• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Reveal Trailer (April 3rd 2020)

Geki-D

Banned
Hum. Maybe. It's definitely odd that his head is completely shrouded in black when it's normally white. The only counter I can think of is that in the trailer we never actually see Nemesis' face besides an extreme close up at the end which again seems to be shot in a way that still hides most of his face. In that regard his face being hidden at the beginning would be a style choice so that the reveal at the end has more effect.

Of course it seems pointless to not show his face in the trailer but then splash it all over the rest of the promo material.

SuperGooey

Of course it seems pointless to not show his face in the trailer but then splash it all over the rest of the promo material.
Haha! Exactly! I said the same thing when the trailer released. I'm still excited for RE3make, but the trailer is bad. Completely unfocused and sloppy.

I can see Nemesis having a mask at first, like how Mr. X had a fedora that eventually comes off. In RE3 Classic, Nemesis slowly becomes more exposed as the game goes on. In the second half of the game, he is shirtless, revealing his, uh, tentacles.

Arnas

Hum. Maybe. It's definitely odd that his head is completely shrouded in black when it's normally white. The only counter I can think of is that in the trailer we never actually see Nemesis' face besides an extreme close up at the end which again seems to be shot in a way that still hides most of his face. In that regard his face being hidden at the beginning would be a style choice so that the reveal at the end has more effect.

I have another theory . as you can see the nemesis is doing his signature pose & roar stance. his head might be tilted upwards to the left which would make sense that the reflection of his visor to the right eye is visible.

Last edited:

Arnas

Is he wearing some kind of goggles ?

gogels.png

Last edited:
Why are they turning Nemesis into Jason from Friday the 13th. 🤔

They are kinda similar though, over powered, ugly as fuck, wanting to kill some sole white bitch survivor.

Belmonte

I'm way more worried about how much faithful the RE3 locations are than Jill's face. I hope they do them like RE2 remake instead of changing too much. RE3 has some of my favorite locations in the series with godlike pacing. What worries me is that RE3 have much more asset variety than RE2, so it would be more expensive to make faithful.

PS.: Code Veronica is awesome. You are all insane.

Ingeniero

It would be cool is Nemesis is introduced masked as protective equipment and after the first fight he losses his mask and becomes more vulnerable.
Second fight he losses his heart armor and so on.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Can I be that person that says not to play RE0 before RE2 and RE3? Of course if prefer the visually modern aspect of it then continue. In some ways RE0 is the best game in the series because it takes the formula as far as you could stretch it almost, to extremely autistic levels in a way. However, RE on steroids might best be reserved until you've already experienced the standard flavour version. I know most people give RE0 a bad reputation, but in terms of item management it can be great at times. I find it to be the 2nd hardest in the series, by which I mean Zero-CV (+REmake and RE2make).

I hate RECV. Never finished it. Ugly, uninspiring areas and not much item management. That's just me.
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X isn't for everyone, that's for sure. It took me more than a year to finish it; probably started it up roughly one hundred fifty plus times. I died probably a couple hundred times....

What I love about it, is the challenge. Toughest game I've ever played. Toughest game to date imo. So I respect it heavily. I loved the twisted plot and story, especially how it ventured out to the Antarctic to a top secret experimental laboratory. It makes sense that the bloodline would have taken such measures to cover up their tracks. But anyway, I loved Code: Veronica from start to finish

Arnas

It would be cool is Nemesis is introduced masked as protective equipment and after the first fight he losses his mask and becomes more vulnerable.
Second fight he losses his heart armor and so on.

I think that is the likely scenario, MR.X was wearing a hat that you could shoot.

He is definitely wearing a mask
Resident-Evil-3-Announcement-Trailer-mp4-snapshot-01-22-883.jpg

Belmonte

Prove it.

How can I prove Code Veronica is an awesome game? You think it is the second worst Capcom game you ever played, I can't argue with that. It is not like gaming is a hard science where I can make some some calculations and prove you are wrong. You do you.

It has been more than a decade since I played it, so I can't make a deep analysis but I remember I liked how the resource management and specially the puzzles were more challenging. The atmosphere was great, and the horror theme was intensified compared to RE2 and RE3. Felt like a return to RE1. Despite some out of place action scenes, like the opening, I liked the story too.

SuperGooey

How can I prove Code Veronica is an awesome game? You think it is the second worst Capcom game you ever played, I can't argue with that. It is not like gaming is a hard science where I can make some some calculations and prove you are wrong. You do you.

It has been more than a decade since I played it, so I can't make a deep analysis but I remember I liked how the resource management and specially the puzzles were more challenging. The atmosphere was great, and the horror theme was intensified compared to RE2 and RE3. Felt like a return to RE1. Despite some out of place action scenes, like the opening, I liked the story too.
PROVE IT

Nickolaidas

Who is he? Bane?

If he takes the mask off, will he die?

Prove it.

Pretty sure they (umbrella) supposedly conceal his features in order to gain less attention to himself as he walks through civilized areas. Though truth be told, a man that tall will definitely turn some heads, especially when he is dressed like a dark twisted version of inspector gadget.

"GO GO ATOMIC ROCKET LAUNCHER!! *FWOOOOSH* *KABOOOM!!!* Staaaaars ..."

Last edited:

SuperGooey

What do you guys think about the choice system/multiple endings returning in the remake? Is it likely or not? And what kind of choices would you like to see if it does return?

