• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 - 14 minutes of no-commentary B-roll gameplay

Barnabot

once you've defeated nemesis he doesn't stay down anymore he just bend the knee for a couple of seconds just like mr. x from re 2 remake and then resume the pursuit. you get some reward if you defeat him though.

SuperGooey

According to a live stream done on the Resident Evil Database channel yesterday, there is a new enemy type in the demo that they weren't able to reveal. It's not the zombie dogs, and she didn't confuse the Drain Deimos or Hunter Gamma for a new enemy.

Unfortunately, the live stream is down, but it was mentioned on Reddit**. Assuming this is true, here's the R3make's bestiary so far:

Confirmed Enemies:
-Nemesis
-Zombies
-Zombie Dogs
-Hunter Beta
-Hunter Gamma
-Drain Deimos

Rumored Enemies:
-New enemy seen in demo
-Crows (teased by a RE Ambassador Manager)
-A second type of zombie dog (Dusk Golem from ResetEra mentioned this)

Remaining RE3 Classic Enemies:
-Giant/Small Spiders
-Sliding Worms
-Grave Digger
-Brain Suckers

**Live stream was recorded! At 19:00 in the video.

"Monique, você viu algum inimigo inédito?" "Sim, mas eu não posso falar sobre. Porém, sim."
Translation:
"Monique, have you saw a new enemy?" "Yes, but I am not allowed to talk about it. But yes, there will be a new enemy."

Special thanks to murillondo from Reddit for finding this and translating!

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Nemesis kind of looks a little rart here, inbetween some cool moments. I’m hoping this is an easier difficulty or something.

Basically, being dragged in by a chain, or being grabbed by the head, thrown, and having a flamethrower aimed at you should be terrifying. The thing is, he doesn’t follow up the chain thing. He just... stands there. Likewise with the latter — he takes forever and a half to actually fire the flamethrower.

Same with the punches at the beginning. He looks more like he belongs in an MMA ring than a horror game (even a more action-oriented one).

If Nemesis doesn’t come off as an actual threat, it will go from fear to annoying Family Guy Kool-Aid Man, really quickly.

MiguelItUp

Hyped AF. It's interesting seeing some people's disappointment and expectations, as always, to each their own! I'm definitely excited about it. But I also wasn't over hyping myself. Just told myself if it's on par with the RE2 Remake, or better, I'm good, haha.

Last edited:

Green_Eyes

Man I wish I never watched this...why would you show the Nemesis jump scares!? Now I'm gonna be expecting that shit when I get to finally play and it'll have little impact =/ Game looks amazing though.

dan76

I don't get why they can't make the zombies more susceptible to headshots.

If they would give you less ammo and make your aim shift up with the recoil of the weapon it wouldn't be so easy and it would make fighting the zombies not feel so cheap.

I agree. Less ammo or more zombies, but headshots actually count for something. A critical hit should be about accuracy, not chance. I loved REmake 2 anyhow, and I can see why they decided to go the route they did.

With this, I'm liking the dodge / slowdown thing as I've just been playing Vanquish. Weird to see it in RE though.

Top Bottom