• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Forza Motorsport's loading screens is breaking the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
jogadores-reclamam-de-um-bug-no-forza-motorsport-que-pode-quebrar-o-jogo-no-modo-carreira-097704.jpg

Forza Motorsport hasn't fully launched yet, but some of those playing in early access appear to be experiencing a game breaking bug.

As shared by one player in the Xbox Series X subreddit, a post on the Forza Forums has seen a number of players reporting the bug in question. The Reddit user detailed what the bug does, writing "every time you upgrade a car or purchase a new car, there is a chance the game will enter an infinite loading screen, and there is no error handling or timeout. The game will just hang there indefinitely. And you are forced to restart the game, which will cause you to lose your career progress."

Once this happens, you will not be able to advance through the game because your saves are now out of sync or corrupted.

While for most the bug just seems to result in lost progress, at worst you can be prevented from playing the game at all, with this particular user writing, "once this happens, you will not be able to progress in the game because the saves are now de-synced or corrupted." Other users both on the subreddit and in the forum just report having to repeat races they just completed, which is still irritating but not as severe.

Source

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
This game wasn't ready and needs major changes to whats already there not to mention how much of a let down it was seeing the preview video with these types of RT and it simply was a lie

Si0Qusr.jpg
People need to understand that releasing games in half-finished ways is more profitable for Microsoft. It's no coincidence that so many games of their games are launched "before it was ready" and "needed a few more months of polish."
  • They sell early access premium versions for games that aren't 100% done.
  • They encourage people to subscribe to Game Pass so they can play this 1.0 version.
  • Microsoft then slowly rolls out patches and updates so people stay subscribed to Game Pass and keep giving them money.

Futaleufu

AFAIK the loading screen bug has been a thing since at least Forza Horizon 3 but it didnt corrupt your saves, you just got stuck in it. It can also happen in FH4 and FM7.

cormack12

Gold Member
This is great, I love Adventure between races. I'm a Souls player btw. Didn't like to mention it but we generally like harder games.

People need to understand that releasing games in half-finished ways is more profitable for Microsoft. It's no coincidence that so many games of their games are launched "before it was ready" and "needed a few more months of polish."
  • They sell early access premium versions for games that aren't 100% done.
  • They encourage people to subscribe to Game Pass so they can play this 1.0 version.
  • Microsoft then slowly rolls out patches and updates so people stay subscribed to Game Pass and keep giving them money.
More profitable until people starting to realize they only get shit and suddenly for some unknown reason stop their subs. And when that damage is done, there is no repairing it anymore.

GHG

Literally 10 hours in to the game bought several different cars 0 bugs on series X
I swear people here are looking for excuses to shit on Microsoft games

True Detective Time GIF

A decade later, the same shit and the same bullshit handwaving.

I've said this before, I'll say it again. Over long periods of time, fanbases/audiences ultimately get the products they deserve.

Literally 10 hours in to the game bought several different cars 0 bugs on series X
Bugs don't happen to everyone, that's kinda the point.
If anyone should be shit on it's the people complaining about puddles in spider-man or god of war not having a jump button or Aloy having chunky cheeks or god of war using a same boat animation or . . . . etc.

clarky

Gold Member
Surprised there's not a patch incoming or communication from the dev's on the state of things.

Usually we get an apology tweet telling us how sorry they are and they are grafting had to correct it, btw here a vw beetle as compensation.

I'm still looking forward to playing this tomorrow, but when I hear things about this it makes me want to wait a few weeks before I really get into it. I can deal with a visual glitch here and there, but a bug that erases your progress is is something that would make me lose my shit.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Dang, feel bad for the small number of players who got effected.

Can't wait to dig into this, everything so far has looked incredible, this looks like it's gonna join the likes of Flight Sim as showpiece games of the gen you bust out to wow folks.

Saber

Gold Member

Reminds me of Skyrim. Got bugs/glitches everytime I was playing Skyrim, some of them even critical to the point of turning down my console. And then a random person says to me "I played 80 hours of Skyrim and these bugs never happened to me".
It aways never happened to some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom