• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REAL Media Create Charts: 24 - 30 July

cvxfreak

heavenly said:
Irregardless, ioi wins the battle because ALLP is getting all worked up over this for nothing. It's not that serious. ioi's site is better than yours. Let's see your site?

Well, ioi has taken this to PM. Which is the good way to go.

heavenly

AniHawk said:
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHH!!

non-game slang, nahmean? Englos my 10th langose. Don't hate it, even if it's archaic. But if the dictionary displays it, then I okayz it. Alright, Chief?!

ethelred

heavenly said:
non-game slang, nahmean? Englos my 10th language. Don't hate it, even if it's archaic. But if the dictionary displays it, then I okayz it. Alright, Chief?!

Never, ever post again.

heavenly

A Link to the Past said:

Ooooh, you're pimping your site on neoGAF!

But, yep, I was right. His sight is much better than your's...atleast aesthetically. My goodness, your site is such an eyesore. You need a disclaimer on the front page of your site that tells everyone how much your site's aesthetics sucks.

heavenly said:

But, yep, I was right. His sight is much better than your's...atleast aesthetically. My goodness, your site is such an eyesore. You need a disclaimer on the front page of your site that tells everyone how much your site's aesthics is awful.

Pimping?

Hmm...

0 people asked ioi to link to his site

1 person asked me to link to my site.

So, who exactly is pimping? I was answering your question.

And on the matter of aesthetics, I wholeheartedly agree with you. However, the owner of the web site likes it that way and the readers seem to enjoy the site's design, but I appreciate your comments.

However, we do have a large array of content, and have just recently acquired a large handful of guides and are in works on a major improvement to the web site. Developers seem to enjoy our web site, as several have not only added us to their press release list, but to their press copy list (which is a list of companies that get review copies from them).

heavenly

Actually, I was being facetious. Who cares if someone links to their own personal site to provide information. As long they're not spaming, I could care less.

Honestly, I give kudos to anyone, including you, who works hard on a website to provide gaming afficianados a wealth of info. I just like using ioi's graph/game comparison feature. That's some great stuff.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
LanceStern said:
I hate to ride a dead horse, but it becomes a problem with massively viewed sites such as Wikipedia are spreading the numbers without letting people know they are estimates.

Therefore there will be a whole bunch of people running around thinking they have correct numbers, when in fact, they are basically just guesses, whether you try to look at trends or not.

The main concern of mine is with the "OTHER" numbers for the Gamecube and DS titles. There's no way he could accurately get the sales trends/estimates for those titles, so it just turns out to be WAGs and thereby misleading, especially in regards to million sellers and profit etc.

Oh well...
Oh, only Gamecube and DS titles? It seems you troll Nintendo as much as you can.

ioi

Banned
A Link to the Past said:

Generic bs news / reviews site for the win!!

A Link to the Past said:
I continuously say, "why does ioi refuse to say that they are estimates?"

Because in the sense you are talking about, most of the data is not estimated, it is based directly on data from the sources you have listed yourself. In the absolute sense of the word, all data whether from publishers / NPD / MC / Famitsu / Chart Track are ESTIMATES, educated postulations of how much a game may have sold based on raw data, exactly the same as is done on VGCharts. The advantage I have in Japanese sales, as I said in the post I linked to before, is HINDSIGHT. I can go back and adjust my data, tracking firms cannot, so any errors they have cannot be repaired. I am not trying to take on tracking firms or anything else, merely exercising the advantage that I (we) have to post-adjust the data when more information becomes available. I'm not making up / guessing / inventing / misleading.

I've said this a million times but you still don't listen

WORLDWIDE SHIPMENTS ARE REAL, NOT ESTIMATES. THEY ARE WHAT IS REPORTED BY THE PUBLISHERS, THIS IS WHAT IS REPRODUCED ON WIKIPEDIA AND I DON'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT. I AM NOT ESTIMATING THE TOTAL DATA, JUST THE BREAKDOWN BY REGION IN SOME CASES WHERE NA / JAPANESE SHIPMENTS ARE NOT MADE AVAILABLE.

AMERICAN DATA IS NPD DATA SCALED UP. ALL GAMES ARE SCALED UP BY 5% SO RELATIVELY THEY ARE ALL EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE NPD DATA. NO GAME HAS AN ADVANTAGE OVER ANOTHER, THE RELATIVE SALES ARE EXACTLY WHAT NPD REPORT, JUST THE ACTUAL VALUES ARE HIGHER.

