• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake | Gameplay Trailer, Information, Editions & Gameplay Reveal

brian0057

Banned
The graphics look good, but I have no clue why people are impressed at all.
I'm impressed by how little gaming has advanced since 2004.
Every remake (Dead Space and Silent Hill included) is just preaching from the Gospel according to Resident Evil 4.
The fact that the treasure maps are DLC already makes this game inferior to the original title.

Last edited:

agarkov

Neo Member
Feels pretty good to play RE games for the first time in my life atm. I bought the RE2 & 3 remakes recently in order to finish them before the RE4 remake. Don’t know why I haven’t played them before but it’s funny to have a ”new” game in the series to look forward to.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Imma make what could be a very sinful confession: i've never played RE4.

Do you guys recommend me to play the original first and then the remake, or just go straight in?

Yes.

Absolutely 100% play the original. Not only because it's a great game, but it will also give you added appreciation for how expanded this remake seems now.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Steelbook Edition.
Although they're not saying it's Exclusive by the looks of it.
But they're the only ones with so far.

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

Dead Space Remake on the other hand is a 1:1 clone.
Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

Keihart

Leon looks more like a Silent Hill character than James on the remake trailer, lmao.

game looks so sick, i really like all the new stuff too.

Edit: one weird thing, the zombies sound spanish now, they used to sound mexican despite being on spain. My "the ganados are mexicans in spain" lore is destroyed.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
This is originally a 2005 game, Capcom released an HD version in 2016 and today, 2022, Resident Evil 4 is the gift that keeps on giving.
You shouldn’t leave out the Wii version. That was something special, as is the Quest 2 version.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Before this year, I had never played a single RE game. I had decided it just wasn't my thing.

That change in 2022 and I've now played:

REmake 2
REmake 3
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil Village

I love the series, despite 5 and 6 being hard to get through. Can't wait for REmake 4!

fart town usa

Gold Member
Imma make what could be a very sinful confession: i've never played RE4.

Do you guys recommend me to play the original first and then the remake, or just go straight in?
At this point, I'd actually wait and play the remake and then go and play the OG.

The OG is definitely worth playing but your thoughts would be super interesting to hear if you went the Remake route first. Most people on Gaf have probably played RE4 multiple times already.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Before this year, I had never played a single RE game. I had decided it just wasn't my thing.

That change in 2022 and I've now played:

REmake 2
REmake 3
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil Village

I love the series, despite 5 and 6 being hard to get through. Can't wait for REmake 4!
Bruh, you gotta play REmake. HD version has modern controls.

skneogaf

I've been searching for the collectors edition all day along side my usual 4090 searches, I took a half hour break.

They became available at a uk store and sold out before I knew about them.

MarkyG

Can't find much fault with what they've shown so far. My only nit-pick is the reticule. Was hoping for an awesome, uber detailed laser sight. Perhaps they'll make it part of the weapon upgrade system? Hope so, game looks amazing otherwise.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

For the SH2 Remake? There's definitely the sentiment online that it doesn't have that "person off the street," feel that VA in the original had. I.e. more professional sounding.

Not saying that it's a good or bad thing, or one that I even agree with, just that it's present.

Generic

I'm not impressed. It's just RE4 with an option to parry attacks using the knife, but with a far more lenient timing window than RE6's counters. No new melee attacks, no dodge, no stamina bar, nothing.

Was I expecting too much?

Also, I didn't see Capcom even bothering to show off the scene where the farmer is at the fireplace, and Leon asks the guy if he has seen Ashley. :(

Nickolaidas

Also, I didn't see Capcom even bothering to show off the scene where the farmer is at the fireplace, and Leon asks the guy if he has seen Ashley. :(
Probably because the encounter goes a little different this time around - Leon engages him in a grapple and breaks his neck, would be my guess. And then as he goes back to leave the house, the Granado is going down the stairs with his neck broken, which freaks out Leon.

That's my guess.
nEIPfOZ.png

I'm so hyped for this game! I pre ordered the Deluxe Edition on PS5. The new outfits look so good. I wish they showed us what Ashley's outfits looked like.

Arachnid

Probably because the encounter goes a little different this time around - Leon engages him in a grapple and breaks his neck, would be my guess. And then as he goes back to leave the house, the Granado is going down the stairs with his neck broken, which freaks out Leon.

That's my guess.
Nearly spot on guess. One of the dudes from easy allies got to play 20 minutes. He said you walk in and it starts the same. Dude grabs an axe and then comes at Leon. Then Leon kicks the dude into the wall so hard it leaves him in the nearly decapitated condition you see him in when you try to leave. That's the first ganado fight you have

Nickolaidas

Nearly spot on guess. One of the dudes from easy allies got to play 20 minutes. He said you walk in and it starts the same. Dude grabs an axe and then comes at Leon. Then Leon kicks the dude into the wall so hard it leaves him in the nearly decapitated condition you see him in when you try to leave. That's the first ganado fight you have
Nice!

Top Bottom