• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Really Annoying sections of games That Almost Made You Say F It?

Maliketh is in fact really easy if you have that Claw item. All you need to do is keep distance, and wait for him to do the 3 projectiles. After the third he will fly into you, when he is flying, press the item button to activate the Blasphemous claw. You will stun him for a good while. He has another attack you can parry with it, I think its the ground stomp. The timing of the claw item is rather lenient.
Yeah so I've read! I just need to find a way to beat the Beast Clergyman easily enough to actually get to practice that technique. I've been so frustrated and fed up that every time I get to Maliketh I panic and do some stupid mistake and gets killed almost instantly...

Robb

Gold Member
Skyward Sword when you had to fight The Imprisoned for the 4th time. Also the whole section where you had to re-visit all areas and go around and collect the dragon songs.

Fredrik

Yeah I tried all of that.. 😅 I did find a tip about the storm blade so I'm gonna try that.

It's been so frustrating that it's difficult enough to finish the first phase, so I rarely get to the point that I can practice phase 2. But with enough time.. Eventually.
I admire your dedication 💪 There should be a special achievement for completing it without having the bell, you’re playing the real hard mode lol
I deliberately went without the popular mimic ash and used weaker ashes instead at my last playthrough and thought that was difficult enough.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
That stupid buttin mashing section against Strongclaw or whatever his name was in Starfox Adventure. You had to rapidly hit A as fast as possible to make him fall in the pit. In the end I used a trick I read in a magazine (the fact magazines where printing a page about workarounds in how to beat him should tell you all you need to know) where you would yet a pencil with a rubber and rapidly move it across the A button back and forth. Fortunately it worked but, I literally could not play the rest of the game until I got past that, and it took me like a week to get the workaround it was infuriating.

The rest of the game was chill then for no reason a mash A section that is the hardest of any game I have played.

Last edited:

Disco Dave

Zelda Wind Waker on Gamecube. Searching for the Tri Force pieces was such bad design. It was so tedious and repetitive that it ruined the pacing of the final stretch of the game.

I understand they fixed this with the Wii U release.

Schmick

This is gonna sound stupid.... but TLoU.... the deer!

I'm not terrible at games but that day.... was a off day.

Braag

Spawn of Oggdo in Jedi Survivor made me almost quit the game.
Not because it was hard, but because it was complete bullshit. A giant frog that has all but 1 unblockable attack, takes 70% of your health pool with each attack, has 1 shot kill move and completely ignores the rules of the game by spinning around in it's place to track the player and does all kinds of janky manoeuvres to land attacks on the player.
As someone who has beat majority of souls games, this boss is one of the worst I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

Mephisto40

This guy in Shadow Of The Beast 2

If you know, you know

shadow_of_the_beast_ii_3.png

Zimmy68

People would probably laugh now but it was a chore for me back in the day for these 2 GTA missions.
GTA Vice City - The Driver

GTA San Andreas - Supply Lines

Fools idol

Banned
The part when you first give Ellie a gun on TLoU. That courtyard is a fucking annoying area to clear if you want to do it stealthily. I was going for trophies and just remember beeing really frustrated by that part of the game.

SHA

For me, some stupid jrpgs quests, the degree of stupidity makes it hard to do it even if it's not for toddlers like collecting 6 herbs in Sword and Fairy, I'm not into this type of s, I don't understand it.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
The Mary Jane stealth sections in Spiderman. Just absolutely obliterated the pacing for me. Any tacked on stealth sections really.

Kusarigama

Sneaking Batmobile sections from Batman Arkham Knight. I almost quit the game because of it but somehiw managed to beat it after several several tries. It put me off so much on that game that I haven't tried beating it again after that. It was one thing that just brought down the entire game for me.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Titan fight FF16.. like seriously I’ve got other things to do other than take two straight hours for a boss fight.

Hudo

Almost all player-created levels in Super Mario Maker 2.

That game makes you really appreciated good level design.

Altares13th

Rule of rose
The gameplay was seriously awful. The story and music were top notch though
Silent Hill 4
The ending is a repeat of half of the game
Devil May Cry 4
Repeat all bosses as a way to artificially add length to the game
FF15
had to finish it but man was it painful to enjoy the seriously unfinished game
FF16
non-skippable stupid side-quests for hours on end, i haven't finished it yet

diffusionx

Gold Member
A couple years ago I was playing Psychonauts and I stopped playing in the.... board game level I guess you'd call it. The game is full of great ideas, characters, storytelling, but all that is shackled to a F----------- platformer and I just threw up my hands and quit. I don't actually think that level was necessarily worse than the other ones, it was just the accumulation of garbage.

Inuteu

mary jane part in spider man is a pain in the ass

how come a game develper can think that would be fun?

Im sure that anyone who played just wanted that to be over asap and get back to the regular game

Noxxera

Well I did say F it, in fact I've said it more then once and stopped played the game. Guess what game? Yep, Sekiro. It's the fkin spear wielding fucks you need to do some perfect dodge/parry on so he shoves the spear on the ground

Failing at flying the broomstick over and over in Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone on PS1. Fuck that shit!

And if you flew too close to Madam Hooch she'd scream in horror. "OOOOOOHH" That would crack me up, still does.

Last edited:
Last level of armored core 1 is the most bullshit thing I've ever seen in a game. From Soft truly are the kings of bullshit.

I turned on cheats and powered through it.

The spinning blade towers in God of War.
Thy must have changed something in the PS3 remaster. I remember almost giving up when first playing the game in 2005 on PS2. Last year, I got through with ease on PS3. I recently played through the PS2 version again, and it was extremely frustrating as expected.

Last edited:
Top Bottom