JAPANESE DATA IS PRIMARILLY AVERAGED FROM MC / FAM / DENGEKI AND WHERE SHIPMENT DATA IS AVAILABLY, ADJUSTED TO BETTER REFLECT (NOT EQUAL, BUT BETTER REFLECT) THIS DATA. THIS IS MAINLY DONE WITH OLDER GAMES, RECENT GAMES ARE ADJUSTED VERY LITTLE IF AT ALL. THIS IS MORE AIMED AT SITUATIONS LIKE IN THE MID 90S WHEN A GAME WOULD SHIP 1.1m AND SUPPOSEDLY ONLY SELL THROUGH 600k, WHICH IS DOWN TO ERRORS IN THE TRACKING AND NOT THAT 500k OF THE GAME WASN'T SOLD.

WHAT EXACTLY IS IT THAT YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH?

ioi

Banned
You made a good post so I'll address your points in turn

Jonnyram said:
There's lots of good arguments being made both for and against ioi's theories. I also appreciate the effort that ioi puts into making all this happen, but my personal opinion is that his effort is wasted because of the inaccuracy of the data. This may be a clever way to avoid copyright issues, since his data doesn't match any of the research groups', but that's not my concern.

You've hit the nail on the head in some ways, avoiding copyright is obviously a major concern on a site such as VGCharts. And my personal feeling is that i don't want to just 'copy' other data, especially if in some cases I can see a flaw in it.

Jonnyram said:
The main cause of inaccuracy is the theory that shipped = sold. This is surely true for a number of games, but it is also totally untrue for a number of other games.

Agreed 100%. I think most games it is a fair assumption, but definitely not all.

Jonnyram said:
I'll show two opposite examples to make my point. One is the successful game with long legs that hangs around the bottom half of the top 50 for a few years. Shipped =/= sold in this case, because stores have a large amount of stock of said game. When the game does eventually stop selling, the stock remains in stores. You can go into a store in Japan and find multiple copies of games like Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros., Final Fantasy X, Dragon Quest VIII.

I don't fully agree with this one, since surely stores are in a better position to judge how many of a game to keep ordering in since it's sales are very predictable and uniform? I agree there will be some stock, but I can't image huge amounts as you suggest. 10-50k maybe? I'd also suggest that none of the games you mentioned (apart from perhaps Smash Bros) had particularly long legs. Mario Sunshine was a bit of a failure, FFX has had Greatest Hits releases and DQVIII isn't that old. Maybe they were just examples, but I was referring more to games like Mario Kart 64, Smash Bros 64, Gran Turismo etc. It's still a little too early to judge 'final sales' on titles like those you mentioned.

Jonnyram said:
The second example is the failure. Lots of orders are made by stores, lots of copies are pressed, and right now, the unsold software is sitting in storage somewhere, waiting to be either sold off at ridiculously cheap prices some day in the future, or disposed of entirely. If a 7000 yen game is sold off for 500 yen to get rid of stock, should its sales be counted at the same rate as a full price game? The research groups can't really track this data, as it's spurious, so it's not covered anyway, but equating shipped with sold will include junk like this, which demeans the value of the data.

I agree completely with this one, but to be honest we would be unlikely to get shipment figures released for a game like this (since it's a failure) and it's very unlikely I'd adjust a game like this from the standard averaged MC / Fam / Deng figures.

Jonnyram said:
With these points made, I focus again on ioi's data. He has stated himself, that his figures are an average of the different research groups' adjusted to be closer to shipment figures. This "adjustment" may work for companies that supply their shipment figures, but for those that don't, this "adjustment" is nothing more than a blind assumption. Not only is this adjustment based on an idea that is incorrect (that sales = shipments), but it's being applied uniform across the board for games that he doesn't have shipment data for.

The adjustements are only normally made for the big games which are selling well and that we get shipment data for. If I don't get shipment data for a game, how do I know what to adjust it by? There are some cases (again early SNES games) where we know that all other games are tracking, say, only 60% of the real figures so in cases like that I may scale any SNES games by some averaged scaling value, in cases where that game's shipments are not explicitly available.

Jonnyram said:
The people who don't put faith in ioi's data, the people who like to follow Media Create, or Enterbrain, or MediaWorks data do so because it is a single path of accuracy - any errors Media Create or whoever will make, will be relative only to that path, and can be spotted when compared with other researchers.

