• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy’s Sam Lake Says He Still Hopes to Create Alan Wake 2

Mista

Banned
alan-wake-ds1-1340x1340.jpg

In a new conversation with IGN, Lake spoke about Alan Wake and said that he’s still holding out hope that the stars will align one day that would allow Remedy to create the long-awaited follow-up to the 2010 game. Even though Alan Wake never sold all-that-well at market, the game has since become a cult classic and later received a spin-off title called Alan Wake’s American Nightmare in 2012.
“I want to make it. At this point, so much time has passed. I feel that the bar is higher in some ways. It needs to be done right if it’s ever done. Everything needs to click into place, which is really hard to make it happen. So many things, for these big games to be greenlit, need to be aligned. But I’m hoping that someday….”

DanielsM

Banned
First game (bought for like $10) is mostly averagish imo, some good graphics, the narrative is nice, combat is repetitive and not that good.... the DLC was actually better to me. Alan Wake American Nightmare was complete trash, imo, and I think I got it for $2-3.... repetitive couldn't even describe how repetitve this game was... literally about 20 minutes of game play for like 3-4 hours.

Like playing ground hog day over and over.

tumblr_lyrqlbaC271qzdf0go1_500.gif

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I absolutely love the first game. I replay it and American Nightmare at least once a year on Steam (it completely destroys the 360 version which I also own). The soundtrack at the end of each episode can still give me chills.

Especially this song:

This is the one game I use as an example where it became blatantly clear to not release a game the same day/week/month as a Rockstar game (Red Dead Redemption released the same day)

I would love to see a sequel in the series. They have an amazing world that they could be unbelievably creative in.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It’s quite simple:
Remaster the first game and bring it to current gen consoles. The PC version still looks great so it doesn’t need much fixing aside from the animations.

Saber

Gold Member
From I hear Alan Wake IP belongs to Remedy instead of Microsoft, I would love if they release the original game on PS4. I really, REALLY enjoyed the 1st game when I still had my 360.

You and me both. Its a great game.

My fear of having a sequel is...well, they seems like they lose their touch.

Bkdk

Sam Lake will be the real life alan wake it seems. Remedy could be shutting down due to back to back unsuccessful games. Sam will be using his money to buy a house at a countryside going insane thinking of his next plot. This will be alan wake 2 with alan starting at drowning at a lake trying to go big again.

pqueue

Such bullshit:
"Everything needs to click into place, which is really hard to make it happen. So many things, for these big games to be greenlit, need to be aligned. But I’m hoping that someday… "

I really wish he would shut the fuck up about it. If they own the IP and publishing rights now, whether they make it or not is all up to them. Stop dangling bullshit and calling it a carrot.

Alan Wake had some good ideas and great visuals, but gameplay wise I found it pretty boring. Shooting ghosts got old real fast. They would have to make the gameplay more interesting to get me hyped.

Alan Wake is one of my favourite games of all time quite frankly, I hope they make another one.

It's funny how at the time of release everyone seemed to dislike Alan Wake and now, compared to the shit we get these days, it looks like one of the best games ever made lol.

xrnzaaas

I would be there day 0. For now I'm hoping they'll release a PS4 version so I can quadruple dip.

Last edited:

mejin

people need to know the ip first, so bring it to playstation is a must.

I think Bluepoint could make a great remaster for them.

Top Bottom