• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy Entertainment plans to reboot codename Vanguard to a premium game with a strong cooperative multiplayer component

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
From the horse's mouth

F-0sdCHXQAEWgQu

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
OK this feels like something that could attract people, the issue will be if they treat it like its going to be a AAA GaaS success out the gate and immediately fuck themselves out of player good will with terrible monetisation or not.

Good solid coop games are very rare, because the issue is many people try them but forget to try and make working as a team feel natural via mechanics rather than force people together with them.

DaGwaphics

Sounds like no one was impressed by the initial showing. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

New game sounds more interesting anyways. We need some more good coop games, with full fledged campaigns and stories. Those can always be really fun.

acm2000

Sounds like no one was impressed by the initial showing. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

New game sounds more interesting anyways. We need some more good coop games, with full fledged campaigns and stories. Those can always be really fun.
they struggled to get someone to take on alan wake 2 and yet still thats my GOTY

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I don't care about this project, but at least working close with the chinese allowed Remedy to finance a very risky sequel like Alan Wake 2. It's not a coincidence that nothing happened with that IP for 13 years.

Top Bottom