Well that's exactly what vgcharts does, smooths out these errors and discrepancies. It deos the comparison work for you and saves you from having to compare yourself.

Jonnyram said:
Significant figures are counted because we like the only data source we have to be as accurate as possible. Get sloppy and mistakes multiply, making bigger discrepancies in the data.

Indeed, but 10 copies on a scale of 2-3 million is insignificant and really not worth worrying about. The data is probably onlu accurate to the nearest 50k anyway.

Jonnyram said:
I personally just feel that ioi's efforts would be so much more useful if he actually directed them towards accuracy.

That's the whole point of adjusting and averaging the data- to ensure they are as accurate as possible.

Jonnyram said:
As it stands now, ioi makes his own numbers using his own theories and they cannot be relied upon.

Well of course you are more than fair in having that opinion, but as other people have said if you found out what 'theories' the professional tracking firms use then you'd probably be shocked!! At least I am transparent with my methods, I spend a lot more time on here explaining what I do and how I do it, and I don't get paid to do so like Famitsu / MC.

Jonnyram said:
The DS life to date thread showed that even using his 5%+ mechanism, some of his data is still less than Media Create has on file. This is even after he's included his "adjustment" to bring sales closer to shipments.

Well I have yet to go back and include your Media Create data. The main reason for discrepancies is that most of the DS sales will be based on Famitsu data. We don't generally get MC data beyond the top 10, and until recently we had famitsu top 100s for the month. This means that once a game drops out of the top 10 (say Castlevania) the data i have is based purely on Famitsu. If MC have been tracking higher (as it seems they have) then I need to (and am in the process of) going back and add the mc data to the calculations. This, if anything, only bolsters my methods further and shows the differences we get between Famitsu and MC data.

Jonnyram said:
How can the data be relied upon when discrepancies like this occur.

Because as I explained, I am in the process of recalculating data we now have LTD MC numbers for, as is my commitment to having the most accurate data available on the site.

Jonnyram said:
He just has no way to track sales of games when they've fallen from the charts, so the adjustment is not compensating correctly. People who follow the raw data from Media Create simply wait until we have an opportunity to see the current data, rather than making blind assumptions.

All I have is data like that which you have posted. None of us can track when games drop off the charts, I interpolate from the data we get, fill in the blanks. This is where the 'estimates' come in. For example, we may know a game sold 5k in May in 4 weeks, so I'll just fit the weekly sales to that (1.5k, 1.25k, 1.25k, 1k for example), looking at how the game sells in June as well to make sure i have the drop-off about right and so on. If course none of those values are 'correct' but they are surely close enough, and the important thing is that the LTD at the end of May is correct surely, not how we got there.

Jonnyram said:
Long post, I know. I just felt like clarifying my stance on ioi's work.
His self-promotion is another thing entirely ;)

I'm glad you did, and it is one of the more sensible 'criticisms' of the site. Hopefully I've addressed some of the points for everyone. The self-promotion is simply a kid who's done something he's proud of. I like the site, I think it's a very useful resource. I use it a lot myself and if I'm going to continue to put the work into it that I do, then I want as many people as possible to see it. There are always new people who say "wow, I've not seen that site before, it's cool" when I post a link, so this is why I do so, along with the fact that most of the links I post are actually contributing to the discussion and showing data that we cannot see any other way.

i appreciate everything ioi posts, and at the end of the day, if you choose to do so, you can ignore his links etc, no one asks that you MUST click them, just scroll past it?

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
what has happened here? give me unconfirmed MC numbers and no more talk about ioi's site

marvelharvey said:
I HOPE YOU'RE NOT ESTIMATING YOUR DATA!

uh? sorry, what you mean? :)

yesterday i was in Akihabara, today i went in Yokohama at Yodobashi and Bic Camera and it's sold out everywhere.
the funny thing is i arrived saturday and in Yodobashi there were available, and after just 3 days all units were gone....

Jokeropia

A Link to the Past said:
Except that ioi is not in the POSITION to say "these are the numbers". He is not a professional analyst, and I'm disturbed that people actually defend him as if he were one.
Regarding the weekly numbers they are based on all three professional market trackers so I think he's in his right to say that those are the numbers, just like anyone quoting MD/Famitsu/Dengeki is.

