• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall is ceasing development. Players will be refunded

King Dazzar

The game has become decent since the updates, the stank from the launch never left it tho. To it's end.
Should never have seen the light of day. And to the gits on here who encouraged me to give it a try. I still want my time back. You know who you are....
Indict It Was You GIF by HULU

Decent, decent??? You fucker you!

DosGamer

Serious question... back in the day.. games that came and went without much noise usually ended up increasing in price and collectability... but with the required online requirement... my guess it that it makes a lot of these games useless going forward for collectors???

The game has become decent since the updates, the stank from the launch never left it tho. To it's end.
I haven't really played the open world part, so i'm assuming that's when it kinda falls apart.
Been trying more xbox games during my GP trial. I've played some of most of them, but not Redfall til now.

I don't like to see people lose their jobs. But the message is clear here studios. Stop chasing games as a service. Stop trying to milk your audience like cattle. Stop having bloated team sizes. Start making good games.
Hahahahaha ms dont give a fuck. They gonna pump the big ips and live service games until kingdom come.
No more Dishonored, Evil Within and Hi Fi Rush. Get loss Wolfenstein. Hell Doom may be on the chopping block since they already have cod and halo.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Remember playing this on PC Gamepass. The world was cool and the town was fun to explore. Everything else though...no.

MiguelItUp

This means it's not getting an offline mode either, not that I would play it anyway. Wonder how many years (months?) the servers will last.
Yeah, I'm wondering the same. Especially since they didn't even see a number of things through.

Regardless of how you feel about the game, it's a shame. Wasn't expecting to read about multiple studios closing this morning. I hate how this has become a weekly thing for awhile now.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Imagine the pressure in Lyon knowing that the smallest misstep on Blade could mean that they will follow. It's sad to see how a beloved studio that tries to adapt to modern trends in order to pay the bills and continue making what they love i.e immersive sims but ultimately fail.
They already 'mis-stepped'. No one cares about Blade or a Blade game. Just as Suicide Squad was a C-tier group and game, Blade is even worse.

This is the cost of making shitty games this gen. Studios can’t afford a flop
No the cost of making gaas games. If they made a single player game complete, and it was half way decent they would at least break even or make a small profit and move on. Gaas requires numbers. Gaas is big risk. Its either strike it big or loose. Don't know why pubs like to play the odds like that but won't invest in single player games that the existing fans love (or hell a single/multiplayer game like killzone or old cod).

You can’t get away with releasing an underbaked GASS. Those days are over.

Suicide Squad kills the justice league is next on the chopping block.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Imagine the pressure in Lyon knowing that the smallest misstep on Blade could mean that they will follow. It's sad to see how a beloved studio that tries to adapt to modern trends in order to pay the bills and continue making what they love i.e immersive sims but ultimately fail.
They're likely baked at this point.
Last I heard Blade wasn't even the main character in his own movie. Imagine Spider Man 2 but with 300% more Mary Janes.

Krathoon

I remember the videos showing lots of really bad bugs in this game. Lots of T-posing.

I assume that is fixed now.

There were so many bugs that it made me wonder if the videos were fake.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Was actually interested in seeing if they could turn it around. No way it was gonna be a certified classic but at least Xbox had a decent exclusive on its hands. Oh well. 🤷‍♂️

MarkMe2525

Redfall is the only game in history to be released as a dead game and now they gonna officially put a dead game out of its misery.
Would like to feel sad for this game and people who like it, but people were so damn stupid and stubborn that I honestly think they deserve that.
You're forgetting that gaas hero dota shooter that released around overwatch's release.

Krathoon

The game still has lots of design flaws and bad AI. Not certain what really happened with it. It just feels way undercooked.

DaGwaphics

It was fun but shallow. When you play FC though and then compare the two it really drives home how much content the FC games get in there.

It will be one of those forgotten games that only those that played it understand that it wasn't as bad as its worst bug compilations.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Remember playing this on PC Gamepass. The world was cool and the town was fun to explore. Everything else though...no.
Yeah that is what sucks - they had a really cool setting and as a single player game I think it could have turned out great. Instead it was just meh, not as terrible as the hyperbole, but just not engaging and with bugs and issues (AI, bullet proof leaves etc) that could have been ironed out if they weren't making a bunch of GaaS then co-op stuff.

Top Bottom