• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Regina from Dino Crisis Gets a Stunning Unreal Engine 5 Remake Video

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Mike Wilson, a 3D artist, and character designer has recently paid a tribute to the Dino Crisis series by creating an Unreal Engine 5 remake of Regina, the main protagonist of the franchise by referencing Capcom’s recent Resident Evil remakes.

In order to recreate the modern-day look of Regina in Unreal Engine 5, Wilson has utilized the official 3D models of Jill Valentine, Leon Kennedy, Clair Redfield, and Carlos from Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes.

Now if you take a look at the final look, you can realize that it really looks like a work of Capcom itself on RE Engine, though it has been made on Unreal Engine 5.

Larxia

Ehhh....could have been better for UE5 imo.
It seems like people focus too much on the version's number of the engine.

UE5 doesn't mean much, someone's work on UE4 can look much better than another work on UE5, it just all really depends on the work that was done, on the talent and effort put into it. UE5 doesn't magically makes everything look like that matrix demo, people might be disappointed in a lot of future games if they think that.

Last edited:
It seems like people focus too much on the version's number of the engine.

UE5 doesn't mean much, someone's work on UE4 can look much better than another work on UE5, it just all really depends on the work that was done, on the talent and effort put into it. UE5 doesn't magically makes everything look like that matrix demo, people might be disappointed in a lot of future games if they think that.
Ehhh...no.

Plenty of UE5 stuff that I have seen from many developers far surpasses this. This is poor artwork on the artist's side of things. I worked before in UE3, UE4 and UE5 personally both in school and outside of school when I was younger. In college it was UE3, we made our own assets and imported them. I also used to do 3D modeling in Maya/Max/Zbrush so I know how this stuff goes.

UE4 I've done stuff at home and most recently in UE5. I am not an amazing artist whatsoever by any means, but I've seen what others could do and its quite insane. This however can easily pass as a school project or medium level artist and that's fine. My point is that UE5 is far far more capable of better for character models.

The first UE5 demo that was showcased is far better than this with a female character and so is the robot/golem demo that you can download and play when UE5 was released to the developers back in summer of last year.

Last edited:

LRKD

Her face is kinda ugly on that fan model... Anyways, I'd love to see a new dino crisis, a true sequel to the first game, not a remake, and not an action game like 2 and 3.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks like something from the tail end of the 360/PS3 era but in hi-res. Shiny plastic skin, last gen hair and fugly face where it looks like she needs to get a moustache shaven.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Close Up Flirting GIF

Soodanim

Gold Member
I like it. I’d like it even more if Capcom remade Dino Crisis in the style of REmake2, but for now I’ll have to settle for this.

Reactions: Isa

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Would prefer Dino Crisis remake play like RE6 personally only because the speed of the dinosaurs would make for an interesting fight if you're Vanquish sliding and dashing from them.

Pretty bad how Dino Crisis has been considered for over a decade+ to return and they just refuse. Especially since the Jurassic Park IP revival.

• Thoughtful

Larxia

Ehhh...no.

Plenty of UE5 stuff that I have seen from many developers far surpasses this. This is poor artwork on the artist's side of things. I worked before in UE3, UE4 and UE5 personally both in school and outside of school when I was younger. In college it was UE3, we made our own assets and imported them. I also used to do 3D modeling in Maya/Max/Zbrush so I know how this stuff goes.

UE4 I've done stuff at home and most recently in UE5. I am not an amazing artist whatsoever by any means, but I've seen what others could do and its quite insane. This however can easily pass as a school project or medium level artist and that's fine. My point is that UE5 is far far more capable of better for character models.

The first UE5 demo that was showcased is far better than this with a female character and so is the robot/golem demo that you can download and play when UE5 was released to the developers back in summer of last year.
I really don't understand your reply because... when did I say the opposite? This is what I meant when I said "it just all really depends on the work that was done, on the talent and effort put into it.". Anyone can pick up UE5 right now and do random things with it, but it's not because it's UE5 that it will necessarily look amazing, it depends on the people using the tools.

I do think the result in this video looks fine though, far from terrible or anythink, but I just mean, we will also see plenty of UE5 poor indie games that will probably look terrible in the future, I don't really see what the engine version has to do with anything, this is not a professional tech demo, just a fan doing some fan art. I would agree with your statement if this was an official tech demo from Epic or something I guess, but it's not the case here.

