• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the Nintendo Direct

Rate the Nintendo Direct

Votes: 25 8.1%

Votes: 42 13.6%

Votes: 55 17.8%

Votes: 39 12.6%

Votes: 40 12.9%

Votes: 29 9.4%

Votes: 26 8.4%

Votes: 27 8.7%

Votes: 9 2.9%

Votes: 17 5.5%

• Total voters

MirageMew2

SCttLSQ.jpg

/10

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Ports/10

I would like to know how many of you are actually genuinely going to play Metroid Prime on Switch anywhere outside of your home, not that you might, that you will

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Pros: octopath 2 demo, new layton

Cons: expansion passes, remasters

Meh/10

Portugeezer

3/10

Mostly expansion shit and DLC shit, Metroid Prime Remaster is nice but looks worse than Dolphin emulation... Zelda short trailer was a slap in the face after 42 mins of crap, the trailer itself also wasn't good.

NanaMiku

Pretty happy with the Direct. Sure many remake/remaster, but all are great games
Ghost Trick
Baten Kaitos
Etrian Odyssey
Metroid Prime 1

Zelda trailer was pretty standard

Pretty surprised with so many Level 5 announcement:
Professor Layton new game
Decapolice
Fantasy Life

Also new IP from Square Enix
Panoramasight

Xenoblade 3 DLC also got shown, the story DLC will be the prequel. Nice

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
I'm giving it a 6

Pikmin 4
Prime Remaster shadow drop
Zelda

all elevated it, but holy hell there was a lot of DLC

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Jesus, I really liked it. Usually I'm the Debbie Downer here. I won't get Zelda but if my issues with BOTW are somewhat negated, I'll get it.

Also Kirby
Hungry Watermelon GIF
Nintendo Eating GIF
tired kirby GIF

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Shifty1897

Also gave it a 9. Star Fox, F Zero, or a new Extreme Sports game (Wave Race, 1080, Excite) would have made it a 10.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Ports, DLC passes, and Zelda coasting.

I think besides Zelda there is no big games to worry about atm.

MagnesD3

Gave it a 3.

Man, we used to get some ok directs sometimes, it feels like its been a long time since there was a good one. The best thing was the Metroid Prime Re shadow drop but its another old game that honestly doesnt need it even though it does look cool. If it were a Kid Icarus Uprising Remaster it would at least have Value due to the wrist problems on the 3DS but im pretty sick of seeing old games, games you dont get to own, anime games, half baked DLC or basic farm/sim/town crap. I wish there was just more new stuff. Still no 3d Mario, still tons of old amazing IP oil just sitting in the ground waiting to be mined out. Sigh. Smash Ultimate really carried most of the directs huh lol. Oh and uh Pikmin 4 added a dog, kewl I guess.

Last edited:

Sojiro

Personally a 9, Pikmin 4 footage looked great, Splatoon 3 Expansion, Metroid Prime 4 shadow drop, Etrian Odyssey bundle, new fantasy life, and the Zelda trailer were the real highlights for me. Also cool was GB/GBA for Nintendo online, Advance Wars release date (even though it should have been out by now), and the new track being made for MK8 wave 4, which looked fantastic. Lots of stuff in that direct I want to play, another good one for me.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
4/10, 5 if I'm being generous. Greedy Metroid port, Zelda underwhelming as hell, and the rest was pretty much trash. Pikmin looks alright I guess.

But I also just can't really feel excited about anything running on this incredibly outdated mobile hardware anymore. I NEED that Switch 2 yesterday.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
8/10
Pikmin 4
Gameboy/Advance
Metroid Fucking Prime
Advance Wars is alive
Zelda looks like it will allow you to modify traversal

Romulus

Kinda hard to be excited about ancient mobile hardware games when console gamers have decent hardware now and even really competent VR headsets, even steam deck. Just so many options that you pretty much need nonstop incredible games to keep switch relevant

Last edited:
Liked the Zelda and Prime trailers. I also really dug that Dead Cells Castlevania DLC. I'm probably going to grab that at some point providing it's well priced.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Gave it a 3.

Man, we used to get some ok directs sometimes, it feels like its been a long time since there was a good one. The best thing was the Metroid Prime Re shadow drop but its another old game that honestly doesnt need it even though it does look cool. If it were a Kid Icarus Uprising Remaster it would at least have Value due to the wrist problems on the 3DS but im pretty sick of seeing old games, games you dont get to own, anime games, half baked DLC or basic farm/sim/town crap. I wish there was just more new stuff. Still no 3d Mario, still tons of old amazing IP oil just sitting in the ground waiting to be mined out. Sigh. Smash Ultimate really carried most of the directs huh lol. Oh and uh Pikmin 4 added a dog, kewl I guess.
Mario will probably be for Xmas. Pretty sure the current Mario product they will focus on is the release of the movie in theaters.

anab0lic36

Went in with low expectations, still left disappointed. Mostly a DLC and remake compilation.

Watching this makes me realize that switching to mostly playing tabletop games, where that industry is thriving right now, was the right move. So little creativity and innovation happening in the video game space nowadays, remakes galore, and the new stuff really isn't new, its mostly just a retheme of something that was done before... and to make matters worse, usually with significantly dumbed down, devoid of any real challenge gameplay.

Top Bottom