• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

I'd be peeling oranges for a hour while wearing a bra. Perhaps I'll take a poop in a bucket
tenor.gif

After almost 2 years, I just found out the name of the road outside my house. That's what I get for using Apple Maps :messenger_tears_of_joy: Just kidding because I still use Google Maps sometimes and this is the first I've noticed a name. There is no signs up outside to say what it's called. I've always wondered what it's called! Apparently, only Google knows the name of it. I don't know if it's always been called this or if it's just been named.

Sometimes when I get a taxi home or order stuff online they come to the back road because that's where their GPS points them to but the address I give is actually on the otherside of the house and you need to take another road and drive away around (it's about a 5 minute walk). That's why I park at the back of the house because it's quicker to access. The address I use as my home address should really direct people to the otherside. I've seen taxi drivers GPS and it points them to the back road so it's not like they are being lazy like me and taking the quicker route.

So I guess I have two completely different addresses! Well, the only thing they have in common is the house number. One is "41 Main Street" and the other is "41 Station Road" (obviously not my real address lol).

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Random thought one: I don't think I've ever met a violent stoner

Two: was running errands near my old office, decided to grab lunch at a reliable Yamachen I used to hit up once a week. They remembered me, gave me an order of spring rolls on the house, but I came for the chicken yakisoba

XwGho7b.jpg

A continuation of my last post....still got a headache from smoke. I was at a friends garden party and I don't know what the fuck they were burning in the fire. I usually love the smell of a fire but holy shit that was awful. My lungs feel fucked too.

Last night I had to down painkillers and go to bed early because I felt sick. Woke up today and still got a sore head.

Reminds me of smoking cigarettes. I honestly don't know how people can smoke. I mean, I like smoking but I couldn't deal with the constant headaches, sickness, and the lingering smell.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Chinese spy technology: exists

The US government: OMG ALIENS ARE REAL

These UAP'S are just reversed engineered technology which is perhaps/most likely multiple decades old ie: scraps/hand me downs gained by some, well, let call it a neutral "trade" through certain entities

MSN. YouTube, Tiktok you name it are indeed capturing these UAP's. I'm not persuaded these are alien in the sense of there essence.

I'd rather look into ultra and crypto terrestrials playing a part in this.

And let's not forget the alien hypothesis that's been programmed into your collective psyche due to consistent predictive programming. It's a spiderweb for sure

Last edited:

GeekyDad

Mmm... soba noodles.
Salivating Homer Simpson GIF
Yeah... :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Shopping for media shelves suck. They’re all cheap and require assembly. I guess I’ll just use the drawers in my media center.

Makes me miss Pier 1. We've gotten some pretty decent stuff from them over the years. After Covid, I haven't seen any shops around. Don't know if the company no longer exists, or just locations nearby went OOB. I know it wasn't top-tier stuff, but for middle class, I always felt I got my money's worth.

My daughter works at Home Goods. You could try them if you have one nearby. It seems to be like a cross between Pier 1 and a yard sale. Their stock is always rotating, with some surprisingly good stuff at discount prices. I mainly ask her to look out for good quality pots and pans for us, but I've seen some good quality furniture pieces there as well.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Yeah... :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Makes me miss Pier 1. We've gotten some pretty decent stuff from them over the years. After Covid, I haven't seen any shops around. Don't know if the company no longer exists, or just locations nearby went OOB. I know it wasn't top-tier stuff, but for middle class, I always felt I got my money's worth.

My daughter works at Home Goods. You could try them if you have one nearby. It seems to be like a cross between Pier 1 and a yard sale. Their stock is always rotating, with some surprisingly good stuff at discount prices. I mainly ask her to look out for good quality pots and pans for us, but I've seen some good quality furniture pieces there as well.

We had several in my area. They all recently went out of business. And I agree.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Any idea how i can just use the GAF app without it going through duckduckgo?

Every time i use an other app and return it sends to the home screen of GAF instead of where i left of using chrome.

Help!

Edit opening in app seems to work

Last edited:

Every time i use an other app and return it sends to the home screen of GAF instead of where i left of using chrome.

Help!

there is an app? do you mean a web app?

why is it going through DDG?

i'm confused

Last edited:
Say I'm here typing. And i get an alarm set off or something. When i return to GAF it returns me to the front page instead of right here where i was.
I don't know if you're fucking with me or if I'm too drunk.

Neogaf doesn't have an app. Aren't you using a browser to access it? If an alarm goes off it shouldn't affect your browser.

If you're on a PC then i know you can create a web app but it's still just the website you're accessing.

Last edited:

Nydius

Decided to see what all the fuss was with people whining about LIV Golf and watched the replay of the second round at Adelaide. It was fine. I actually rather liked the differences and think they'll do a better job attracting younger viewers with these changes than baseball will with theirs.

The bickering between PGA Tour and LIV Golf made me think of this. Comparison seems pretty apt. Neither organization are angels.

O8MeHDb.jpg

GeekyDad

Help!

Laughing on my behalf are you GeekyDad GeekyDad

Just you wait

Shining Jack Nicholson GIF
I just instantly identified with your post, and chuckled. I do that all the time, ask for help, and then "oh, there it is." :messenger_grinning_smiling:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I just instantly identified with your post, and chuckled. I do that all the time, ask for help, and then "oh, there it is." :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Nah it still doesnt work. When i open the NeoGaf app it'll open via the duckduckgo broswer.

Looked in the settings of duckduckgo for "open in app" Very annoying..

Last edited:
Top Bottom