• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Return to Vana'diel

Anyone here take advantage of this offer from Square-Enix? I'm so tempted to reactivate my accound and get my character back....

brocke

Banned
I would take advantage of it by I sold my account. I prolly sold it to some idiot that never plays too, at least according to my linkshell. :(

I would do Anything to get my account back!! Dang I'm still addicted after a 10 months of not playing lol.

Zaptruder

Banned
There's always the urge to go back...

but before I go back, I start browsing FFXI forums, and...

1. Those people are idiots.

2. Reminds you of alot of shit that was bad about the game.

the grind deffinitely gets to me but at the same time i think that's why I miss it because it was deffinitely rewarding (to some degree)

I was considering it, but I really want to give SWG another shot (been a year and nine months since I stopped playing that) because of the combat upgrade.

brocke

Banned
Just curious, do you think if, (theoretically), one sold their account a year ago, and the person quit within the time allowed for return to vanadiel, the original seller could get his account back?

number386

I thought about too, but thought of resting after practically every battle (I'm a black mage) is keeping me at bay. Not to mention the incredibly long time it takes to get around in Vana'diel. I'm a FF junkie though so it's real tough for me.

brocke

Banned
Grr... The part that really is bad now is that the person that bought my account cancelled the account. I cannot do return to vanadiel though since I need my registration codes and I threw all those books out a long time ago. If only I could find out who bought the account I could ask to buy it back (since they don't seem like they play it anymore).

Ferd

Resting?! RDM or BRD should remedy that with ease. A good party will never rest, other than after a link or something.

number386

Ferd said:
Resting?! RDM or BRD should remedy that with ease. A good party will never rest, other than after a link or something.

I was a reletively low level at 20, played for three months. I never had a bard in one of my parties but I'm pretty sure I had a red mage once or twice.
:)

The most disheartnening part of dying was returning back to the point of death where it would take me about 30 minutes.

Buggy Loop

Well i was already playing since april, i used the program to revive my one year old character i deleted back in may 2k4, i now have a lvl 28 naked elvaan warrior as a mule in jeuno lol :p

Melees pretty much never rest inbetween battles, they gotta keep TP. Its normal for mages to rest inbetween though, even with RDM's refresh (which i now have, lvl 44 rdm ^^), its only 150mp over 3 mins, it cuts downtime a LOT but mages still have to rest inbetween to get MP.

I did all 3 promyvions this weekend, COP areas, unlocked the tavnazian continent. Was hella fun, party consisted of Kenshiro (Kintaro here on GA), Spiderlily (spiderjerusalem), Hogashi, nightwing & rufusmckain. Prom dem party setup was rng/nin, war/nin, whm/blm, smn/whm, drg/?, and me, rdm/whm. Nightwing switched from drg to rng for the other 2 promyvions. Was hella fun, the cutscenes, the music in these levels, the weird and cool looking monsters, the atmosphere in it (took tons of screenshots, just dont know where to host em). We did 2 boss in each, the enm and the prom boss. Our 2nd ENM in holla dropped an elemental earring, thats 6M @ AH, thats 1M each :eek: Plus when you win an ENM, its 3000xp, so thats 9000xp for beating holla/dem/mea enm. Went from lvl 42 to 44 just with that.

Good times ^^

ronito

I've been playing with the idea of reviving lil Spoony (BRD on the Sylph server). But there was a definite reason I quit to start off with. I think I'll probably leave it be and let nostalgia cover up any bad times, instead of going back and getting the bad all back.

Top Bottom