• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remake of Saint Seiya (Knight of the Zodiac) serie on NETFLIX announced!

This was huge in Mexico but I never once heard anyone talk about it in the US. I'm looking forward to it.

In the Dominican Republic as well. It's a shame it never really blew up properly in the US. One of my great memories is when they use to do those movie marathons Bruh I would stay glued for hours.

Also, the gold Saint toys were super expensive growing up.

Slaythe

Saga is undeniably the best gold saint.

And the strongest.

As he said, he was the only one strong enough to stand up to the gods.

The Sanctuary movie was shit but his design is phenomenal IMO.

oKGVxD2.png

I like Aphrodite too but he didn't get a lot of shine sadly. I guess Albafica made up for that a bit.

Jinroh

This gif represents everything I miss about old animation.

You just can't find something even remotely similar in shows like dragonball super or any modern saint seiya series.

There's something about the colors and shadows that I can't find in modern animation.

And the strongest.

No he wasn't, he diffidently thought that of himself thou, Shaka kicked his ass along with Camus and Shura in equal footing the 3 ended up looking like a broken pile of scraps.
I have no doubts that Dohko and Aiolos would have also swiftly dealt with him.

Unai

Sub please don't embarrass your roots.

If I'm not mistaken he was being considered to be Pope as well before the assasination plot.

Yep. Shion was torn between him and Aiolos. In the end he decided to choose Aiolos because he felt something off in Saga.

phaze

I wonder if this series will ever have a proper finale.. I mean shit I'm 29 and I remember seeing this as a kid.

The closest we got to a series finale was the heaven arc.

The elysion arc right ? Wasn't that basically the finale ?
Interesting that the title is Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya. I guess they know their audience.

When are we getting a Saintia Sho adaptation, tho?

I'm pretty sure it was announced a while ago, just no news since.

The elysion arc right ? Wasn't that basically the finale ?

I'm pretty sure it was announced a while ago, just no news since.

The heaven chapter overture was considered a step towards the finale. However, Next dimension is the prequel/sequel that revolves around time traveling and trying to get Seiya out his Coma after his fight with hades.

Saint Seiya had the best filler of all anime. OF ALL TIME

Asgard Arc fam.

¡LOS GUARDIANES DEL UUUNIVERSO!

So pumped for this. I used to sit and watch the Spanish dub every day with my cousins when I was in El Salvador one summer. I had no idea it had such a big following.

I spent my childhood years in France and absolutely loved this show. Then I moved to the UK and was eternally saddened that this didn't seem to exist there. I can't wait to see this!

Unai

I'm wondering how they will handle the personality of the Pope. In the manga he was evil but did his job well. I'd say that even sending Hyoga and later the Silver Knights to kill the bronze boys was the right thing to do as the Pope, since they were fighting for personal reasons. He he would be a lawful evil character in D&D. In the anime he was more like a chaotic evil, sending knights to cause disasters and etc.

You just can't find something even remotely similar in shows like dragonball super or any modern saint seiya series.

There's something about the colors and shadows that I can't find in modern animation.

Hi friend! Your post literally sums it up for me as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M16xIO8P3M

"Hay que realizar
Todos mis sueños
En el fin esperanza
Que nos guiara
Para siempre "

Didn't show interest in Saint Seya, even though it was the shit in my school. Decided to watch it later as an adult and it had it's charm. The music and the dub is really cool (latino), wondering how this new remake will turn out.

My favorite was Andromeda, he was sensitive and wanted peace. Then when shit hit the fan
Tormenta Nebular!!!

Unai

My favorite was Andromeda, he was sensitive and wanted peace. Then when shit hit the fan
Tormenta Nebular!!!

Andromeda was specially powerful in the manga. Up until Hades he literally defeated 95% of his enemies with the first attack, only Afrodite survived if I recall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M16xIO8P3M

"Hay que realizar
Todos mis sueños
En el fin esperanza
Que nos guiara
Para siempre "

Didn't show interest in Saint Seya, even though it was the shit in my school. Decided to watch it later as an adult and it had it's charm. The music and the dub is really cool (latino), wondering how this new remake will turn out.

Tormenta Nebular!!!

Or he inserted the cheat code and brother Ikki came outta nowhere.

Platy

Tormenta Nebular!!!

Even without late series spoilers, his armor had the strongest powers.

If ikki and shun didn't traded places the sanctuary saga would have lasted like 5 episodes

1- everyone before shaka
2- shaka
3- everyone after shaka
4- endboss

I don't know whch would be more broken, battle hardened shun with phoenix armor or ikki using the andromeda armor to its fullest

mantidor

Wow at China making more than Mexico and Brazil combined!!

If you take into account population it's obviously far more popular in Mexico and Brazil, Mexico even rivals Japan. I would account piracy but all these countries are piracy Havens except Japan :p

NJSlay

Banned

Digitally-drawn/colored anime looks like shit. Everything has that "shine" to it and it looks awful. The imperfections and "gritty" look that classic anime had was so much more appealing and interesting to look at. Painted backgrounds are also something I miss :(

Sethista

And the strongest.

As he said, he was the only one strong enough to stand up to the gods.

The Sanctuary movie was shit but his design is phenomenal IMO.

oKGVxD2.png

I like Aphrodite too but he didn't get a lot of shine sadly. I guess Albafica made up for that a bit.

I am a gemini, and I never really took any notice on this kind of stuff, but man I was proud during my childhood that I could play as saga, the master of the sactuary, and the strongest gold knight.

Yes, I know, chaka representing virgo is the only one that achieved the 7th sense and all that, but in that saga he had no active participation.

Sethista

Even without late series spoilers, his armor had the strongest powers.

If ikki and shun didn't traded places the sanctuary saga would have lasted like 5 episodes

1- everyone before shaka
2- shaka
3- everyone after shaka
4- endboss

I don't know whch would be more broken, battle hardened shun with phoenix armor or ikki using the andromeda armor to its fullest

Ikky is the more complette knight, in battle trainning, and variety of powers. He can attack your mind, and has one of the most devastating phisical attacks as well.

Shun is nothing without that chain.

Granted, its a very powerful chain. But still

Unai

Ikky is the more complette knight, in battle trainning, and variety of powers. He can attack your mind, and has one of the most devastating phisical attacks as well.

Shun is nothing without that chain.

Granted, its a very powerful chain. But still

Lol, that's no quite true. The chain is not what makes him string, au contraire, it is his way of going easy on his opponents, because it's very hard to survive his "naked" attack. He could shatter a silver armor before going back to Japan to find his brother. The thing is, Shun is a pacifist above everything else.

Edit: But I can agree the Ikki is the most complete knight among the protagonists.

How did Saga even kill Shion

It made sense when the Pope was just some normal dude named Ares
Any gold Saint can kill any other gold saint whose guard is down, he attacked Shion from the back while hiding his true self. Plus Shion was old AF

Lol, that's no quite true. The chain is not what makes him string, au contraire, it is his way of going easy on his opponents, because it's very hard to survive his "naked" attack. He could shatter a silver armor before going back to Japan to find his brother. The thing is, Shun is a pacifist above everything else.

Edit: But I can agree the Ikki is the most complete knight among the protagonists.

Plus there is Ikki's like line where he says that Shun could be the strongest among the bronze if he so wanted, he was just as you said not interested in harming people

Unai

I hope this remake reveal the one true mystery of the original anime: When did Seiya learned how to play the guitar? :D

latest

Top Bottom