• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Reveal Trailer (April 3rd 2020)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
ee8b38b8927950b3590dd1e00f7bee487a225e85.jpg

594ba6fe7e3e81f4a0266d22765ced9fd65c4b78.jpg

0555a2a1ec5217c37c1fc9dc12f900cf0c9809f4.jpg

1a5dea67f010be2a6e536f040c78b714edbe328d.jpg

15c9d68e25dafc0bb97e7770b33c4f514886b000.jpg

fdf4375166485dcc7ab5b3a77c2479ed75612921.jpg

445f2d742b4d20a43d1a776f61371766fbd1e221.jpg

d4745af3cef95982f9b6443ff7cd5146b2882322.jpg

18548c74356b3e5bd6b4d80af5b02d05c0a66305.jpg

e02038d13467500670aa3b1c6bd152c872eea09a.jpg

19022ecd244930f3ee9ccab9b4f2ac28fa88e741.jpg

3baf30c5371341a643bba069e3f156b775f38783.jpg

I'm a Tyrone main.

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Z version? That's Japan only, meaning less censoring. Still more censored than the western release though.
If you look in those section there's 2 PS4 versions above the collectors edition priced at 7800 and 7091 both those listings appear in the d version and z version.

RSB

Banned

Well, it's better than Revelations Jill at least. REmake Jill is still the best by a huge margin though, of course.

I thought I would get used to it, but after four games (RE7, RE2 reimagining, DMC5 and now RE3 reimagining) I'm still quite unhappy with this obsession Capcom now has with realism, and using photogrammetry for everything. I much preferred Capcom's approach during previous generations, with a somewhat realistic, yet still clearly stylized art style. Their games now have this very realistic, yet boring and homogeneous look. Ugh.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Well, it's better than Revelations Jill at least. REmake Jill is still the best by a huge margin though, of course.

I thought I would get used to it, but after four games (RE7, RE2 reimagining, DMC5 and now RE3 reimagining) I'm still quite unhappy with this obsession Capcom now has with realism, and using photogrammetry for everything. I much preferred Capcom's approach during previous generations, with a somewhat realistic, yet still clearly stylized art style. Their games now have this very realistic, yet boring and homogeneous look. Ugh.
I like the new Jill model a lot, but I agree that Capcom's obsession with realism this gen is... boring. From an art style perspective, I think RE4, RE5, and RE6 all look better than RE7/RE2make. RE5 still looks amazing. I doubt RE7 will hold up 10 years from now.

Reactions: RSB

Coflash

RE5 looks like trash to me, it's from that era where most games looked the same (too much of a brown / yellow / sepia pallette). RE2make is sublime in the visual department. The lighting alone sets the tone better than RE4/5/6 ever could.

I liked RE5 at the time, I believe I even did over a dozen playthroughs (trying to climb that world ladder), but as a Resident Evil game, it wasn't very good. I like slower pacing, it was far too action oriented.

Last edited:

Christopher

Common misconception.

RE3 Classic didn't reuse a single character/enemy model except Marvin. The RPD is reused, but that's a short segment--2% of the game. Everything else is entirely new.

The zombies were reskined we’re they not? The assists and engine were heavily utilized from RE2. I enjoyed them immensely but one can’t help but notice the similarities

SuperGooey

The zombies were reskined we’re they not? The assists and engine were heavily utilized from RE2. I enjoyed them immensely but one can’t help but notice the similarities
The RE3 zombies are completely different models. As far as the zombie AI, the zombies in RE2 have more in common with the zombies in RE1 than RE3. RE3 revamped the zombie behavior giving them three different speeds and a quick 180 turn.

All three PS1 RE games utilize the same engine, so yeah, they all have similarities. RE3 reuses the RE2 ammo portraits for shotgun shells, grenade rounds, and handgun bullets (RE1 had 3D models for menu items instead), and uses a very similar pause menu, Marvin's character model, and a few rooms from the RPD (as mentioned), but that's really it. RE3 is as much of its own game as RE1 and RE2 are.

manuels

Neo Member
I just remembered you get rewards for fighting instead of running against certain nemesis encounters i hope they keep that in.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just in case it hasn't been posted, the pre-order is currently 25% off at Green Man Gaming.

