• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkane and Spencer promised Redfall will be their most supported game post-launch, 3 months later Redfall no updates, users are angry for being lied

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Arkane has had a pretty flawless track record though so I guess I’m not surprised if some people (who maybe don’t follow gaming news closely) just bought it thinking it’d be as high quality as their other games.
Hence that disappointment. There may be 18 players right now...and falling...but there's a bunch of people not playing the game who are really disappointed too. Personally, I'm over it. If they work on it, great, if not...I'm playing too many other great games to really be upset about this.

MiguelItUp

I'm wondering if it's because they're REALLY trying to work on it and fix it? I mean, there was a LOT wrong with it. The sad part about all this is that they still had supporters giving them benefit of the doubt, and they're being let down again. Hopefully it comes around.

Still so sad to see how this all turned out.

Filben

By this time it's probably easier now to build an entirely new game from the ground than to fix thise pile of garbage.

Three

There have been updates to the game after the release (performance and bug fixes). A lot of games don't have additional content ready in 3 months as @Clear mentioned already.
From what I've read it seems to be people who paid for the Bite Back edition who are asking for paid for content and support. I think they want to know when the Hero Pass will get its content. "We fixed some bugs" isn't going to cut it for them I'd imagine. Even the performance update isn't what was promised. Hopefully this stuff still comes later but I can see why they'd be anxious.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Lmfao they still haven’t added 60 fps. What an embarassing bomb of a shit show this is for xbox and Arkane. Frankly they should be fucking embarassed. Xbox has made a habit of releasing games unfinished and not finishing them in a reasonable amount of time post launch (see halo infinite) piss poor project management over there.

Last edited:

Sorcerer

If the team has moved on to different project (that's what I heard around the launch of the game) who is supposedly fixing the game? A team that has no experience with the game at all? I thought they would sweep this under the rug because they figured no one cared enough, but I guess they were wrong.

Last edited:

Stafford

Three months is nothing.

That being said, sucks for those truly waiting for a 60fps patch, but ideally they just give up on this and make a sequel to the fantastic Prey game they made.

I know, doubtful it will happen.

Ozriel

M$FT
Did they ever patch in the 60fps mode?

Seriously? That's embarrassing, Microsoft.

Really? I'd have been surprised if they prioritized a 60fps patch over fixing the crazy amount of bugs and wonkiness we saw in all those review videos.

Their first major patch (rightly) focused on fixes and gameplay improvement. Though for sure you'd expect a 60fps patch to land not too far from launch.

According to HotHardware

The patch notes are long and include a lot of statements like "enemies are no longer able to shoot through walls" and "players can now proceed past the menu".

ouch.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Really? I'd have been surprised if they prioritized a 60fps patch over fixing the crazy amount of bugs and wonkiness we saw in all those review videos.

Their first major patch (rightly) focused on fixes and gameplay improvement. Though for sure you'd expect a 60fps patch to land not too far from launch.

According to HotHardware

ouch.

Yeah, I agree there are more important things to patch but I just didn’t realize that had not been done. It was a big deal before launch.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Ah, yes, stickergate
1682777533_0redfall_box_sticker.jpg
*or after launch

"Well, technically, they did not lie. They never wrote on the paper that '60 FPS will be available after launch.'"

This is the danger of live service games. It's one thing if you push a turd out the door that is a complete finished game, it's another when the turd is advertised as incomplete with promises to polish the turd anyway. These games become a liability, both figuratively and literally.

Pop

Not to defend a shit game like that but 3 months they cant do miracles my guys. Elden Ring will get its expansion like what, 3 years after its release? Cyberpunk took almost a year or two to get fixed properly and another for its expansion. The dev time for content has increased 10 times vs pre-covid for some fucking reason.
Elden Ring:
Uyjxljv.png

So not quite 3 years you know... And Cyberpunk has sold something like 25 million copies now. Your comparisons are garbage.

This is just another mismanaged game by Phil the Man

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I remember Spencer saying the 60fps patch was “coming along at a good pace” on the Kinda Funny XCast just days after this game launched.

What another avoidable clusterfuck this has been.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Halo Infinite is in a better state player-wise than Redfall and it's literally being used to sell overpriced microtransactions,

anyone who pre ordered this game was sucked off, no pun intendeed.

Do u know how long it took to fix cyberpunk ? Atleast a year but cyberpunk was a great game underneath all the bugs
Redfall is a turd , no matter how much polish or fixes they do it will still be a turd

Arkane Austin head: “Redfall will be our most supported title post launch, with updates and DLC”

Bernoulli: “Phil Spencer promised Redfall would be the most supported Arkane title ever”

The agenda never ends 😂 Even the bloody link in the OP clearly identifies where the promise came from

That said, Arkane really should be providing updates on the promised 60fps patch.
Good job damage control team is here to correct these injustices of a thread title. Despite Phil promising to support the studio.

Denton

Plans change. When nobody plays it, why would they spend anymore time on it? Waste of time and money.
They should however make a statement about it, and offer refunds.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

No point in wasting money polishing this turd.
Better to move on and make a new game. Hopefully, taking lessons from this failure as not to repeat the same mistakes.

Hopefully Arkane goes back to their tried and true formula (i.e. first person immersive sim games) after this.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Why are people so hell bent to wanting developers to “stick to their word” in a scenario like this ?

The game giga tanked and is base level dog shit. This isn’t a game that needs patches and updates to be better/become good. It’s fundamentally horrendous. It would be to be remade ground up.

If you bought this you deserve it. We live in a day and age where you can get information on a game being shit before release or before purchase without issue.

Let the fucking thing die and let Arkane work on dishonored 3 to recoup.

This sort of mentality will eventually ruin gaming.

Why? How? Shit games existed before GamePass, shit games still exist.

On topic, they released a pretty major patch in June and another decent one in July. Not that either will save this turd. I might check it out again once it’s 60fps on Xbox but it needs some major AI tweaks.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Why are people so hell bent to wanting developers to “stick to their word” in a scenario like this ?

The game giga tanked and is base level dog shit. This isn’t a game that needs patches and updates to be better/become good. It’s fundamentally horrendous. It would be to be remade ground up.

If you bought this you deserve it. We live in a day and age where you can get information on a game being shit before release or before purchase without issue.

Let the fucking thing die and let Arkane work on dishonored 3 to recoup.
Because you can't sell something and lie about your product and no expect pushback. The game is shit. Fine. The game should have been delayed/ cancelled then. But it was not. They promised things and have to give what they have promised. It should be that simple. We are not talking about making Redfall the next No man sky redemption story. But to give what had been promised. A 60 fps patch that should have been there day one. And the exclusive content that the collector edition promised too. Yes, Arkane is loosing time fixing this game instead of working on the next one. But they have to. Did you really have that same opinion at or around launch of the game? That they should not patch the game and lie to their clients ?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I kinda liked it? It wasn't good but it was fun, and the jank made it more hilarious and palatable. It's a shame they are letting it die.

Top Bottom