• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
No clue. You couldn’t pay to try it.
Ep1JQUI.png

Your Best BestBest Friend Mark Wants You There

MachRc

8qHkk3h.jpg

I made my avatar, tried sending the screenshot (voice activate in menu) but it requires I send it via messenger. And the device continously make me sign in on my phone quest app for Horizon which is basically now a horizon app as I can't access anything unless I go through their meta steps.

J4xy3hs.jpg

llnatZp.jpg

To then find out my son who really uses this headset took a screenshot of his pron page which he deleted but became the default photo of the picture folder??Wtf i cant erase that thumbnail!!!!.(I swear im not making this up)
fl9f03N.jpg

Im hoping he didn't share it via my old unused FB account.

The new update strangles you more into their world. I now see the wall they put up. Even requires it to see new apps.

I should have just left it collecting dust.

I have a headache. And people on fb probably think I accidentally uploaded a screenshot on my message wall jacking off in VR

So far I give it a F-
And I haven't even gotten In Horizon yet.

I regret everything.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

8qHkk3h.jpg

I made my avatar, tried sending the screenshot (voice activate in menu) but it requires I send it via messenger. And the device continously make me sign in on my phone quest app for Horizon which is basically now a horizon app as I can't access anything unless I go through their meta steps.

J4xy3hs.jpg

llnatZp.jpg

To then find out my son who really uses this headset took a screenshot of his pron page which he deleted but became the default photo of the picture folder??Wtf i cant erase that thumbnail!!!!.(I swear im not making this up)
fl9f03N.jpg

Im hoping he didn't share it via my old unused FB account.

The new update strangles you more into their world. I now see the wall they put up. Even requires it to see new apps.

I should have just left it collecting dust.

I have a headache. And people on fb probably think I accidentally uploaded a screenshot on my message wall jacking off in VR

So far I give it a F-
And I haven't even gotten In Horizon yet.

I regret everything.
I'm sorry, man, but...

3b43bab1ff55689711fefa3773185aa2.png

Why would you do that? Do you normally invite rapists into your home?

Banned
RTL2 produced yet another set of new Beyond Belief (X-Faktor: Das Unfassbare) episodes, and this time it's not even that terrible... last years comeback episode was absolutely awful.

but Jonathan Frakes has a new german voice actor... and I don't like that 😕 Detlef Bierstedt wasn't available I guess... sad

I wonder if these will ever be released in English, as they are produced for the german market specifically due to the cult status the show has here. would be kinda funny if a fully English show, dubbed into german, only ever got a german dub release lol

Last edited:
i'm not quite ready to ditch twitter but keeping my mind open about other platforms. mastodon is one that seems to be mentioned a lot. i feel old because i can't quite understand how it works lol. might give it a try. anyone else using it?

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Dreaming of the pilot episode where Jon Snow appears to Bran in his bedchambers and bukkakes him and goes “look who’s got Aeg on his face” before chopping him in half with the Valyrian steel of house Mormont then catching a ride on Drogon to find Maisie and be like “we targs do incest” and then they have wolf pups and peace in the realm

FatallyYours

Gold Member
Dreaming of the pilot episode where Jon Snow appears to Bran in his bedchambers and bukkakes him and goes “look who’s got Aeg on his face” before chopping him in half with the Valyrian steel of house Mormont then catching a ride on Drogon to find Maisie and be like “we targs do incest” and then they have wolf pups and peace in the realm
GlxBpTi.gif

Wtf 🤣

I think I might finally have moved to Linux! I won't be fully ditching Windows just yet because I still need time to get used to Linux and I still want to play games. If everything works out and when my GPU starts struggling then I might ditch Windows then.

For years I've tried getting in Linux but something always goes wrong and I end up back on Windows. Today as I was installing Linux I kept thinking this is a waste of time you know what's gonna happen!

But it didn't happen...at least not yet! I had a little trouble with GPU drivers but fixed it. I have mostly everything set up but still need to figure out some alternative software as some programs I use aren't on Linux. Other than that I think I can use Linux as my "daily driver" OS.

I'm going to do a clean install of Windows and keep it as barebones as possible and only install stuff purely for gaming. Not sure if I can make a local account instead of connecting my MS account. Maybe I'd need to go back to Windows 10?