Just in case it hasn't been posted, the pre-order is currently 25% off at Green Man Gaming.

Thanks for the heads up. 22% in £GBP. I think you need to be logged in to see the full discount. It might be part of that VIP system GMG uses. I only saw 11% before I was logged in. It seems distributors now have listings for the game.

cdkeys have it cheaper, however GMG state there is a pre-order bonus while cdkeys make no mention of it. Decisions...

SuperGooey

Total babe! She does give me Julia Voth vibes with those sleepy eyes.

BTW, we never found out the source of this leaked image. It wasn't in any of the released footage or screenshots so far. I was kind of hoping this was hinting at another trailer soon, but Capcom said they are currently in a process of editing the second trailer.

QZHVjwk.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the heads up. 22% in £GBP. I think you need to be logged in to see the full discount. It might be part of that VIP system GMG uses. I only saw 11% before I was logged in. It seems distributors now have listings for the game.

cdkeys have it cheaper, however GMG state there is a pre-order bonus while cdkeys make no mention of it. Decisions...

Yeah, GMG is an official retailer, so you don't have to worry about anything shady with them.

Aggelos

Total babe! She does give me Julia Voth vibes with those sleepy eyes.

BTW, we never found out the source of this leaked image. It wasn't in any of the released footage or screenshots so far. I was kind of hoping this was hinting at another trailer soon, but Capcom said they are currently in a process of editing the second trailer.

QZHVjwk.png

And this one with Nemesis showcasing his nasty tentacles.

EK3qDQlXkAEPVgR

So the only I can say,is that, as cvxfreak gave the gist from Capcom's TV episode, they mentioned that a new trailer is coming.
So perhaps you should wait for the newest trailer to arrive.

Expect Nemesis to be “a lot more ferocious” than Mr. X from Resident Evil 2

There are more characters that have yet to be revealed in the REsistance multiplayer game

There will be a fourteen-page special on Resident Evil 3 Remake in tomorrow’s issue of Famitsu (Alex will try to get a translation of the special out as soon as he can).
Capcom are very pleased with the response to Resident Evil 3 Remake‘s reveal.
While Resident Evil 2 Remake tried to remain faithful to the original game, Resident Evil 3 Remake will be taking many more liberties with the story, and the story we already know will have “arrangements”. Characters are meant to stand out more than they originally did. Dario Rosso and Brad Vickers are examples of this. He will have a much larger role than before, although they can’t get into it too much yet.

That was indeed a Hunter β we saw in the reveal trailer, and we should look forward to it working “a bit different” than it did in the original game.

"Capcom is currently working on the second Resident Evil 3 Remake trailer, due out early 2020. This will have more screen-time for Carlos and Nemesis. "

Last edited:

kunonabi

I remember playing RE3 and thinking the zombies looked ripped from RE2. Sure, some more details, but they looked and felt the same for the most part. Throw on some new sounds and behavior, and that was it. Thought nothing of it. It made sense to me in the timeline as well.

I honestly felt like we'd be seeing the same here, especially with the time between the remakes. I'm sure we'll be seeing some of the same as well as some new ones. So I really don't see a problem. 🤷‍♂️

Also, I love consistency, lol.
The original Re3 was actually a huge step up in zombie variety and design from RE2.

MiguelItUp

The original Re3 was actually a huge step up in zombie variety and design from RE2.
When it came out on PS1 I was about 13/14, so I don't recall TOO much of a difference. The main thing I remembered the most in terms of changes was the torso separation that would happen periodically after being damaged. Different textures and skins and such, but it wasn't enough for me to acknowledge it. Again, probably because my age, but also the jump from RE1 to RE2 was substantial, RE2 to RE3 not so much.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Cannot wait. I've just beaten Resident Evil Code: Veronica X a week ago, I'm playing Resident Evil Zer0 right now
I've never played RE2 or RE3 so those will be next. I'll probably finish RE2 Remake just on time to be ready for RE3 Remake - it's a perfect time to play through the series anybody who hasn't

