• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 - 14 minutes of no-commentary B-roll gameplay

J3nga

87415586_210144820135198_315153739423940608_n.png

Zombie models straight outta RE2, it's not a big issue to me or deal breaker, but I kinda wished they would've added new zombie models.

SuperGooey

Not a fan of Jill's voice and personality in this.

Not a fan of the walkie-talkie bits that stop gameplay, only allowing you to walk.

Nemesis looks more annoying than anything.

I'm disappointed by no new zombie models.

The drain deimos are lame now.

Yikes... I'm not sure I like what I'm seeing, I guess the perfect dodge is a nice touch, and the environments looks great. But overall, this gameplay footage is disappointing to me.

EDIT: I'm definitely warming up to this game after watching more footage; though, I still have these gripes with the game.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

I can confirm that EVERY zombie shown in all the footage, trailers and screenshots of RE3make are the same models used in RE2make. There are no new zombie models based on everything shown at this point.

That is lame.

GymWolf

Probably there are some new models, but this one's from 2, I played the damn thing like 6 times.
I was not doubting what he said, i still have to see the video.
I was just stating that zombie in original re3 looks pretty different compared to re2 zombies,maybe i wasn't clear enough.

Last edited:

Helscream

Banned
That death by G-Virus Blobfish thing was brutal. It seems that Nemesis has a arsenal of weapons (something other than the rocket launcher) which is cool. Still don't like how they designed his face, it just looks ugly and not intimidating. Dodge mechanic is also a plus.

notReeves

Neo Member
Oh my god it's amazing. Haven't been this hyped for a game in a long time. The emergency dodge is back! Can't wait to see how it plays. Hope they release the demo soon.

J3nga

I was not doubting what he said, i still have to see the video.
I was just stating that zombie in original re3 looks pretty different compared to re2 zombies,maybe i wasn't clear enough.
Now it makes sense, I was talking remake. They were different in original, but that was whole another story, low poly, low detailed, pretty much low anything which took a lot less resources to make compared to now. RE2 2019 zombie models look real good i'll give that, but Capcom really likes to cut corners here and there, like that 2nd run in remake was huge disappointment to me.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
No thank you. I don't want to know / see anything about this game before release. Only one month left, can't wait!!!

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
You can kill him and get special rewards.

I'm not trapped in a city with him, it's the other way around :messenger_sunglasses:
did they say what the rewards would be? Also I heard soooo many people bitchn and moaning that the Tyrant madr the game to hard lol

GymWolf

Did they confirm this in the remake? Or are you assuming you can down Nemesis for rewards based on the original RE3?
I readed this on reeeeeee, a guy was talking about it, maybe he heard this in some previews?
Not even capcom can be so lame to cut special rewards from killing nemesis i think...

GymWolf

did they say what the rewards would be? Also I heard soooo many people bitchn and moaning that the Tyrant madr the game to hard lol
People need to play on easy if they have to bitch for every single thing more difficult than spamming buttons...
The game is piss easy on normal and mr baldy is slower than me when i had a broken foot.
I only readed that you have a reward,i suppose is gonna be the same as the orginal game...

Last edited:

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
People need to play on easy if they have to bitch for every single thing more difficult than spamming buttons...
I only readed that you have a reward,i suppose is gonna be the same as the orginal game...
yep, bitch made born in 3d gamers. Also the ionly resident evil i played was 4, so this Remake was my first go around in a long while. First playthrough I beat the game on Hardcore, its not even hard honestly.

GymWolf

Looks generic as fuck. They dropped the ball so hard on these remakes
You are not gonna live the same emotions you lived with the original games, i already make piece with myself about this, not saying that they are bad games, but the originals are magic, the only remake that did that to me was rebirth on gamecube, still the best remake in videogame history.

SuperGooey

I readed this on reeeeeee, a guy was talking about it, maybe he heard this in some previews?
Not even capcom can be so lame to cut special rewards from killing nemesis i think...
Capcom did cut the ammo drops for downing Mr. X in RE2make, but that was a different game.

June

You are not gonna live the same emotions you lived with the original games, i already make piece with myself about this, not saying that they are bad games, but the originals are magic, the only remake that did that to me was rebirth on gamecube, still the best remake in videogame history.
Well you should be able to. Thats the point of remake, to capture the spirit of the original. Not just hop on modern trends to cash in. That said, I never expected remake3 to be good considering they were just gonna follow the basic formula of remake2

GymWolf

Well you should be able to. Thats the point of remake, to capture the spirit of the original. Not just hop on modern trends to cash in. That said, I never expected remake3 to be good considering they were just gonna follow the basic formula of remake2
Shadow of the colossus remake was another great one, have you played that?

June

Shadow of the colossus remake was another great one, have you played that?

Nah I never bothered beause I played the PS2 version not long before it. Dont feel like replaying just for the graphics.

But that remake looks good because its basically a graphically upgrade aint it? No wholesale design changes.

GymWolf

Nah I never bothered beause I played the PS2 version not long before it. Dont feel like replaying just for the graphics.

But that remake looks good because its basically a graphically upgrade aint it? No wholesale design changes.
Yeah, it's only a graphic and framerate enhancement.

June

One thing I don't like is that the game seems too dark, a problem I had with RE2R too.

they love taking the colours out of these games. Even the early remasters on gamecube they drained the colours.and now the remakes they just take away all the lights.

The early ps1 versions are vibrant as fuck and look so much better for it

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

resident-evil-remake-hd-remaster-a-dining-room-screenshot.jpg

2454842-1.jpg

Resident_Evil_2_Police_Station_1_3__0021_Layer_71.0.jpg

og-resi-2-blog.jpg

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

Holy shit Nemesis is quick as fuck. I was scared of Mr. X, but he was pretty easy to run around - Nemesis on the other hand...

SuperGooey

I gotta say, the lighting and environments in this game look incredible. It feels a lot different to the atmosphere of the original RE3, but I'm fine with the remake feeling more like its own game.

The new Hunter Gamma makes me super excited to see how other enemies will be redesigned. I'm hoping their inclusion doesn't mean the Gravedigger, which was found in the sewer location in the OG game, gets cut from the remake.

I'm also happy with how the perfect dodge was implemented based on the footage, and the fact that Nemesis drops upgraded ammo means I'll be able to really test this mechanic!

Mato

they love taking the colours out of these games. Even the early remasters on gamecube they drained the colours.and now the remakes they just take away all the lights.

The early ps1 versions are vibrant as fuck and look so much better for it

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

resident-evil-remake-hd-remaster-a-dining-room-screenshot.jpg

2454842-1.jpg

Resident_Evil_2_Police_Station_1_3__0021_Layer_71.0.jpg

og-resi-2-blog.jpg

I've noticed this also. It's one of the reasons I still enjoy the look of the earlier games. RE7 especially is very morbid and dark-looking. The earlier games where a lot more campy-Hollywood fun partly because of their look.

Top Bottom