• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the collection of all 2023 PS Plus Monthly games

Rate the 2023 monthly games

• Crazy value, it was a steal

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Good value, played most of them

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • It's a mixed bag, some are good, some are inferior

Votes: 41 50.6%
  • I only sub for cloud save and online multiplayers

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • It was not worth the subscription, I will not renew next year

Votes: 19 23.5%

• Total voters
Folks, rate.

VRzDxA9.jpg

Mowcno

Pretty good for just the essential tier. Amazes me people were saying "as bad as games with gold" recently. People must have short term memory for how truly atrocious GWG was.

fSC3IH0.jpg

5tTVGXr.jpg

But apparently a month with a AAA game that's less than 6 months old is the worst month ever! Sure people have different likes and it may be a game you don't want to play personally but gees.

Callisto Protocol and Lego 2K Drive are two big gets. Recent games on the lowest end subscription.

Voted mixed bag because that's the most accurate and I certainly didn't "play most of them."

Last edited:

Fbh

Some good months, some bad months but overall it was decent.
I only ended up playing like 3 of them though(Callisto, Chivalry, and Aliens)

Still, I wish there was some $20-30 a year option that just included multiplayer and cloud saves.

Markio128

There are some decent games in there, but as someone who buys the games I want on release, like with any subscription service, I have limited interest in the offerings.

There are some decent games in there, but as someone who buys the games I want on release, like with any subscription service, I have limited interest in the offerings.

Yeah, that was my problem too. There are some good games like Mafia, Jedi, Weird West, etc. But because they were good games that means I most likely had already bought them, so the subscription don't really offer much values for me.

Some good months, some bad months but overall it was decent.
I only ended up playing like 3 of them though(Callisto, Chivalry, and Aliens)

Still, I wish there was some $20-30 a year option that just included multiplayer and cloud saves.
Exactly what I need because like I said, more often than not I had already bought the monthly games if they were any good.

Camreezie

C+

- Callisto Protocol
- Saints Row
- Call of Duty Cold War
- Sackboy
- Alan Wake Remastered
- Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

They could do a lot better but those are some decent value games

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Probably a C or C-

I'm glad I bailed on it. This was my 1st year off PS+ in 6 years. I had most of the stuff bought already that is good. But a C is not a F or anything. There's multiple solid games and the price is cheaper than buying them all. I do have to say that for some reason I was under the impression essential was doing really well for several months. This isnt as good as my memory was imagining it.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
For me, there’s enough there to justify the cost but nothing that I’d miss terribly. Aliens: Fireteam Elite is proving to be a heck-load of fun though.

Like any sub service, the idea isn’t to provide YOU with a selection that you’ll want to play every single one of, but to ensure that everyone has enough games they enjoy that they’ll continue to sub. To that end, I think it meets its goal - but only barely, and not enough to justify the price increase.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
During my membership, I couldn't play any of the "free" games, and now they appear locked among the games I've purchased, which is quite frustrating. I don't think it was a bad year overall, but we've seen better years.

Leonidas

Virtually useless to me, I only care about the exclusives on PS. If a game is on PC (and most, if not all of those were) I'd rather play it there...

Last edited:

Field

Only played Callisto Protocol so not really worth it for me. Some other good games but I had already played them.

Crayon

Yup that's the issue. That is a nice enough set of games to sweeten the online ransome but I'm busy playing the games I actually bought so that effectively makes everything there "not for me". I can see several games I'd like to try if I wanted to make even more time to play games. (I think I make plenty as it is)

Markio128

Yup that's the issue. That is a nice enough set of games to sweeten the online ransome but I'm busy playing the games I actually bought so that effectively makes everything there "not for me". I can see several games I'd like to try if I wanted to make even more time to play games. (I think I make plenty as it is)
At the end of the day, I work pretty hard for my money, so I feel like I deserve freedom of choice, rather than the force-fed nature of subs.

bender

What time is it?
Here's what I played (finished games are bolded):

Jedi: Fallen Order: C
Axiom Verge 2: C
Evil Dead: F-
Olli Olli: C
Mafia: C
Minecraft Dungeons: D (played on Game Pass previously)

Code Vein: D (played via Game Pass previously)
Meet Your Maker: B
Sackboy Adventures: C
Trails of Iron: C
Descenders: A
Trek to Yomi: C (played via Game Pass previously)

Alan Wake: C
Dreams: B (already owned)
Death's Door: C
Saints Row: F--
Generation Zero: F
Callisto Protocol: D
Weird West: B
Aliens: C (played via Game Pass previously)
Powerwash Simulator: B (already owned and currently playing)
Sable: C (played via Game Pass previously)

Will try 2K Drive.

I'd say it's a solid list from the standpoint that I wanted to try out over half the titles. There weren't a lot of titles in the list that I loved or finished. On the flipside, there are only a few that I found truly fucking awful. The list also has some pretty good variety. The value does decrease a bit if you have Game Pass as a lot of the available titles that I tried out were available there first.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Only good games to me in that list are Sackboy and Descenders. That’s why I haven’t subscribed to Plus for years.

Lupin25

B-

They have some good stuff on there:

- Callisto Protocol
- Stars Wars Jedi Survivor
- Weird West
- Death’s Door
- Alan Wake (Remastered)

They need to up the score a bit though personally. PS Plus is the only tier worth it.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Jedi, Alanwake, deaths door, and weird west- already bought them and enjoyed when they came to ps plus.

Besides axiom verge 2,Olli olli,sable and maybe mafia 3 I don't know if I'll play any thing else.

C- or D+ year for me

StueyDuck

i don't think people actually know how much games cost...

like if we are going purely on how much money you spend on PS plus and how much those games cost that is a ridiculously good selection (remembering they are yours to keep so long as you remain subbed and they aren't going to disappear in a couple of months)

Anyone thinking this and any other year of Plus wasn't good value is imho just edgy stupid.
Sure, it comparatively is not be the best year ever, compared with the 2+2+2 trio we got for a while, so it is factually less quantity, and some focus of big hitters was moved towards Extra, so subjectively also less, and the price increase certainly can't possibly improve the offer, but any flatrate beside abandoned GWG is just good value. Gold Games were probably the first bargain bin bundle that was comparable with some good quality stuff but iirc did not come out with partially still fresh games.
It might not be for you due to your buying habits and narrow preferences for only Cod and Fifa or whatever, and or you might want a Plus pure/basic/core with only MP unlocked, maybe the tier system should be generally more flexible, eg. also for only PC players (I assume they exist) who get less, but pay the same, but anyone calling it trash has an obnoxiously hyberbolic way to voice their weird opinion.

Killjoy-NL

Personally, if it wasn't for online multiplayer, PS+ would be a waste of money.

Rarely do I add a game to my library and I didn't even bother to install the few games I've added.

Couldn't even care less about cloud-saving. I find it even annoying due to the error-notification that pop-up on-screen.

It's not realistic to please everybody every month, but i think there's been some genuinely good games given away this year, I'd probably give it an A overall but would say it's close to an A+ for the year.

Top Bottom