I expect that the remake will not the same choice system that the original had, but I'm hoping there still will be some choice that will change the story. At the very least, I think there should be different endings depending on whether Jill kills Nikolai, Nemesis kills Nikolai, or Nikolai escapes. Even RE1 had multiple endings depending on who survived, so I think that would be a fair compromise, especially if they beef up the overall campaign in the remake.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!

The opening is pretty amazing, it's the rest stuff that kinda went downhill (but no more than RE4 and onward titles, it's kinda where the series went batshit crazy on that front and the rest carried on from). But yes the gameplay is great, I'm playing through it and it's as good as you remember.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What do you guys think about the choice system/multiple endings returning in the remake? Is it likely or not? And what kind of choices would you like to see if it does return?

I expect that the remake will not the same choice system that the original had, but I'm hoping there still will be some choice that will change the story. At the very least, I think there should be different endings depending on whether Jill kills Nikolai, Nemesis kills Nikolai, or Nikolai escapes. Even RE1 had multiple endings depending on who survived, so I think that would be a fair compromise, especially if they beef up the overall campaign in the remake.
Actually just like original RE Remake I want to see base on our choice we might fight different bosses or fighting same boss in different way. For example: in Jill’s campaign you destroyed Plant 42 by making V-Jolt but Chris case I couldn’t so I straight up fought with Plant 42. I heard you can make V-Jolt by using Rebecca but I think if you couldn’t save Richard in your first time.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Actually just like original RE Remake I want to see base on our choice we might fight different bosses or fighting same boss in different way. For example: in Jill’s campaign you destroyed Plant 42 by making V-Jolt but Chris case I couldn’t so I straight up fought with Plant 42. I heard you can make V-Jolt by using Rebecca but I think if you couldn’t save Richard in your first time.
In REmake Jill can either kill Plant 42 with V-Jolt or without it. If you straight up fight it, sometimes Barry will come in to help you with the flamethrower and sometimes he won't. I'm not sure what you need to do to get Barry to help. You're right about Rebecca making V-Jolt.

By the way, I just discovered a new cutscene in REmake where Barry will show up where Forrest is, and he hands Jill the grenade launcher. I never got the cutscenes before as far as I remember.

REmake, RE1, and RE3 have many variations of cutscenes and switch up if allies will help you in boss battles or not. It would be a shame if this wasn't carried over to RE3make.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
By the way, I just discovered a new cutscene in REmake where Barry will show up where Forrest is, and he hands Jill the grenade launcher. I never got the cutscenes before as far as I remember.
That's in the original RE too, I just got it on the Saturn version by going through searching that floor/room after we (Barry & Jill) both agree we should stay searching the first floor instead. Apparently none of us did that, lol, he just shrugs it off by going BUT TAKE A LOOK AT THIS! Oh, okay then xD

Last edited:

Danjin44

In REmake Jill can either kill Plant 42 with V-Jolt or without it. If you straight up fight it, sometimes Barry will come in to help you with the flamethrower and sometimes he won't. I'm not sure what you need to do to get Barry to help. You're right about Rebecca making V-Jolt.

REmake, RE1, and RE3 have many variations of cutscenes and switch up if allies will help you in boss battles or not. It would be a shame if this wasn't carried over to RE3make.
Actually even if Jill kills Plant 42 with V-Jolt Barry still saves her with Flamethrower, I think Barry has to saves Jill first time when she gets the shotgun and it triggers the trap, I'm not entirely sure.

Thats interesting Barry hand me over bullets for Grenade Launcher but not the weapon itself.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
It's in the original too, and it's where Barry delivers one of his best lines: "It's Forest! Oh my COD!"

SuperGooey

It's in the original too, and it's where Barry delivers one of his best lines: "It's Forest! Oh my COD!"
I did know that--one of my favorite lines in the game! Haha! But I never knew until now that that scene is in the remake. Granted, it's not as amazing without the original dialogue.

SuperGooey

I love the hair. It's more "anime", and I mean that in a good way. A lot of the RE character designs since RE7 lost that Capcom-y character design flair. I think new Carlos has that flair!

Makes me excited to see if they re-redesign Chris in the RE Engine.

Danjin44

I love the hair. It's more "anime", and I mean that in a good way. A lot of the RE character designs since RE7 lost that Capcom-y character design flair. I think new Carlos has that flair!

Makes me excited to see if they re-redesign Chris in the RE Engine.
I fully understand what you mean, after playing original REremake it showed me how much miss the more stylize character design over hyper realistic visuals Capcom going for these days.

Mato

For some reason my interest has tapered off after the reveal trailer. It seems generic, uninteresting. I loved RE2R and I was eager to see how the city from RE3 would look in full 3D, but now that it's almost here I barely care anymore. I predict that this remake's reception will be similar to the original - strangely uneventful.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Why does he look like he just jumped the border. Dude needs a shower and a haircut.

"I know. You want to ask me out. All the foxy ladies love my accent. It drives them crazy."

- Carlos RE3 Original

"I know. You want to ask me out. but let me first take a bath .All the foxy ladies love when I take a bath It drives them crazy."

- Carlos RE3 Remake

GrayChild

"I know. You want to ask me out. All the foxy ladies love my accent. It drives them crazy."

- Carlos RE3 Original

"I know. You want to ask me out. but let me first take a bath .All the foxy ladies love when I take a bath It drives them crazy."

- Carlos RE3 Remake

"I know. You want to ask me out. but let me first take a bath. All the foxy ladies love my messy hair. It drives them crazy."

Top Bottom