe it's best i just give it up all together. when i say the "internet" i mean going on sites like reddit/twitter/neogaf and the other sites i visit daily. i couldn't give up on stuff like spotify, netflix, and generally using internet for my phone/ipad for stuff like banking/organisation/planning. or on my switch or PC when playing games.

i guess i just don't want to deal with the constant news thrown at me cause it's giving me so much anxiety. i've tried cutting it out as much as possible but i still find myself doomscrolling/reading and it's now starting to affect my sleep. i struggle to sleep at night and when i wake up i find myself thinking "what should i be stressing out about now?". there is the war with ukraine/russia, china looking like they are starting shit, climate change is only getting worse and news outlets are going crazy with the fear mongering (climate change is a real emergency but wtf are we really meant to do about it. governments/companies and the rich need to do something about it. i can use paper/metal straws, wash out plastic tubs and cans of beans but it ain't going to do shit really)...and all this shit about inflation, recessions, strikes, etc is seriously stressing me out.

sometimes i feel like i'm just too sensitive and easily overwhelmed but i'm really sick of the constant negative shit. i find myself appreciating the "real world" more often now. it's not like i would shut myself in all the time...i'd still go out but like so many i was glued to my phone and always connected. i love nothing more these days than taking 20 minutes to walk to work with nothing more than the thoughts in my head. usually i'd have an audiobook or spotify playing. there was always something to do to make the most of my time but now i just want some fucking peace and quiet.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
sometimes i feel like i'm just too sensitive and easily overwhelmed but i'm really sick of the constant negative shit.
It's not just you and it is really easy these days to get overwhelmed by many things.

Stay away from the news as much as possible and necesary. Try to read a local newspaper. Usually they are not that negative. Try to help others whenever you can even if it is just something minor. And think positive!

At least that's what i try to do.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
It's not just you and it is really easy these days to get overwhelmed by many things.

Stay away from the news as much as possible and necesary. Try to read a local newspaper. Usually they are not that negative. Try to help others whenever you can even if it is just something minor. And think positive!

At least that's what i try to do.
that's what i'm trying to do. i've cut down on the amount of news i'm reading but something always catches my attention somehow. i have actually been thinking about picking up newspapers as an alternative. i love helping people and have been trying to find ways to do that. i'm going to look into some volunteering :)

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
that's what i'm trying to do. i've cut down on the amount of news i'm reading but something always catches my attention somehow. i have actually been thinking about picking up newspapers as an alternative. i love helping people and have been trying to find ways to do that. i'm going to look into some volunteering :)
The world is highly connected through the internet and it might feel like all of this shit is right infront of your door. But it isn't! You have the right mindset. Sometimes you gotta focus on what's important in your day to day live and start to change things there for the better and not feel the need to rescue the world.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Take up a hobby like masturbation or bike riding.

Top Bottom