• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
22:22:22 22:22:22 I tried :messenger_tears_of_joy:

l4aYzNy.jpg

I should've reduced the height. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

It's beyond beautiful 😄

I'm beyond words brother

You're a legend 😎

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Getting old leads to the most random injuries. My rib just randomly started hurting and now there's a sharp pain every time I breathe. Got a heating pad and some ibuprofen going to help the pain.

ferris buellers day off ugh GIF
At 10 years old I jumped from my second floor balcony in a pile of leaves and barely got a sprained ankle.
At 42 during winter I slipped a little on a frozen sidewalk and my left calf muscle was fucked for 2 weeks.

That's just Life giving you a wink :pie_smfaceyes:

i finally signed up for chatgpt to see what the deal is. i suppose it's cool but i can't think of any uses for it. i know what it can do but doesn't benefit me.

oh and i got another pay rise at work yey! got one at the end of January and one just there at the start of April. compared to just 3 months ago i'm getting an extra £117/month.

Last edited:
I think I just lost an hour. I swear the last time I looked at the clock it was ~3PM and now all of a fucking sudden it's 4:22pm.

how the fuck did time go by the fast?

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
The now rebooted Transformers franchise wasn't the best, but I appreciated how the directors properly made it so Optimus Prime did not fuck around for a second.

Sometimes I get the urge to just crash the car at high speed. Like a subconscious urge to yank the wheel.

I don't know why.

I like my car.
Call of the void?

I was driving 90mph recently (straight, long, empty road for miles, with no speed cameras) and all i could think about was if i turned the wheel or let go i'd be dead. doing 70mph on more twisted narrow roads was terrifying and i knew if i was not 100% concentrating then i'd likely smash into a tree/rock and end up in the water. driving is crazy how close to death you are at any point.

LostDonkey

Call of the void?

I was driving 90mph recently (straight, long, empty road for miles, with no speed cameras) and all i could think about was if i turned the wheel or let go i'd be dead. doing 70mph on more twisted narrow roads was terrifying and i knew if i was not 100% concentrating then i'd likely smash into a tree/rock and end up in the water. driving is crazy how close to death you are at any point.

Yeah that's the feeling. I knew it had a name.

It's quite a regular thing.

Banned
Sometimes I get the urge to just crash the car at high speed. Like a subconscious urge to yank the wheel.

I don't know why.

I like my car.

Call of the void?

Yeah that's the feeling. I knew it had a name.

It's quite a regular thing.

that's actually why people are afraid of heights. it's not the actual height or fear of accidentally falling off the edge that scares people, it's the subconscious thought "I could jump off... it would be super easy to just jump off that edge right there... I could just take one step over there and I'm dead"

that's what makes people afraid off heights. might be an instinctive thing, like the brain scaring you from going near that ledge

GeekyDad

At 10 years old I jumped from my second floor balcony in a pile of leaves and barely got a sprained ankle.
At 42 during winter I slipped a little on a frozen sidewalk and my left calf muscle was fucked for 2 weeks.

That's just Life giving you a wink :pie_smfaceyes:
Unfortunately, that kid'll be feeling that fall in about 32 years. You and I both know that. I'm reaping a lot of the stupid shit I did as a kid.

I really want to go see Paramore next week but only shitty expensive seat tickets are available. I hope someone will sell a standing ticket. I hate their new album but still want to see them live.

GeekyDad

It was just sunlight in the restaurant. I don't know why my old-ass iPhone decided to make it look like I was dining in a late 2000's night club.
Oh, so then you didn't cook those potatoes? In that case, I will make a criticism. Those are way undercooked. No crispiness or texture at all.

BadBurger

Oh, so then you didn't cook those potatoes? In that case, I will make a criticism. Those are way undercooked. No crispiness or texture at all.

You can't see them all, but yes they were unevenly cooked - some had crispy sides, some didn't, but they were all at least cooked through (all were soft through the middle). They still tasted good so I didn't complain.

Eh, I was planning on going on a 30 day sober break. I'm home alone tonight, bored. I made it two weeks.

Whiskey sours is my lady!

I went months without a drink, then I also got bored and had a week on the bourbons. Back to hardly drinking in the interest of eating/living better and keep on trimming down the weight. The weight of getting old and slow.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The Los Angeles Lakers are winning the NBA championship and I can't be convinced otherwise. LET'S GOOOOOOOO!

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
i LOVE 80s funk and disco. There's something about those authentic, groovy beats that puts you into a genuine state of euphoria.

I think the sound of this type of music, the strings, the bass, euphoric sound, feeling of 80s nostalgia... it's all why Future Funk is so popular these days but it's not good enough, especially how considering most of it isn't even original as much as it is remixed versions of this type of music. We need a revival of this shit

Last edited:

BadBurger

I went months without a drink, then I also got bored and had a week on the bourbons. Back to hardly drinking in the interest of eating/living better and keep on trimming down the weight. The weight of getting old and slow.

I don’t have a hangover, but I am dragging enough that I am definitely going to go the full 30 this time, at least. Getting too old for this shit. And I only had three small whiskey sours and a sip of this new rum we got. In college that would have been like an appetizer before heading out.

i always thought it was silly to drink vodka/whisky with ice. i always drank them without ice but just tried it and omg. why did i never try this before?

this isn't good for me. i really shouldn't be drinking more vodka or whisky :messenger_tears_of_joy:

BadBurger

i always thought it was silly to drink vodka/whisky with ice. i always drank them without ice but just tried it and omg. why did i never try this before?

this isn't good for me. i really shouldn't be drinking more vodka or whisky :messenger_tears_of_joy:
You can get a shaker with a strainer like mine. Just shake it with ice, it pours out ice cold. No having to worry about your drink getting watered down by melting ice.

Top Bottom