Life

Can someone explain why there are comments from months ago on this vid - and yet the release date of the vid is two days ago?

I really don't understand your reply because... when did I say the opposite? This is what I meant when I said "it just all really depends on the work that was done, on the talent and effort put into it.". Anyone can pick up UE5 right now and do random things with it, but it's not because it's UE5 that it will necessarily look amazing, it depends on the people using the tools.

I do think the result in this video looks fine though, far from terrible or anythink, but I just mean, we will also see plenty of UE5 poor indie games that will probably look terrible in the future, I don't really see what the engine version has to do with anything, this is not a professional tech demo, just a fan doing some fan art. I would agree with your statement if this was an official tech demo from Epic or something I guess, but it's not the case here.
I misread read your message. My apologies.

SirTerry-T

Mike Wilson, a 3D artist, and character designer has recently paid a tribute to the Dino Crisis series by creating an Unreal Engine 5 remake of Regina, the main protagonist of the franchise by referencing Capcom’s recent Resident Evil remakes.

In order to recreate the modern-day look of Regina in Unreal Engine 5, Wilson has utilized the official 3D models of Jill Valentine, Leon Kennedy, Clair Redfield, and Carlos from Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes.

Now if you take a look at the final look, you can realize that it really looks like a work of Capcom itself on RE Engine, though it has been made on Unreal Engine 5.

Sort that elbow rigging out, Mike :)
Nice work, though I do miss the slightly stylised look of the earlier RE games.

Pretty nice, but they gotta make her butt a bit bigger. A little wider. Like this:

1494312582139.png

Call it "PS1 effect" or whatever, but it gave the bum a solid impression. Gotta translate that perfectly 👍

Capcom is the biggest treasure trove of great abandoned IPs, worse than Sony, Nintendo or Sega.

Dino Crisis, PowerStone, Rival School, Onimusha, Viewtiful Joe, Darkstalker, Lost Planet etc...

Considering we've gotten new entries of Streets of Rage, classic Sonic, House of the Dead, Sakura Wars, Shadows of the Colossus (the remake), Crash, Medieval, etc....

...yeah, this is potentially quite true.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Capcom is the biggest treasure trove of great abandoned IPs, worse than Sony, Nintendo or Sega.

Dino Crisis, PowerStone, Rival School, Onimusha, Viewtiful Joe, Darkstalker, Lost Planet etc...
I agree but Sega is up there too. Only recently they used the Streets of Rage and Shen Mue IP.

Otherwise: Jet Set Radio, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star ( not online ), Shining Force, Nights, Samba De Amigo,Virtua Fighter, Virtual Tennis, Sega Rally, Crazy Taxi. A real Pazner Dragoon Saga sequel. Took them 26 years for a Streets of Rage Sequel lol

Id love Capcom to do Onimusha, Dino Crisis, Megaman legends, Rival Schools, Viewtiful Joe. And even a Breath of Fire

Notabueno

Banned
I agree but Sega is up there too. Only recently they used the Streets of Rage and Shen Mue IP.

Otherwise: Jet Set Radio, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star ( not online ), Shining Force, Nights, Samba De Amigo, Virtua Fighter, Virtual Tennis, Sega Rally, Crazy Taxi. A real Pazner Dragoon Saga sequel. Took them 26 years for a Streets of Rage Sequel lol

Id love Capcom to do Onimusha, Dino Crisis, Megaman legends, Rival Schools, Viewtiful Joe. And even a Breath of Fire

Yes, I was thinking about them as well, real contenders in the department.

Nintendo are probably by far the laziest one, relying on the same 4 franchises (mario, pokemon, zelda, animal) they're milking to death while having abandoned the most obvious ones.

dezzy8

You hurt my heart mentioning rival schools. At least they gave it some love with Akira in SFV.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dino Crisis Remake Exclusive Teaserplay's Concept Trailer | We Realize this Fans Dream in Unreal Engine 5

Recreation of Dino Crisis, Nostalgia Game in Unreal Engine 5 with high-end graphics features such as Lumen, Nanite, Screen Space Ray Tracing and Global Illumination Shader

We hope this game will officially remake soon and we really hope that this video will be able to clear the level of expectations of the fans for Developers

🔺* This is just a Concept (Fanmade) trailer to show the power of Unreal Engine 5 and we have no plans to release this game *

Top Bottom