• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Review thread

Eiknarf

the guys playing this game early will get the unpatched cum rain effect 🌧️
My local mom-n-pop game store sells everything they receive early… and they’re allowed to break street date.

They say it’s like a “handicap” for the mom-and-pop stores to try to even the playing field against the big chains like Walmart and Target and Best Buy.

They’re receiving their shipment of RE4 Remake today and I can pick one up if I want. I won’t because I’m not in a rush to buy this… but I’ve gotten four games prior to Street date there. I’m just in no rush to get this

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Any news on day1 ps5 patch?
Do they fix the non shaded hair or blonde quality?
if not, i am getting pc version

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
As of now it seems they've caught on. And you can probable blame Reddit for ruining it.

Even if their site shows they have X number of copies, orders placed now will be marked as "unavailable" - giving the option to ship.
Yep. Mine was just canceled. "unavailable'

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I tried to download the Digital Deluxe PS5 version again and it fails if I select any of the add-one.

I then tried to download the PS4 version and it let me download all of the add-ons.

WTF!?

Another win for smart delivery. 🫤

Last edited:

Madflavor

Not sure what your implying.

Your attitude comes across as one who cannot take any criticism of any kind though.

I mean you posted a Yahtzee video with the words "Well shit." Yahtzee is an entertainer first and foremost. The guy is a well known contrarian who's whole schtick is to take the piss out of games with his style of dry humor. Even when he enjoys a game, you can tell how he's annoyed at the fact that he enjoys it. He's not supposed to be taken seriously in any capacity.

Ulysses 31

Had a hunch that would be the case. Not in a rush to get the game though(played through the gamecube and Wii versions multiple times), still haven't bought Village either. Something about their move away from stylized graphics and B movie camp from their earlier games that's making them fall from grace a little with me, RE2R was excellent but then RE3R happened.

Last edited:
I'm talking to Walmart Customer Service now. Back in November, Walmart actually had the game for $32.99 and I jumped on it ASAP. Nearly EVERY person's order got cancelled but they couldn't cancel my order. Seeing if I can pull some strings here...
I wish you the best of luck, mate!

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Yahtzee has some bad opinions in the past (I don't like JRPGs but like extremely entry level time waste JRPG Persona 5 lmao) but I trust him more than Maximillian and Sphere Hunter.

We'll find out Friday.

simpatico

All day at work and the entire drive home I thought I was going to be able to play. No clue why, but I could have sworn it was the 22nd when it released.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yahtzee has some bad opinions in the past (I don't like JRPGs but like extremely entry level time waste JRPG Persona 5 lmao) but I trust him more than Maximillian and Sphere Hunter.

We'll find out Friday.
I personally find Yahtzee opinions complete trash, his trying waaaay too hard to be funny complaining about most pointless shit.

Danjin44

Played up till Chapter 4.

So fucking good.

Justifying its review scores.
735H.gif

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

funny and creepy. These videos are scary af
edit: 2 remake is one of best games of all time. never played 3.... is it really bad? I've launched it up on steam last week , played 30 minutes and it seem great but I will do full playthrough some time later

Last edited:

Banned

funny and creepy. These videos are scary af
edit: 2 remake is one of best games of all time. never played 3.... is it really bad? I've launched it up on steam last week , played 30 minutes and it seem great but I will do full playthrough some time later

3 is a short action game... and it's good if you don't expect anything else.

people that are upset by it are the fans of the original who are disappointed of the cut scenarios and changes.
but if you don't have any connection to the original and just play it as a horror action game, it's pretty good.

also one guy on YouTube makes videos of them playing dungeons and dragons, that shit is amazing. Ben Shapiro is the Dungeon Master and Trump always wants to deport Dwarfs 🤣

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I find it very strange that a few people in this thread are making it their life's mission to go after this remake with everything in their power and use it as their main argument point as to why the game industry is in a bad place.

I mean you're telling me that out of all the terrible shit that goes on in this industry, the biggest problem right now is a very faithful, high effort remake that has been unanimously praised and even longtime fans who were skeptical of a remake like TheSphereHunter have praised the game as an IMPROVEMENT over the original game.

Just seems strange and all you're doing is showing your true colours of the fact that you were always gonna throw dirt on this game regardless of the outcome.
like i said in the previous thread it's some sad jaded cynics who want every person who's hyped or excited to be sad people like them
there are reasons to dislike the remake and i've seen people explain it but idiots who go over minutae cut content (it really isn't that much guys, and if you were tasked with doing a full AAA remake of a 2000s game with every single bit of content intact, you'd go fucking mad yourself) and other shit are just... sad.

Said it before and ill say it again, leave the hobby for a bit if you're so god damn jaded but stop trying to ruin the party for everyone else

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

The only thing better than Twahtzee are his pseudo intellectual fanboys in the comments there. You can almost SMELL the BO and imitation. I once watched a video about Brain surgery. I've since moved three times and changed my name to get away from the bereaved family of the man who was lost under my knife. The point of the story is, just because you watch a dude whose main shtick is shotgunning British flavored insults doesn't suddenly make YOU the clever one, RandomCommenter#53.

That said, I don't think anyone actually watches Yahtzee with the express goal of deciding whether or not to purchase the game. He's a bit reviewer.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
If RE4 was your favorite you'd know the changes made are for the worse. Generic modern additions like parrying, item durability, stealth, one hit takedowns, etc... A generic shooter is what this is. Better graphics? They're more detailed but for some reason every material is ultra shiny. A throwback to the days of Perfect Dark Zero. Better animation? Yeah, I'll give you that. Better character design? Of course, just look at grandma Salazar. Better sound? Sure, if you like all guns to sound like thumps. Better gameplay? With all that input lag? Better characterization? Leon being stuckup asshole, Luis being an annoying meth-addict looking sidekick that Leon despises, Ada being boring as fuck, etc... Yeah, all better for sure. And of course, removed sections from the original. Wow, so much better.
holy shit i cannot imagine genuinely thinking that objective improvements to the gameplay are somehow a bad thing. you are broken. if you played the demo you'd realize that the new movement options are balanced out by enemies having more health and being harder to take down.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Box art becoming more and more dull, we still have some good ones out there.

6b2262a1ec90062ad07be20fa9bb76fa.png

Colors bug me there. The Art itself is great, but the palette is so all over the place that when you initially view it all you see is a nebula of oranges and blues and have to fight yourself to focus on the actual scene being depicted. That said, I love the artists at Square, especially the ones who lean into that more Ivalice-esque European inspired style.

Danjin44

Colors bug me there. The Art itself is great, but the palette is so all over the place that when you initially view it all you see is a nebula of oranges and blues and have to fight yourself to focus on the actual scene being depicted. That said, I love the artists at Square, especially the ones who lean into that more Ivalice-esque European inspired style.
I don’t know, I actually really liked the colours, it give nice cozy vibe, all together resting under the camp fire.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Played the demo another 3 times tonight on xbox. Performance mode sith raytracing...I'm used to the controls now. Can not edit for Friday. Digital deluxe pre loaded and ready to go bbe!

So ready and it looks soooo good.

Needlecrash

I wish you the best of luck, mate!
So some interesting news. Walmart isn't canceling the $32.99 RE4 order and it's being shipped. I can't get it moved to pick up at store tho. But I placed an order online to get it at the store and it's ready for pickup! I'm gonna try to get it tonight. If not, then first thing tomorrow.

Top Bottom