Suck on that Microsoft! :messenger_beaming:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I think I might finally have moved to Linux! I won't be fully ditching Windows just yet because I still need time to get used to Linux and I still want to play games. If everything works out and when my GPU starts struggling then I might ditch Windows then.

For years I've tried getting in Linux but something always goes wrong and I end up back on Windows. Today as I was installing Linux I kept thinking this is a waste of time you know what's gonna happen!

But it didn't happen...at least not yet! I had a little trouble with GPU drivers but fixed it. I have mostly everything set up but still need to figure out some alternative software as some programs I use aren't on Linux. Other than that I think I can use Linux as my "daily driver" OS.

I'm going to do a clean install of Windows and keep it as barebones as possible and only install stuff purely for gaming. Not sure if I can make a local account instead of connecting my MS account. Maybe I'd need to go back to Windows 10?

Suck on that Microsoft! :messenger_beaming:
What flavor of Linux are you on?

What flavor of Linux are you on?
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.

I know there is a newer version (22.10 i think) but i'll stay on the LTS.

I've tried other ones like Mint, Elemental and Pop. Mint was quite good. Elemental i had a lot of issues with. Pop had some problems. This was a while back so can't remember exactly what went wrong and not sure how they are today.

Ubuntu seems to be the most supported and has less issues in my experience so I'll stick with that for now. Might change about in the future.

GeekyDad

Holy shit, the news is scary as fuck today... Seeing a headline saying "Netanyahu poised to return as Israel PM" is perhaps the scariest. As if the world wasn't broken as fuck enough. Let it heal at least a little, god damn!

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I am rewatching my bluray collection of Veep since insomnia is visiting me again, and wow. This show was ahead of its time. Fearless in its cruelty adrift changing social tides, but also forward thinking and predictive.

Plus whatever her name is from Seinfeld was hot as fuck in season one.

GymWolf

So i was curious and i bought what you american people love to drink

STARBUCKSDRINKCARAMELLO-5760466920490-5.png

Well it taste like venom, and holy shit at almost 200 calories for a cup...

not that anyone cares but an update on my previous post regarding moving to Linux:

installed it on monday and it's now saturday. i think i've booted into Windows maybe 3-4 times this week when i've wanted a few games of Rocket League.

there is still a lot to learn but i'm getting really used to Ubuntu and feel more confident using terminal. on windows i use Affinity Photo which doesn't work on Linux and it seems like G.I.M.P is the best alternative. i really miss the content aware tool. G.I.M.P has a heal/clone tool which kinda does the same thing but it doesn't have as good results. i tried installing some plugins in but for the life of me i can't figure out how to get them working. well, i think i got one installed (resynthesizer) but i have no idea how to use it.

another thing i struggled with was back ups. on windows i used Cobian Reflector to back up everything. i tried Duplicati on ubuntu but it was too complicated. i currently have Grsync which seems to be doing the job.

i tried to set up Wine so i can run windows programs but can't seem to get it working... but it's ok because there isn't really anything i need to run through it. i was going to try run Affinity Photo through it but whatever. So now, i guess i don't have any reason to boot into Windows except for gaming! yey :D

the other day i ordered myself a new nvme SSD. i currently have a 250GB SSD as my boot drive. windows/linux have ~115/116GB each. windows has ~40GB free space which is probably fine but the 500GB drive i bought was only £47 so doesn't bother me. plus i've had this 250GB drive for almost 5 years now and it's probably fine but it's a little worn now.

for now i'm going to mess about with Ubuntu a bit more and break/learn things. once i feel more confident with it then i'll swap the drive out. i need to do a clean install of Windows anyway because i'm on the beta channel and MS doesn't seem to want to take me off it despite me unenrolling. and i want to have a clean install with as little shit as possible on it so it's only purely gaming stuff. the less stuff i have on Windows going forward the better.

here is what my desktop currently looks like. i tried to make it resemble Mac OS a little with the dock and the left aligned close/min/max buttons:

Screenshot-from-2022-11-05-15-46-33.png

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
not that anyone cares but an update on my previous post regarding moving to Linux:

installed it on monday and it's now saturday. i think i've booted into Windows maybe 3-4 times this week when i've wanted a few games of Rocket League.