Regarding the worldwide shipments they are based on actual reports from the publishers which again is more accurate than any cumulative tracker totals, so in this case he's even more in his right to say so.
A Link to the Past said:
So because I say I want him to actually for once say on his page clear as day that these are estimates
So you really think that people are so stupid that they believe that every game always sell in perfectly even amounts down to 250? Hundreds of sites report either Media-Create, Famitsu or Dengeki numbers and only a fraction of those ever mention that the numbers are estimates.
A Link to the Past said:
Christ, what is with you? You act as if ioi is sacred, and defend him to the end of the Earth from people pointing out that he isn't a professional analyst, his sales don't hold weight and how he might as well tell people to **** off and stop complaining that his bullshit is tricking people into thinking that his figures are actually worth more than the bytes it took to type them.
Haha, you act like he personally killed your dog or something. The main reason I'm defending him is that I think you're being a dick for no reason.

kia said:
Oh, only Gamecube and DS titles? It seems you troll Nintendo as much as you can.

You idiot, I'm a huge Nintendo fan, matter of fact for about 3 years I was THE FAN, just because I can see a flaw in another area (Japan 3rd party sales) doesn't change that fact. If you would get your head out of NeoGAF once in a while and check up on say.. GameFAQs you'd see my frequent (b^.^)b to Nintendo topics for NO REASON BUT TO PRAISE NINTENDO.

I look for the **** sales because I like to make topics about it flaunting how many GCN exclusive titles have sold over 1 million worldwide and I have to make sure it's legit information or I'll get flamed/assaulted till the ends of the earth. It leads to about 80 replies and lots of congratulations of Nintendo which is always good to see. My quote is even "Unofficial Spokesman and Sales Analyzer of Nintendo" "Nintendo always wins" "Good job Nintendo" etc.

Sometimes you have no clue what you're talking about kia so just move and go on to adding to a different conversation until the next media create sales thread.

heavenly said:

But, yep, I was right. His sight is much better than your's...atleast aesthetically. My goodness, your site is such an eyesore. You need a disclaimer on the front page of your site that tells everyone how much your site's aesthetics sucks.

That was the most immature thing I've ever seen, especially when he was asked to show his site.

It was a personal attack, and I'd really like to see YOU do anything better or at least TRY at it before you try and give your "criticism" which was nothing more than childish bashing.

Jokeropia said:
Regarding the worldwide shipments they are based on actual reports from the publishers which again is more accurate than any cumulative tracker totals, so in this case he's even more in his right to say so.So you really think that people are so stupid that they believe that every game always sell in perfectly even amounts down to 250? Hundreds of sites report either Media-Create, Famitsu or Dengeki numbers and only a fraction of those ever mention that the numbers are estimates.Haha, you act like he personally killed your dog or something. The main reason I'm defending him is that I think you're being a dick for no reason.

But NINTENDO hasn't releaseed worldwide shipments for titles like Metroid Prime 2, Donkey Konga, Mario Superstar, Golden Sun TLA, Pokemon XD, Zelda Minish Cap, Mario Strikers and more, so how do you justify the "OTHER" numbers there that push them over a million? I'm very sure they have sold that much, but just like the Japan market, numbers (especially in the EU) can be very unpredictable.

I HOPE those are the real sales, because then I can quote them and add another 6 million sellers to the GCN exclusive list and make another HOT topic (b^.^)b

And YES people are stupid enough to believe all the numbers are rounded to 250, and then they'll quote them as fact.

Oh and for the record, ioi is cool and helpful for my TEVS Document, which reminds me... ioi would you like everythingornothing credited on TEVS or vgcharts.org? Or boafem?

Jokeropia

LanceStern said:
But NINTENDO hasn't releaseed worldwide shipments for titles like Metroid Prime 2, Donkey Konga, Mario Superstar, Golden Sun TLA, Pokemon XD, Zelda Minish Cap, Mario Strikers and more, so how do you justify the "OTHER" numbers there that push them over a million? I'm very sure they have sold that much, but just like the Japan market, numbers (especially in the EU) can be very unpredictable.
I don't know what ioi has done in those particular cases, but I do prefer adding an estimated "other" number for worldwide sales to simply leaving out certain regions altogether.

Which is not to say that pure cumulative totals from different trackers such as your TEVS document aren't useful as well, in fact I consider them a great complement to ioi's data.
LanceStern said:
And YES people are stupid enough to believe all the numbers are rounded to 250, and then they'll quote them as fact.
Do you mean that they believe that the games actually sold EXACTLY that much?

CoolTrick

Banned
But still, ioi, you're an ass for not putting an advisory that says that your numbers are estimates (something so simple).

Agreed. So ioi, why don't you just put one on?

I agree with catfish. Link is being a complete ass toward ioi.

I appreciate ioi's work, and hope he continues. It's good stuff.

No matter how much work he puts into it, it's still misleading and false because he won't put any disclaimer on his site.

Besides, NPD, Media Create, Degenki, and all others ESTIMATE their data. I don't know why we put so much weight on Analyst sales data yet when it comes to ioi "Oh no! We can't fully trust those numbers!"

:lol :lol :lol This is by far the silliest most ridiculous (dare I say it, retarded) post I've seen today.

:lol NPD and Media Create estimate their data ... :lol Why do we trust them but not ioi? ...
:lol

CoolTrick said:
:lol :lol :lol This is by far the silliest most ridiculous (dare I say it, retarded) post I've seen today.

:lol NPD and Media Create estimate their data ... :lol Why do we trust them but not ioi? ...

So, they get numbers from every single retailer in the relevent country? We know that's not the case, and they estimate numbers from stores they don't track.

heavenly

LanceStern said:
That was the most immature thing I've ever seen, especially when he was asked to show his site.

It was a personal attack, and I'd really like to see YOU do anything better or at least TRY at it before you try and give your "criticism" which was nothing more than childish bashing.

Post #411 must have deleted itself before you gave this page a cursory glance.

Additionally, I don't need to "try at something" to give a constructive criticism. If I don't like it, I don't like it...doesn't mean I'm hating just to be hating. But anyway, that's neither here nor there since my point was totally overlooked.

ioi, just put a little disclaimer on your site, so the babies will stop whining. Everyone who appreciates your work will keep on appreciating it, and the ones who keep bitching about it will have no reason to bitch anymore. Result: no retarded thread derailing like this anymore. :)

I keep checking this thread for unconfirmed numbers because it keeps getting bumped up. I think this argueing is silly and we should all just wait for Neo.

Souldriver said:
ioi, just put a little disclaimer on your site, so the babies will stop whining. Everyone who appreciates your work will keep on appreciating it, and the ones who keep bitching about it will have no reason to bitch anymore. Result: no retarded thread derailing like this anymore. :)

Pretty much. It's getting really tired at this point.

heavenly said:
Actually, I was being facetious. Who cares if someone links to their own personal site to provide information. As long they're not spaming, I could care less.

Honestly, I give kudos to anyone, including you, who works hard on a website to provide gaming afficianados a wealth of info. I just like using ioi's graph/game comparison feature. That's some great stuff.

As I have said before, I like using ioi's site, and I so dislike the fact that he has a problem with stating that these figures are estimates, and THAT is why I tore into him. The fact of the matter is that posting that fact will create only one burden - loss of legitimacy. The fact that he's been wary to say so hardly inspires me to trust that he's not trying to look more professional than he actually is.

And to ioi:

Yeah, so, pretty much, you're an ass and you still refuse to say that your numbers are estimated (which they are, if you haven't already noticed). And hey, you know what?

The only incentive for you to not tell people the simple truth is that it damages your site's legitimacy. I have proven, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that people use your numbers as if they were factual data. Guess what? The people who are misled by you are not the ones responsible. Why the **** are you so repulsed by the simple idea of pointing out that your ESTIMATES are ESTIMATES on the web site? You do it here, but never on the site.

Edit: And nice one, attacking my web site out of spite over me wanting to your web site to say what it is.

I'm just doing you a favor. Clearly, you're confused and think that your web site is a professional sales web site instead of an unprofessional sales estimate fan site. If I said that my web site was an online store, I'd appreciate somebody telling me that it is actually a news/reviews/guides web site.

cvxfreak

ioi said:
I don't fully agree with this one, since surely stores are in a better position to judge how many of a game to keep ordering in since it's sales are very predictable and uniform? I agree there will be some stock, but I can't image huge amounts as you suggest. 10-50k maybe? I'd also suggest that none of the games you mentioned (apart from perhaps Smash Bros) had particularly long legs. Mario Sunshine was a bit of a failure, FFX has had Greatest Hits releases and DQVIII isn't that old. Maybe they were just examples, but I was referring more to games like Mario Kart 64, Smash Bros 64, Gran Turismo etc. It's still a little too early to judge 'final sales' on titles like those you mentioned.

I'm afraid you're long overdue for visiting Japanese game stores. I showed you a picture earlier - many, many Japanese stores are like that, providing huge discounts on leftover stock of mainstream titles, and lord knows how many more in storage. It's true that it won't accumulate to anything more than, I'd say, 50 - 100K, but that builds into the fallibility of your data. 50K is a big margin of error since many games sell way less than that.

ioi said:
That's the whole point of adjusting and averaging the data- to ensure they are as accurate as possible.

But that's what Jonnyram was saying in the first place - your current adjustments are incorrect. That said it's good that they can be changed at any time.

CoolTrick

Banned
So, they get numbers from every single retailer in the relevent country? We know that's not the case, and they estimate numbers from stores they don't track.

Yes yes they are both estimates, but to blantantly ask why we can't trust ioi's site as much as NPD because they both estimate...

ioi

Banned
cvxfreak said:
I'm afraid you're long overdue for visiting Japanese game stores. I showed you a picture earlier - many, many Japanese stores are like that, providing huge discounts on leftover stock of mainstream titles, and lord knows how many more in storage. It's true that it won't accumulate to anything more than, I'd say, 50 - 100K, but that builds into the fallibility of your data. 50K is a big margin of error since many games sell way less than that.

But it's only the games selling in the millions that will have this 50k stock left (although I don't even think it'll be that much to be honest. Again, I don't adjust data for games that I don't have shipment data for in 99% of cases, it's just a plain averaging of the data we get.

cvxfreak said:
But that's what Jonnyram was saying in the first place - your current adjustments are incorrect. That said it's good that they can be changed at any time.

I said I have not yet adjusted the data. When I do, the discrepancies will be much smaller. I haven't had time yet to add Jonnyram's data. I can't account for the fact that MC and Famitsu differ so much other than to average the two which is exactly what I'm doing. Surely, as I originally said, this is one of the best supporting arguments for my methods?

And LTTP, you're a total ass. Did you not read my post?

Most of the data IS NOT ESTIMATED.

MOST OF IT IS JUST REPRODUCED FROM PUBLISHER REPORTS ETC. Especially the data you are referring to, the WORLDWIDE SHIPMENT DATA, which is exactly that. I am in the process of adding more info about where the data comes from, I have already added a status page so that users know how complete the data is and I'm going to be adding more info about how the data is retrieved soon.

To Lance Stern- Nintendo HAVE released data for the games you have listed, which is why they are included.

CoolTrick you're an annoying troll who never actually makes a point.

And the rest of you guys who actually have some common sense and a little bit of intelligence (JonathanEx, Jokeropia etc) then thanks for keeping me sane in this place!

KINGMOKU

fightingbuttnuggets.jpg

cvxfreak

ioi said:
But it's only the games selling in the millions that will have this 50k stock left (although I don't even think it'll be that much to be honest. Again, I don't adjust data for games that I don't have shipment data for in 99% of cases, it's just a plain averaging of the data we get.

Although I haven't been to Japan since almost exactly a year ago, I also saw lots of copies of games that sold less than 1K their first week, like Legend of Golfer, as well as many in between sellers like the GC Biohazard games, and tons of others.

ioi said:
I said I have not yet adjusted the data. When I do, the discrepancies will be much smaller. I haven't had time yet to add Jonnyram's data. I can't account for the fact that MC and Famitsu differ so much other than to average the two which is exactly what I'm doing. Surely, as I originally said, this is one of the best supporting arguments for my methods?

What about Dengeki? In respect to Jonnyram's LTD, that's for DS games, so other systems may still run into problems. Who knows.

All I'm getting is that your method is fair, maybe reliable, but not the final say on sales. It's still good.

Archie said:
Why must you troll Sony?

Oh, cool, I got here just in time for the PSP vs. DS flame war!

Is this the appropriate place to bitch that the DS Lite does not come with speakers, or do I need my own thread?

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Man, the last few pages of this thread is making me miss the old monorojo threads.

CoolTrick

Banned

Yes it is. How can you even say such a thing? I didn't realize Publisher reports were so detailed that they provided weekly shipment numbers, nevermind that you know the sell through, and that it's more detailed than Media Create.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
We really need some new numbers to come in so that the constant bumps of this thread are actually worthwhile.

elostyle said:
We really need some new numbers to come in so that the constant bumps of this thread are actually worthwhile.

And when the unconfirmed numbers are released, ioi will make a Media Create thread for them and then we'll have a six page debate and then a second Media Create thread.

Top Bottom