Cannot wait. I've just beaten Resident Evil Code: Veronica X a week ago, I'm playing Resident Evil Zer0 right now
I've never played RE2 or RE3 so those will be next. I'll probably finish RE2 Remake just on time to be ready for RE3 Remake - it's a perfect time to play through the series anybody who hasn't

Can I be that person that says not to play RE0 before RE2 and RE3? Of course if prefer the visually modern aspect of it then continue. In some ways RE0 is the best game in the series because it takes the formula as far as you could stretch it almost, to extremely autistic levels in a way. However, RE on steroids might best be reserved until you've already experienced the standard flavour version. I know most people give RE0 a bad reputation, but in terms of item management it can be great at times. I find it to be the 2nd hardest in the series, by which I mean Zero-CV (+REmake and RE2make).

I hate RECV. Never finished it. Ugly, uninspiring areas and not much item management. That's just me.

SuperGooey

In my opinion:

Code Veronica is a bad game-- easily the worst Resident Evil, and the worst Capcom game I've played besides Street Fighter 1. Zero isn't much better. Fuck 'em both.

Last edited:
In my opinion:

Code Veronica is a bad game-- easily the worst Resident Evil, and the worst Capcom game I've played besides Street Fighter 1. Zero isn't much better. Fuck 'em both.
Both are good in concept with what they wanted to do for the series, but yeah Veronica as a game is absolute garbage, I sorta like RE0 but it's not good.

SuperGooey

Cross posting

what do you think guys & gals ?
Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who has played RE3 classic.

SuperGooey

Nemesis didn't had a mask in the original,judging by those images it looks to me that he wears a mask. (at the beginning of the game at leat )
I thought you were referring to it being more action oriented.

You may be on to something with that mask. I didnt notice it until you pointed it out.

Geki-D

Banned
Nemesis didn't had a mask in the original,judging by those images it looks to me that he wears a mask. (at the beginning of the game at leat )
Where are you seeing this? I assume you're mistaking his stretched-looking skin for a mask?

Arnas

Yeah something like that, although i see that the visor eye lash is on the left side of his eye which wound't make sense, because when you are looking at the promotional art it is the eye on the right side that is present, so i don't really know.

Last edited:

Arnas

Yeah something like that, although i see that the visor eye lash is on the left side of his eye which wound't make sense, because when you are looking at the promotional art it is the right side os the eye that is present, so i don't realu know.
Where are you seeing this? I assume you're mistaking his stretched-looking skin for a mask?

if you look at the 2nd & 3rd pictures, you see a reddish oval reflection, i think that might be a mask visor

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I never got the chance to play RE3, does the game have different route like RE2 or you play as different characters in original RE?

SuperGooey

I never got the chance to play RE3, does the game have different route like RE2 or you play as different characters in original RE?
Neither. It's one Jill campaign (with one section having you play as Carlos). In this one campaign, there are many "choose your own adventure" moments, making every playthrough feel different. Certain item and enemy locations are randomized as well.

Last edited:

Fake

The first RE3? You just play as Jill until one section you play Carlos and back to Jill. Jill use a mix of same route as RE2 until reach some new routes.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Neither. It's one Jill campaign (with one section having you play as Carlos). In this one campaign, there are many "choose your own adventure" moments, making every playthrough feel different. Certain item and enemy locations are randomized as well.
The first RE3? You just play as Jill until one section you play Carlos and back to Jill. Jill use a mix of same route as RE2 until reach some new routes.
Its seems this game still have good reason to replay the game multiple times like first two games, thank for the reply!

Geki-D

Banned
if you look at the 2nd & 3rd pictures, you see a reddish oval reflection, i think that might be a mask visor
Which pics?
Just one scenario. You get several choices at different points in the game, but they ultimately make very little difference to the overall experience. The game had 2 endings (technically 3 but 2 were the same bar like 3 lines of dialogue just before the last fmv).

RE3 was way more linear than RE2 and shuffled you down a more narrow path. It was also considerably shorter and had less replayability, unless you really like the Mercenaries mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom