• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

GeekyDad

Im at the Mandrake in akihabara on vacation right now.

One of the staff is quite tall and walking around in a full zero suit Samus cosplay.

What I'm having is not necessarily a thought, and definitely not random. Thank you. Goodbye.
dafuq, man. Pics or it didn't happen!

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Playing Operation in my ear canal with the thumb rest of a Nintendo 3DS stylus. These things should've put Q-tips out of business.

614I-QrVvXL.jpg

Last edited:

Crayon

Well, sounds like a great time, either way.

Where did you travel from to get to Japan?

We're from the San Francisco area. We went once before like 5 years ago and loved it. My globe trotting friend just married a woman from Japan so we are out again to celebrate. :) Actually flying back home later tonight.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
How many bug bites (and how concentrated over the body), would you consider to be "covered in bug bites"

This mostly refers to mosquito bites.
🤔 I'd say five, say one on each limb and a bonus necker on average.

The qualifier for using "covered", which is figurative in my case, would be how often I'm scratching, and five would be like playing scratch-a-mole.

My bluetooth earphones have been sounding shit recently and the battery life feels worse. I've had them less than 3 years. Is this how long they last before the sound and battery gets shit?

I tried checking my spotify settings incase the sound quality had been changed. My headphones still sound great so it's not my ears. I know batteries degrade and the batteries in earphones are tiny but do I really need to ditch these earphones now and get another pair? I charged my earphones up the other day and already the case is at 30% and my earphones won't charge beyond 70%.

I can still use them but I don't think they'll last much longer. I have my headphones which I use with bluetooth but they can use a 3.5mm jack so if the batteries die I should hopefully be able to still use them. Maybe I should go back to wired headphones because I really don't like the idea of buying wireless earphones every few years and not being able to replace the batteries or recycle them easily. I hate technology that is disposable

IF i did buy new earphones I'd probably get Airpods. I do have some old USB-c earphones but i have an iPhone lol.

My internet went out RIGHT BEFORE I started my long holiday weekend. Sigh
How bad is it?

My internet cuts out for a bit now and then but usually it goes up after a couple hours. Last time it went out it was out for a week but that was a faulty modem.

Hope it's up soon. No internet sucks.

Celcius

°Temp. member
How bad is it?

My internet cuts out for a bit now and then but usually it goes up after a couple hours. Last time it went out it was out for a week but that was a faulty modem.

Hope it's up soon. No internet sucks.
It’s been two hours so far, but I guess in the grand scheme of things not the end of the world.

It’s been two hours so far, but I guess in the grand scheme of things not the end of the world.
Stupid question but have you tried turning it off and on again?

Have you checked your ISPs status page to see if there are any local issues or ran a test through their website? My ISP lets me run a test to check the modem.

Today has been a fucking stressful day. Had to rush my cat to the vet this morning. I'm out a lot of money but that's not important. I'm just glad she is OK. For a while I thought she was going to die. Poor little thing she is still all doped up and walking about like she's drunk! She's safe now so that's all that matters.

Can relax now. Got some beers, music, and games.

It's starting to get hot here now where I need to run my fan! It's been sitting unused for about 8-9 months. Literally had to dust it off! This week it's only to get warmer.

I'm glad it's warmer but I'm dreading June- august.

Hope it doesn't like you and it's gone soon.

I got a massive case of laryngitis (throat infection?) like 2 weeks before Covid hit. Nothing since then.

Get well soon brother.
I don't know if it's COVID. Not done a test yet but I don't feel right. Could be nothing but if it gets bad I'll do a test. Could just be the heat :messenger_tears_of_joy: I felt absolutely fine until about 10AM.

I do hope it's not COVID because last time I had it was fucking awful.

I just realised that as of today I have the most money that I've ever owned in my entire life. I am by no means rich or have an amazing paying job and while it is a lot of money it's also not a lot. I know it could all be gone real fucking fast but still it's crazy to think that.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I just realised that as of today I have the most money that I've ever owned in my entire life. I am by no means rich or have an amazing paying job and while it is a lot of money it's also not a lot. I know it could all be gone real fucking fast but still it's crazy to think that.
You’re also the oldest you’ve ever been. Geriatric.

Top Bottom