• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rez Infinite |OT| Fear is the Mind Killer-App

raven777

downloaded the theme. Kinda wish particle colors change instead of staying yellow the whole time...

But it's really nice free theme.

Ferr986

Theme looks good. DL'ed on my japanese account but I can't use it on my main EU one :(

Hope they release it on the EU store.

EDIT: Nvm, it's up already on the EU store.

Is there an ETA for it showing up on the US store? Or is it just when things update later today. Don't really want to create a JP or EU account for one theme

Ferr986

Theme is awesome but it's me or is the music really low? Sound effects are good but the music is too low in comparison.

Huzzah! The secret may finally be told:

We made that! :D

Congrats! Other than that small nitpick (and it may be just me) it's a lovely theme.

Finally got my physical copy on Monday. Played through Areas 1-5 and Area X last night on a Pro w/ VR. The game is perfect. I can't believe we really got a new level for this game. Also, controlling the cursor with head tracking in this game is a revelation. Even if we never get a true sequel, this is a fitting epilogue for one of the greatest games ever made.

I want to start score attacking, but that might have to wait. Too many other holiday releases currently have their teeth in me.

Seik

Banned
So I just played the game entirely at my friend's place tonight with his PSVR.

Holy shit, this game holds up so good in VR, we did Area 1-5 back to back wanting more.

And then....

AND THEN...

Fucking.

Area.

X.

I tried a lot of shit in VR, but this, THIS, this was an inspirational experience, it was something so very legit.

We need a REZ 2.

Gav

Am i correct in thinking that Rez Infinite is in HDR?
It is not changing my TV to HDR when playing - like UC4 & R&C do.

Finally got a chance to try this in vr.

Couples of questions :

- First time booting Rez Infinite, do I want to play the game first to jump DIRECTLY to Area X (if I can ?) to maximize the VR novelty value ?
- Can I play with PS moves ? If yes, should I ?

notacat

Couples of questions :

- First time booting Rez Infinite, do I want to play the game first to jump DIRECTLY to Area X (if I can ?) to maximize the VR novelty value ?

I think you have to do the main game first. I'd suggest doing that for sure, it's a blast. Area-x is more like an epilogue IMO.

edit: PSmove is supported? I had no clue.

Also, I saw recently there was a Rez 1.04 patch or something? Anyone know what it was? I can't find release notes.

robotrock

Banned

Couples of questions :

Don't play with PS Move. Head tracking + DS4 is good. With the Move, it can make switching from aiming with your head to aiming with the move to be a little bit confusing. I did not like it.

Also play Rez first to maximize the novelty of Area X.

I think you have to do the main game first. I'd suggest doing that for sure, it's a blast. Area-x is more like an epilogue IMO.

edit: PSmove is supported? I had no clue.

Also, I saw recently there was a Rez 1.04 patch or something? Anyone know what it was? I can't find release notes.

Don't play with PS Move. Head tracking + DS4 is good. With the Move, it can make switching from aiming with your head to aiming with the move to be a little bit confusing. I did not like it.

Also play Rez first to maximize the novelty of Area X.

Thanks for advice.

Plugin in now.

Fear is the mind killer.

Kyonashi

Saw this on Twitter today and thought I'd drop it here:

@kobunheat said:
Oh hey, here's some press handout art for Rez from back in the day that's been sitting on my hard drive forever @GameHistoryOrg

https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/839920855224213504

C6f_hdYU8AA5axd.jpg

Out of all the PS VR titles I own, I always recommend Rez Infinite first to new buyers. It's so freagin' great in VR! Worth every penny. Even bought the shoddy physical edition from Iam8bit.com!

Ferr986

So it always annoyed me how the boss track had different parts depending on if you're listening to the game version or the vynil version, so I mixed them both into a single extended version of the track.

It's not perfect because sound quality differences but it's the best I could do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGokPaDB3Ug

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I beat this game so many times on DC, PS2, and 360... but now I seem to constantly choke on the final boss. When it gets down to a quarter of its health and spams a million bullets that not even Overdrive can stop. Any suggestions?

SirChop

Neo Member
I beat this game so many times on DC, PS2, and 360... but now I seem to constantly choke on the final boss. When it gets down to a quarter of its health and spams a million bullets that not even Overdrive can stop. Any suggestions?

Which million bullets are getting you? If you mean the ones that the boss spawns, you can usually power through it by targeting the boss or shooting the bullets/overdrive. If you mean by the floating cannons that fly around, you need to manage them and shoot them to disable them temporarily. Each phase adds one more cannon IIRC.

Ogni-XR21

You can start shooting the base of the boss much earlier than it would seem. It's actually quite doable to be fast enough so these million bullets don't even get a chance to be fired. But if you start early enough overdrive should do the trick even if it triggers.

SirChop

Neo Member
The Rez Infinite Soundtrack is out digitally worldwide, almost 16 years after the original game came out! Oddly enough, it's priced differently across the different music stores.

I thought from the wording that it would be available for streaming without purchase, but it hasn't appeared as such. The release in digital music stores took a while to rollout, so perhaps it's just an issue that would clear up in a week or so.

robotrock

Banned
The Rez Infinite Soundtrack is out digitally worldwide, almost 16 years after the original game came out! Oddly enough, it's priced differently across the different music stores.

I thought from the wording that it would be available for streaming without purchase, but it hasn't appeared as such. The release in digital music stores took a while to rollout, so perhaps it's just an issue that would clear up in a week or so.

What version of Fear is on it?

Top Bottom