there is still a lot to learn but i'm getting really used to Ubuntu and feel more confident using terminal. on windows i use Affinity Photo which doesn't work on Linux and it seems like G.I.M.P is the best alternative. i really miss the content aware tool. G.I.M.P has a heal/clone tool which kinda does the same thing but it doesn't have as good results. i tried installing some plugins in but for the life of me i can't figure out how to get them working. well, i think i got one installed (resynthesizer) but i have no idea how to use it.

another thing i struggled with was back ups. on windows i used Cobian Reflector to back up everything. i tried Duplicati on ubuntu but it was too complicated. i currently have Grsync which seems to be doing the job.

i tried to set up Wine so i can run windows programs but can't seem to get it working... but it's ok because there isn't really anything i need to run through it. i was going to try run Affinity Photo through it but whatever. So now, i guess i don't have any reason to boot into Windows except for gaming! yey :D

the other day i ordered myself a new nvme SSD. i currently have a 250GB SSD as my boot drive. windows/linux have ~115/116GB each. windows has ~40GB free space which is probably fine but the 500GB drive i bought was only £47 so doesn't bother me. plus i've had this 250GB drive for almost 5 years now and it's probably fine but it's a little worn now.

for now i'm going to mess about with Ubuntu a bit more and break/learn things. once i feel more confident with it then i'll swap the drive out. i need to do a clean install of Windows anyway because i'm on the beta channel and MS doesn't seem to want to take me off it despite me unenrolling. and i want to have a clean install with as little shit as possible on it so it's only purely gaming stuff. the less stuff i have on Windows going forward the better.

here is what my desktop currently looks like. i tried to make it resemble Mac OS a little with the dock and the left aligned close/min/max buttons:

Screenshot-from-2022-11-05-15-46-33.png
I might switch my tower over to SteamOS. My experience on Deck has been phenomenal.

Mistake

If you're uncomfortable sharing what it is, I understand. But I am curious what it is that got broken.
A cheap plastic drill. So cheap the housing for the drill bit was plastic too. Like how tf is plastic going to torque steel? I picked it up and it crumbled. I didn’t even get to use it

Last edited:

GeekyDad

A cheap plastic drill. So cheap the housing for drill bit was plastic too. Like how tf is plastic going to torque steel? I picked it up and it crumbled. I didn’t even get to use it
Is this something your company purchased for you guys to use?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
how easy is it to run non steam games...if you can do that?
to be honest i hardly use steam. i need to access epic, blizzard, gog, league of legends/valorant, origin.
I would stick with windows then. I mean, I know there are workarounds for at least some of those platforms (GOG probably being the easiest to manage).

You can access the desktop on the Deck. IE the standard KDE interface. It's an option to experiment with if you've got a spare computer or are willing to dual boot your main rig. But, for most people, I would still recommend to run Windows for the time being.

Last edited:
I would stick with windows then. I mean, I know there are workarounds for at least some of those platforms (GOG probably being the easiest to manage).

You can access the desktop on the Deck. IE the standard KDE interface. It's an option to experiment with if you've got a spare computer or are willing to dual boot your main rig. But, for most people, I would still recommend to run Windows for the time being.
yeah i think i'm just gonna stick to dual booting. got a bigger ssd to replace my boot drive. i'm going to do a clean install of both ubuntu + windows (can't decide if i should stick with 11 or go back to 10). i've been fucking about with Ubuntu so already feel like i need to do a clean install lol and i want to keep windows purely for gaming.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
yeah i think i'm just gonna stick to dual booting. got a bigger ssd to replace my boot drive. i'm going to do a clean install of both ubuntu + windows (can't decide if i should stick with 11 or go back to 10). i've been fucking about with Ubuntu so already feel like i need to do a clean install lol and i want to keep windows purely for gaming.
There’s a Linux thread in community section if you’re interested.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
You say this as if we are in an energy crisis yet you are sure just horny. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Hey man.. I get it.. No nudes. I'll stop asking ok?

No but seriously. It helps my mental state. My skin is hydrated and smooth af and it keeps my inflammation down. I'm finally at the point i can relax and take slow breaths. Even tho the ground water here at this time of year is close to ice cold. I do have a coping mechanism in form of slow jazz or a podcast lmao.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
no fucking thanks. not here in november. it's fucking cold and it's only going to get colder. may-september was hot/humid as fuck so i was having cold showers then.

Yup like I mentioned it's only getting more and more colder as winter is coming but the benefits sure af make the initial "why am I doing this" worthwhile

Top Bottom