• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Showcase | 10.20.2022

MDSLKTR

Gold Member
RE4 demo let's gooo
GIF by Resident Evil: Vendetta

Arachnid

Can't wait. I've been watching that trailer basically on repeat since June. Today, we get gameplay! I'm hoping to see Dr. Salvador, Krauser, and a death or two (RE4 deaths were brutal and didn't hide it, the same way Dead Space does). Don't skimp out. I want to see Leon's head on the ground.

r4.gif

ThoseBowedCockatoo-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_nfwx5n8cC81t46hado1_500.gif

FittingWarmheartedAbalone-max-1mb.gif

LsRW.gif

tumblr_m3z156667s1r1btizo2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_ppy8hoTgl61vk2qmmo1_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Despite RE4 being last gen, I really hope they completely revamp the combat system from RE2 and RE3. As much as I enjoyed RE8, the combat is starting to get stale. They revolutionized the TPS genre back in 2005 with RE4. Time to do it again.

Aggelos

This RE4 Remake is a bit of a slippery slope. You don't touch a game that's perfection. You don't tinker with it.
Director Mikami-san mentioned that a couple of times : he considers the RE4 dev team to be "the dream team" and feels/felt really honored to be the director of that team.

So this RE4Remake, even though it's going to have state-of-the-art graphics, character models, cinematic experience, and world design, I don't know if it's going to be something warranted eventually, or another fan service and lip service.

Ok, so first we get a Silent Hill Showcase, then a Final Fantasy 16 trailer, now a random Resident Evil Showcase?

RE Showcase was announced last month at TGS. It was Capcom's decision to show RE4Remake in a separate event.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member

Can't wait. I've been watching that trailer basically on repeat since June. Today, we get gameplay! I'm hoping to see Dr. Salvador, Krauser, and a death or two (RE4 deaths were brutal and didn't hide it, the same way Dead Space does). Don't skimp out. I want to see Leon's head on the ground.

r4.gif

ThoseBowedCockatoo-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_nfwx5n8cC81t46hado1_500.gif

FittingWarmheartedAbalone-max-1mb.gif

LsRW.gif

tumblr_m3z156667s1r1btizo2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_ppy8hoTgl61vk2qmmo1_500.gif

Damn, I forgot how gory RE4 is. Some nice executions there. I hope Capcom ain't going soft on the remake.

Top Bottom