• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
ZRzInXP.png

Yay

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Thinking about renting a server to setup a Mastodon server on and experiment with it, federate with as many quality servers as I can. I want to get it to where mastodon.world is now, but also add a few more features.

GeekyDad

Well yeah. I'm just saying in general it's gotten very expensive
Yup, everything seems to be going up in cost, and going down in availability. That being said, perhaps it will be incentive for folks to get back to basics and eat a more reasonable diet. I've told other folks, including my wife who has a tendency to catch something quick on the way home from work because she's dead-dog tired, to prep their meals the day before. I've been doing it for years now, and though it ain't perfect, it's definitely helped me. Life's always gonna have challenges -- fuckin' always! -- but we gotta take it where we can get it, I think.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
The best thing about Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks are barely working.
I work an "office" job from home. I've had one work message directed to me the past day-and-a-half that wasn't from a colleague shooting the shit, and I answered it in 3 words

Edit: take that back. There was one more message about a person questioning a report. They were wrong though. So two total

Last edited:

dr_octagon

Banned
I work an "office" job from home. I've had one work message directed to me the past day-and-a-half that wasn't from a colleague shooting the shit, and I answered it in 3 words

Edit: take that back. There was one more message about a person questioning a report. They were wrong though. So two total
I have a follow up question on the report. Let's review tomorrow morning, will send you a Teams invite. Danke.

Aussies use of the word "mate" is the most interchangeable colloquialism from any country.

Pissed off – Fuck you mate!
Happy – Bloody well-done mate!
Surprise/Shock – Maaate.
Greeting – How’s it goin’ mate?
Persuasion – Maaate, help us out.
Authoritarian – Not happening mate.
Caring - You alright mate?
Friend = mate.
Guy/girl/LBGBBBBBRRRT/unknown/alien - any can be called mate.
Group of friends = mates.
Someone you hardly know but pay or nab a favour off = true mate.

It just keeps going.

Aussies use of the word "mate" is the most interchangeable colloquialism from any country.

Pissed off – Fuck you mate!
Happy – Bloody well-done mate!
Surprise/Shock – Maaate.
Greeting – How’s it goin’ mate?
Persuasion – Maaate, help us out.
Authoritarian – Not happening mate.
Caring - You alright mate?
Friend = mate.
Guy/girl/LBGBBBBBRRRT/unknown/alien - any can be called mate.
Group of friends = mates.
Someone you hardly know but pay or nab a favour off = true mate.

It just keeps going.
replace mate with cunt and that's scottish ... and Australian too probably lol.

every cunt is a cunt here. you can be a good cunt or a bad cunt.

Last edited:
been thinking of changing my name. well, my middle name. not exactly changing it but adding another one lol.

i guess i'm too bored and have nothing better to do with my life. you know what this started with? trying to make up an email address lmao. yeah i already have an email but i was wanting to change it. every couple years i make a new email. don't ask why i don't know.

the thing is i hate my name and it's 2022 so i can't make a good one without fucking around with it to make it unique. doesn't help i share my full name (excluding middle) with a quite famous person. so most of the time i use my nickname but even that is difficult now because get this... my nick name is similar to TWO quite famous people. i've even had to use my original surname at times. i actually had my surname changed when i was 16 (my parents did it) so i switch between both at times but of course not on legal documents.

so my fucked up thinking was i should change my name and give myself a new middle name so i can come up with a better email address lol. if i had a different middle name i could change things up a bit.

i went as far as checking government websites to see how to do it. it's actually quite easy and cheap. fill in a form and give over my card details. but i'd need to go through the hassle of updating my tax/gov/work details and then update my passport/driving license etc. that's when i saw some sense, gave up the stupid idea, and went outside.

thanks for listening.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
been thinking of changing my name. well, my middle name. not exactly changing it but adding another one lol.

i guess i'm too bored and have nothing better to do with my life. you know what this started with? trying to make up an email address lmao. yeah i already have an email but i was wanting to change it. every couple years i make a new email. don't ask why i don't know.

the thing is i hate my name and it's 2022 so i can't make a good one without fucking around with it to make it unique. doesn't help i share my full name (excluding middle) with a quite famous person. so most of the time i use my nickname but even that is difficult now because get this... my nick name is similar to TWO quite famous people. i've even had to use my original surname at times. i actually had my surname changed when i was 16 (my parents did it) so i switch between both at times but of course not on legal documents.

so my fucked up thinking was i should change my name and give myself a new middle name so i can come up with a better email address lol. if i had a different middle name i could change things up a bit.

i went as far as checking government websites to see how to do it. it's actually quite easy and cheap. fill in a form and give over my card details. but i'd need to go through the hassle of updating my tax/gov/work details and then update my passport/driving license etc. that's when i saw some sense, gave up the stupid idea, and went outside.

thanks for listening.
Unlike your audio, you should not EQ your name.

dr_octagon

Banned

thanks for listening.
Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT is actually called Orenthal James

Top Bottom