• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

mE WAITING FOR THE RE4R DOWNLOAD TO FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

horse-run.gif

So I think my Nintendo Switch has crapped out :(

Tried turning on Wi-Fi to back up my saves but it wouldn't go on. I usually have flight mode on with Bluetooth enabled for my pro controller. Bluetooth is working fine.

I keep getting an error code. Had to connect an Ethernet cable to my dock to get internet. I was going to try delete my Wi-Fi details but the switch ain't picking up any Wi-Fi signal at all.

Also I think the usb port is fucked too. It's charging up but when I put it in the dock it doesn't have any video output. I tried unplugging the hdmi which fixed it but that's a few times it's not turned on. The switch is on because the joycons connect but there is no video.

I'm doing a factory reset right now to see if that helps. If not then I don't know what to do. Either see if Nintendo will fix it out I'll have to buy a new Switch :(
I'm genuinely curious but you should check for a gas leak https://www.britannica.com/science/ethylene
Hmm. Now I think about it my fire alarm did go off for no reason last week. I do have another detector which has been fine and I think that's the one for gas leaks.

Anyway I'm the only one who can smell it apparently lol. It's gone now after I opened the window this morning. Not sure what it was but damn it was awful and woke me up. Well I was kinda awake but once I got a whiff of it I woke up fully lol.

Last edited:
I really don't feel good at all. i've been feeling sick all day. It's not like a cold/flu or that. Well i did have a bit of a headache earlier but I was stressed out. i just don't feel 100% right. I feel fine in a way but i have this awful feeling in my stomach and my mouth/throat feel super dry. i'm going to go to bed early and try sleep it off :messenger_crying:

LostDonkey

Just randomly thought of a show or maybe Manga/Anime I watched about a school for gifted students that was floating in the sky.

The main character was at the school but didn't belong there according to the other students who were stuck up and elite?

Can't remember if I watched it or imagined it. Either way I need to know what it's called.

so i sold my switch and i was going to go out and buy a new one today but i haven't. i remembered there were some rumors about a new model this year (not necessarily Switch 2...which itself should be coming "soon"). i don't know if i should wait for a potential Switch revision. I love the OLED model but i'd be a bit pissed dropping £200+ if there is a new model coming in a matter of months. also i'm thinking should i just wait for Switch 2 and hope/pray that it'll have backwards compatability??

i have some digital games on my Switch but i have botw, animal crossing, switch sports, mario, shin megami tensei v, etc on physical. i reckon if Switch 2 does have BC then it'll be digital only so i'm now trying to decide if i want to sell my Switch games, as i have no Switch, and buy them again digitally when I get a new console.

and I was really enjoying Persona 3 Portable. I miss playing it so maybe I should just get a Switch now lol. The only upcoming game I was planning on buying for my Switch is Tears of the Kingdom which is an absolute must play. I'm not sure if I can wait beyond May to play it....meaning I should get a new Switch asap or at least before May.

now i'm thinking about it and writing it out I know the best option is to get a new console right now. The rumors of a new revision are just rumors and there is nothing known about Switch 2 (if it will even be called Switch). i suppose what is putting me off is that I sold the switch on ebay and i'm worried i'll have to refund it for some reason. i have the money in my bank right now and can afford to buy a new switch but i still haven't sent the switch (waiting on collection).

Last edited:

GeekyDad

It's funny how "intermittent fasting" has become a "modern" way to negotiate diet. But it's not modern, it's not new. It's been around for...ever. We've had a name for it since we started to speak. It's called breakfast. Break fast.

Banned
Just randomly thought of a show or maybe Manga/Anime I watched about a school for gifted students that was floating in the sky.

The main character was at the school but didn't belong there according to the other students who were stuck up and elite?

Can't remember if I watched it or imagined it. Either way I need to know what it's called.

mhhh... maybe ask bing about it and add any info you can remember 🤔

edit: bing spit out the movie Sky High.
2897236e6d82cec081606da3065efbb9.jpg

edit2:
also these
KnLlfuf.jpg

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
It's funny how "intermittent fasting" has become a "modern" way to negotiate diet. But it's not modern, it's not new. It's been around for...ever. We've had a name for it since we started to speak. It's called breakfast. Break fast.
Low IQ take on the subject.

Intermittent fasting is about fasting + calorie control.

Break Fast is completely unrelated.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
It's amazing how a flat piece of paper that don't take much space can still hold valuable information. You can write anything on this 2d, extremely thin object.

I know there are nanochip dinguses that can store gigabytes of data, but my caveman brain can't comprehend this technology enough to appreciate it.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
It's amazing how a flat piece of paper that don't take much space can still hold valuable information. You can write anything on this 2d, extremely thin object.

I know there are nanochip dinguses that can store gigabytes of data, but my caveman brain can't comprehend this technology enough to appreciate it.
I'm still curious about 4D, though.

Like, can I write on a piece of paper to my past self to, "BUY BITCOIN!"

GeekyDad

Low IQ take on the subject.

Intermittent fasting is about fasting + calorie control.

Break Fast is completely unrelated.
No, I don't believe it is. I believe the idea of a short fast each day was a normal thing, hence the name.

The idea just got lost in advertising over the past few hundreds years.

what about second breakfast?
Well, now, hobbits are different. They have to have two breakfasts before elevensies.

Today I had some of the best cake I've ever tasted in my whole damn life but I regret eating it now. I feel sick. I'm not usually an icing person but holy shit that icing was :messenger_ok: Probably overloaded my body with sugar! I don't tend to eat or drink things with a lot of sugar in it. I was tempted to take another slice but talked myself out of it. I'm gonna be dreaming of that cake but it's lethal!

Waiting on my Switch arriving. It's not being delivered until 7-9PM and I need to give them a code. It's 18:20 currently. I should've just got them to deliver it to a pick up location. I'm not going anywhere but I just hate waiting for a delivery lol.

Top Bottom